(Topic ID: 29382)

Stern Factory question

By jeffgoldstein2

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Summer_2012_034.JPG

#1 11 years ago

Does anyone know if the stern Factory has an arcade that you can demo of the games? Also is it open to the public or by appointment only?

#2 11 years ago

Call Stern and ask.

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

It would be nice if they picked up!

#4 11 years ago

Everytime you call and ask a simple question they transfer you immediately to someone else that is not there then they don't call you back.

#5 11 years ago

Go knock on their door.

In the past they have been receptive to giving tours to visitors. People have posted about that.

It is always possible that policy has changed.

I never seen or heard of an arcade in there where you can play games.

LTG : )

#6 11 years ago

Head up to GameWorks in Schaumburg...they have (had?) X-Men, Transformers, Sopranos, Tron, AC/DC..maybe a couple more i can't think of

#7 11 years ago

There is two Rooms with pins in it. One in the office One in the Factory.

#8 11 years ago

I remember back in the day when bally/midway had a showroom near me. in fact, a neighbour 5 days down from my parents was the sales rep, so when I would go in there to look at the games, he would give me a roll of quarters to "try them all out"

good times

#9 11 years ago

Just give them a call. I called and asked about a tour this past summer in July when we was passing through Chicago on vacation and they told me to just stop in and someone there should be able to give us a tour, so thats what we did.

Stern gave us a nice detailed tour of the factory and got to meet and talk to Steve Ritchie and Jon Borg. They do have a small game room but at the time we were there, they had it all emptyed out with the exception of a X Men Pro that they had just shot a video of in that room. Got to play X Men while Jon Borg stood there and talked about all the features of the game, which was preety cool and at the same time , nervous as hell, because Borg got to see my terrible pinball playing skills!!!

The tour really made me appreciate what all Stern does to produce a pinball and all the work that goes into one. I felt like they "rolled the red carpet out" for us and really do care about there customers.

#10 11 years ago

Here is a pic from the tour. Summer_2012_034.JPGSummer_2012_034.JPG

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Everytime you call and ask a simple question they transfer you immediately to someone else that is not there then they don't call you back.

Been there...

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from ronlisa:

Here is a pic from the tour.

Nice. Your family will never forget that.

#14 11 years ago

That's amazing that they would just have some regular visitors do a tour. Very nice of them, but as a business owner... I just can't believe it! good for you though .

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Does anyone know if the stern Factory has an arcade that you can demo of the games? Also is it open to the public or by appointment only?

Would you like me to send an email to my contacts and see. When were you thinking about going?

#16 11 years ago

HAHAH Further Proof Stern reads this forum

From Sterns Facebook Page just now
    STERN PINBALL, INC.
    Looking to take a tour of Stern Pinball?
    STERN Pinball - Tour
    www.sternpinball.com
    Like · · Share · a few seconds ago ·

http://www.sternpinball.com/Tour.aspx

#17 11 years ago

I'd be more excited to take a tour of FarSight...they have one of every table in Pinball Arcade in their pinball room for QA purposes, and the office is on a lake somewhere in the mountains (Northern Cali?)

Not that I won't now find an excuse to visit Chicago...

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from ronlisa:

The tour really made me appreciate what all Stern does to produce a pinball and all the work that goes into one. I felt like they "rolled the red carpet out" for us and really do care about there customers.

I love hearing these stories. It's something that Stern has done for years but rarely gets mentioned.

BTW love your game room dude.

Pappy

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-factory-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.