Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kbliznick
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I know people are throwing lots of titles out and speculating which ones will or won't be run but I for one would love to see FG. Some are speculating that you won't see Tron because they have already had three runs. Other suggest LOTR won't happen because of copyright issues. My concern would be if there is enough demand for FG. I don't see anything since BBH being a vault edition because either a) there are still machines that haven't sold or b) are current enough where you couldn't call them vault editions (TRS VE?). Would it be BDK? TSPP? SM? WPT? Is there enough demand for CSI, 24, FG, Shrek or the Sopranos? In case you are wondering I did order an IM VE. I would pick up SM .

#2 9 years ago

The only games where I see there being enough demand for a 500 machine run is LOTR, SM, TSPP, Tron and POTC. I see nothing else that would sell out 500 games. I owned a FGY for years, great game. Not much demand though that I have seen.

#3 9 years ago

I'm not sure they have the parts. I was down there picking up my AC/DC shortly after they finished the run of LE's and they had a huge dumpster full of boxes all labeled Family Guy characters. This dumpster was HUGE and it was over 1/2 full.

Did think to tell anyone at the time to see if they wanted to do some dumpster diving.

chris

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

I know people are throwing lots of titles out and speculating which ones will or won't be run but I for one would love to see FG. Some are speculating that you won't see Tron because they have already had three runs. Other suggest LOTR won't happen because of copyright issues. My concern would be if there is enough demand for FG. I don't see anything since BBH being a vault edition because either a) there are still machines that haven't sold or b) are current enough where you couldn't call them vault editions (TRS VE?). Would it be BDK? TSPP? SM? WPT? Is there enough demand for CSI, 24, FG, Shrek or The Sopranos? In case you are wondering I did order an IM VE. I would pick up SM .

Tron will be rerun and vault editions will most likely only happen when and if they have capacity to fill. I do not think we will see anything but Iron Man Tron and maybe another Iron Man run. Who knows they may also do Metallica with a new cabinet.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The only games where I see there being enough demand for a 500 machine run is LOTR, SM, TSPP, Tron and POTC. I see nothing else that would sell out 500 games. I owned a FGY for years, great game. Not much demand though that I have seen.

I don't really think that Stern could sell 500 units of any of the aforementioned games. 500 is really a whole heckuva lot of games when you think about it. Sometimes we all lose sight of the how insular this hobby really is. And I'm sorry, but where ever there is pinball on location, all I see is tumbleweed going through the place, so I think this whole concept of increased routing is a bit overblown. IM is really the only game where so few were produced and so many seemed to want them and there was so much pent up demand, that maybe 500 units will move. But that's stretching it. As for any of the other titles? No chance.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Is 500 where they place their margins to know they have made a decent profit? Most of the things I have read seem to mark this as the magic number.

chris

#7 9 years ago

They could sell 500 more SM's at $4,800. I'm pretty sure about that.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

They could sell 500 more SM's at $4,800. I'm pretty sure about that.

I agree with this and also think lotr would sell 500 as well

#9 9 years ago

I don't really relish the thought of paying nearly $5000 for a used FGY, either. I'd love to hear they were making a handful more.

#10 9 years ago

Stern may not be able to sell 500 more FGY's , but I sure would buy one of them.

#11 9 years ago

I could see POTC getting a limited license again

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Is 500 where they place their margins to know they have made a decent profit? Most of the things I have read seem to mark this as the magic number.
chris

I think that last batch of trons they ran was 200. None of us know sterns costs. That is a closely guarded trade secret. I'd love to know that info though.

#13 9 years ago

I think everyone should own/try a Family Guy, super fun pin. And if you are a fan of the show like me, it is a must buy.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I think everyone should own/try a Family Guy, super fun pin. And if you are a fan of the show like me, it is a must buy.

Great flow (especially for a Lawlor), great call outs, good modes, but the mini pf gets very very old after only a week.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-family-guy-vault-edition and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.