(Topic ID: 221344)

Stern Flight 2000 what the F

By JT-Pinball

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

So I finally got this Flight 2000 back together. Had the game working 100%. Tore down playfield and rebuit the mechs and cleaned all the switches. I have re-pinned all the male and female connectors on the MPU. Now that I have this thing together the “F” on the two in lanes dose not consistently register? When it does it triggers both “F” to fire at the same time. What the F?

#2 5 years ago

Both f’s registering together is correct. It can be changed to single f via the dip switches.

#3 5 years ago

yeah MPU switch #13 , ON spots both "F"'s , OFF spots 1 "F"

sounds like one of the 2 switches doesn't trigger & when you hit the other one you're getting both

a switch test sould help sort it out

#4 5 years ago

Thanks all! Yes when I had the MPU out I must have accidentally flipped #13. I guess I should have read the whole manual on the game. Lose wire on the switch caused a intermittent contact on one side.

#5 5 years ago

Now give that thing some love! Great game!

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Now give that thing some love! Great game!

Don't have mine anymore, but man, I LOVED ripping that right spinner!

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Don't have mine anymore, but man, I LOVED ripping that right spinner!

I will NEVER get rid of my F2K, and this spinner is a big part of the reason why. The whole process - every game - of building the value of that right side spinner (which of course helps build your EOB multiplier as well) never gets old for me. It always feels good to get both the right side spinner and the EOB bonus maxed out. Scores have to potential to get insanely good at that point.

The more I learn about pinball and the more pinball machines I play and learn about, the higher my opinion of F2K goes. It was the preferred game of my older brother and his buddies when they were dragging me with them to the local arcade in the early 80s. Back then I saw it as the cool game I could never play, sa they were always on it. I see it now as one of the truly great, absolute best games from that early SS era as we transitioned from old school rules and scoring to new school rules and scoring. I encourage anyone who has never played F2K to seek one out and give it a try.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallKid:

I will NEVER get rid of my F2K, and this spinner is a big part of the reason why. The whole process - every game - of building the value of that right side spinner (which of course helps build your EOB multiplier as well) never gets old for me. It always feels good to get both the right side spinner and the EOB bonus maxed out. Scores have to potential to get insanely good at that point.
The more I learn about pinball and the more pinball machines I play and learn about, the higher my opinion of F2K goes. It was the preferred game of my older brother and his buddies when they were dragging me with them to the local arcade in the early 80s. Back then I saw it as the cool game I could never play, sa they were always on it. I see it now as one of the truly great, absolute best games from that early SS era as we transitioned from old school rules and scoring to new school rules and scoring. I encourage anyone who has never played F2K to seek one out and give it a try.

Good call, I don't have a large lineup but I would leave F2K for a while then come back and play the crap out of it for a week, then a lull again. I made a trade up and I am very happy with what I have for it now and I LOVE playing it, so i'm very content with the decision in the end. But I agree it doesn't quite get the attention it deserves

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
$ 125.00
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-flight-2000-what-the-f and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.