• 18 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by TigerLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

This topic is closed.

#1 10 years ago

I have been a member of Pinside for almost 3 years, although I lurked for a while before joining. There is a wealth of knowledge here and people are always willing to jump in and help with problems with machines and with problems in life as far as that goes.

The one thing that was obvious from the day I first logged on to the site is that Stern haters are the most vocal members here. Anything Gary or Steve says is immediately jumped on and cast in a negative light by the same 5 or 6 people, over and over, in every..single..Stern..thread.

I think everyone here knows this, including the moderators and Robin. In fact, I think this is what Robin alluded to when he said he wanted the site to be more positive this year. Obviously the site has not become more positive, as it's more of the same.

So, having said that, this thread is for people like me, who think Stern is great for pinball, and has created some awesome machines. IMO, how could any unbiased person look at Stern and not see the advances made compared to other machines? The gameplay is simply FAST and awesome.

I didn't pull the trigger when I should have on TronLE, so it is going to cost me. I now have a Luci on order and that, along with ST will be my first, and maybe only, NIB games. Rock on Stern !

TROLLS NOT WELCOME HERE!

#2 10 years ago

ROFL

Well played sir, well played.

#3 10 years ago

Love some Stern games and props to them on Mustang. Now if they would only post code

#4 10 years ago

Go, Stern, Go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

#5 10 years ago

Even though this thread is for spite, I absolutely love my STLE and my Luci and looking forward to getting a LOTR soon!

#6 10 years ago

TRONLE is the best machine ever built. I do not know how anyone can see and play this game without agreeing. This is not hyperbole.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

TRONLE is the best machine ever built. I do not know how anyone can see and play this game without agreeing. This is not hyperbole.

It's my all time favorite pin. I've had mine for over two years now. Still not even remotely tired of it. That's why I still have the pin, and still have my same Avatar.

#8 10 years ago

I love me some Stern Pinball!

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from cichlid:

The one thing that was obvious from the day I first logged on to the site is that Stern haters are the most vocal members here. Anything Gary or Steve says is immediately jumped on and cast in a negative light by the same 5 or 6 people, over and over, in every..single..Stern..thread.

OK,,, I have to jump in I suppose. I am like you. I feel this is the most informative forum of all that I participate in... and the most enjoyable as well. And when I say 'all' the forums I participate in this in the ONLY pinball forum. All of the other stuff I do is for research on electronics, cars, politics, work, history, etc. So, I comment only from the enjoyment that I get from the people on this forum.

So my take is this: I don't know if I'm a member of the 'Stern' club. Although most I own is from Stern, except for my Williams which I thoroughly enjoy as well. I think that the product is great!... I have AC/DC as well as Tron and like them both. I would however like to own a JJP product too!

I guess overall, I just don't see 'haters' on this website like I do on all of the others. I mean, sure, there are the die hard fans of one or the other, but I think they just express their opinions strongly (but for the most part intelligently).

I don't know of the 5 or 6 folks that you speak of..... but for me, I guess I appreciate all of the information, whether it be what I want to hear or what I don't want to hear. This is how I learn... and move forward. I certainly have not read much that ever 'wasted my time'...... which I read on other sites all of the time.

so... appreciation I suppose goes to the moderators and those that must 'block' these things that I don't have to read.... because I haven't read much of it.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

As good as it is I don't think it is even Sterns best.

#12 10 years ago

Thanks for creating the thread. I can't believe that some of the haters are still posting the same old crap and bashing ST / Stern for months on end.

I've had my Tron LE for about 2.5 years now and I'm really enjoying it. The rules are very polished and the game has that overall "you're on the ultimate trip feel" while playing. Tron LE is hands down the best pin I've ever owned as well as played. Looking forward to whatever random theme Gary pulls out of his ass next!

#13 10 years ago

#14 10 years ago

they made IM, so they're cool in my book.

JJP has come outta the gate pretty great. But Stern is pumping out 2.5 titles a year... and isn't going to stop anytime soon methinks.

don't call it a comeback, they've been here for years.

#15 10 years ago

I think Stern makes the best built, highest quality pinball machines of all of the current manufacturers here in April, 2014

#16 10 years ago

BBH is a Stern, and that game is like Jesus!

#17 10 years ago

I'm starting a Skit-B Fan Club....

#18 10 years ago

I locked the WOZ thread this one derived from. As this was a humor thread springing from a thread that was closed I am preemptivly locking it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-fan-club-members-only and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.