10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by swinks
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 months ago

Hi All.

Bought a Flight 2000 and doing some work.

The pop bumper housings were cracked and I got new ones from Pinball Life. The pop bumper rod & ring assemblies are plastic and the normal fiber and metal yokes are plastics too.

They are not broken, but I would rather use new parts and I don't see new plastic parts anywhere.

Also, someone used a little grease on the plastic yokes which I assume is not the way to do it?

So will metal rod & rings and metal and fiber yokes work ok?

Thanks, Mark

#2 10 months ago

New plastic parts are available from Swinks shop on Shapeways. To use the plastic parts with the new base you'll have to drill the rod and ring holes in the base oversized for the plastic rods. This would be my preferred option since the plastic parts have less mass and snappier performance.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/dutch-orange

I don't know about just replacing the plastic parts with metal. The plunger and stop bracket may not be compatible, you may need to buy these parts as well, but I don't know, I've never done this conversion.

#3 10 months ago

If you convert it the plastic parts to new metal ring/rods you’ll need the metal and fiber yokes. They’ll work just the same. The plastic yokes are shaped to fit the plastic rods, so they’re incompatible with the more common metal ones.

I’ll be the first to throw my hat in the ring to buy the used plastic ring/rod and yokes from you however!

#4 10 months ago

Thanks guys - everyone else - send your opinions & thoughts.

Mark

#5 10 months ago

I'd keep the original plastic parts if they are still in good condition. As mentioned above they are nice and snappy.

#6 10 months ago

As long as there's no wear/play, keep the original plastic. They don't need replacing as bad as the metal

#7 10 months ago

Here is a better link for just the pop bumper parts I helped people with:

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinkscsbumper&sort=newest

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-flight-2000-pop-bumper-rebuild-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.