7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by PinballHog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7024 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7023 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7022 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballHog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I bought some Stern extended button guard side rails from Pinball Life. These are the ones with no extra screw below the button. After I installed them the button guard on both sides flare out at the bottom below each button. Any ideas on how to get these flush with the side of the machine, or is this the way everybody's does? Thanks for any ideas.

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Sounds like something isn't lined up quite right. Have a pic of the flare? All mine sit basicly flush.

It's flush at the top but flares out just a little at the bottom.

IMG_7022 (resized).JPGIMG_7022 (resized).JPG

IMG_7023 (resized).JPGIMG_7023 (resized).JPG

IMG_7024 (resized).JPGIMG_7024 (resized).JPG

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Looks like it could be slightly twisted at the rail maybe

Both sides were nice and flush when I first set them on the machine. They didn't flare until I tightened down the nut on the back side of the screw at the top of the button. I don't think I over tightened them, but maybe I did. I guess I could take them back off and bend them a little, or I might could put a small washer between the cabinet and the back side of the rail. What do you guys think?

#9 7 years ago

I think I'll try the washer 1st. Thank you for the info.

#10 7 years ago

I got them fixed. I had to twist them slightly and they layed down.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballHog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-extended-button-guard-side-rails-questions?tu=PinballHog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.