Stern early m100 not displays

By Michaelxwhite

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

So, I picked up a stern wild fyre and the game plays perfectly. Only problem is absolutely none of the displays work. Did all the usual: j1 connector good, fuse good...what am I missing. Also, I have no manual and this is my first stern of this era. Any help is greatly appreciated.

#2 6 years ago

The manual and schematics are here:

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2783

There's a fuse on the driver board, and fuses on the rectifier board.

#3 6 years ago

Sorry, I should have used the plural instead of singular "fuse". I should have been more precise. Allow me to rephrase; I checked the "fuses". Thank you so much for the manual link. Hope you had a great holiday!

#4 6 years ago

Did you actually test them with a multimeter, or just do a visual inspection?

#5 6 years ago

I have a multimeter and oscilloscope. I did use a multimeter yes. That's why I'm confused as to all of them being out. First step, check fuses when all of something is not working.

#6 6 years ago

The next step is to check voltages.

#7 6 years ago

Got 5v where it needs to be. According to schematics. The schematics are a huge help, thank you so much!

#8 6 years ago

Have to oscilloscope the board components I'm sure. Pins good, voltage supposedly good according to multimeter, but perhaps the supply is fluctuating and not holding steady do to bad resistor or...

#9 6 years ago

All just continue to back Trace to the source of the problem. Once more, I'm very appreciative for the manual link!

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Michaelxwhite:

I checked the "fuses".

Besides the fuses on the rectifier board, there is a display fuse (1/4 amp fast blow) on the back of the light board in the backbox. See the bottom right corner of the picture at the following link - it's under the red card:

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2783&picno=26871&zoom=1

There may also be a display fuse (3/16 amp fast blow) on the top middle area of the solenoid driver board which is the big board in the back box in the top right.

#12 6 years ago

I'm working on a wild fire right now and had the same issue...all displays were out. I checked the voltage on the power / driver board and it was missing the 190 volts. I replaced C23 and C26 capictors and displays now work.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

There may also be a display fuse (3/16 amp fast blow) on the top middle area of the solenoid driver board which is the big board in the back box in the top right.

Checked all fuses...

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Evilive69:

I'm working on a wild fire right now and had the same issue...all displays were out. I checked the voltage on the power / driver board and it was missing the 190 volts. I replaced C23 and C26 capictors and displays now work.

You were correct my friend! Thank you!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 45.00
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 45.00
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
$ 10.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-early-m100-not-displays?hl=michaelxwhite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.