4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Yesh23
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Assuming you have a completely flat floor are Stern machines suppose to have both the front and the back set of leg levelers flat? If they’re set at the same position does this create 6.5 degrees on the playfield?

#2 4 years ago

Front all the way in normally, back set them so your playfield is at 6.5 to 7 or whatever angle you like. Def not flat in the back. Measure angle on playfield, not on glass. Use a level or phone app or whatever you have.

Also how could you have owned like 160 games and not know how a game is leveled...I'm confused lololol

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

Front all the way in normally, back set them so your playfield is at 6.5 to 7 or whatever angle you like. Def not flat in the back. Measure angle on playfield, not on glass. Use a level or phone app or whatever you have.
    Also how could you have owned like 160 games and not know how a game is leveled...I'm confused lololol

Yes, I know how to level a game and have an app. I just heard someone today state that on Sterns new games, if all the feet are all the way in that it creates 6.5 degrees on a level floor and thought that was odd. I just figured it’d be lower than 6.5 degrees

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yesh23:

Yes, I know how to level a game and have an app. I just heard someone today state that on Sterns new games, if all the feet are all the way in that it creates 6.5 degrees on a level floor and thought that was odd. I just figured it’d be lower than 6.5 degrees

Def not right I have a new Maiden and it's same as any other pin.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yesh23:

I just heard someone today state that on Sterns new games, if all the feet are all the way in that it creates 6.5 degrees on a level floor

Nope.

#6 4 years ago

Not sure about modern Sterns, but older Sterns did make that claim. Quote from the TSPP manual:

"The Cabinet is designed to give the recommended 6.5° pitch to the Playfield when all four (4) Legs are installed with the Leg Levelers turned all the way in"

Maybe that is only true for Sterns from the Whitestar era? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjchand:

"The Cabinet is designed to give the recommended 6.5° pitch to the Playfield when all four (4) Legs are installed with the Leg Levelers turned all the way in"

The Star Trek manual says the same thing. The manual for Elvira's House of Horrors does not. It says to use the bubble level.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjchand:

Not sure about modern Sterns, but older Sterns did make that claim. Quote from the TSPP manual:
    Maybe that is only true for Sterns from the Whitestar era? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Very cool, I didn’t even think about looking there

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-feet-levelers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.