(Topic ID: 148206)

Stern driver 520 5137 00 which games?

By silver_spinner

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160102_001210_(resized).jpg
    20160102_001222_(resized).jpg
    20160102_001233_(resized).jpg

#1 8 years ago

what games does THIS go to? Notice it doesnt use J9 or several fuses or a bridge at brdg1. Look close. It looks white star but its missing those parts that are used in whitestar games. It is stock too.

20160102_001233_(resized).jpg20160102_001233_(resized).jpg

20160102_001222_(resized).jpg20160102_001222_(resized).jpg

20160102_001210_(resized).jpg20160102_001210_(resized).jpg

#3 8 years ago

doesn't tell about this specific board, already looked it can be installed in nascar for example, lights will work... but flippers wont work etc as that section and connector is missing from this board, so the connector in machine game cabinet has nothing to plug into even though board is stock. notice how my board does not have the 4th led to the right either. many transistors not present as well when comparing to normal white star driver in nascar, sopranos, etc.

#4 8 years ago

Interesting. I'd like to know what this goes to as well. It is reversion G, which is a standard board (e.g., http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-5137-01). Since it is missing many of the components, I wonder if it goes to one a light version of a game such as a home version of something. Checking out IPDB: http://ipdb.org/search.pl?mpu=33&sortby=name&searchtype=advanced , I don't see anything that jumps out. Where did you pick this up?

#5 8 years ago

Maybe it went to Stern's Simpsons Kooky Carnival? I can't find a download of the manual to check the part number for the IO board. Kooky Carnival came out around the time Stern switched to SAM, so it could have a Whitestar IO board in it.

#6 8 years ago

I needed one for a nascar. I bought it on ebay. I emailed the seller and asked if it would work in nascar and they said yes. I bid and won. Well, it doesn't work in nascar or any other stern I own as explained above. The auction simply said" pulled from a working game". I assumed pinball. Since I have the board, I told them it wont work in nascar and asked which game they pulled it from. No answer from them.

#7 8 years ago

fyi. found out its for titanic or monopoly redemption games. not sure about kooky carnival.

#8 8 years ago

Yeah, that's a redemption board.

Not all redemption boards were bare like that. I bought a Titanic and it was complete. I know someone who bought a Monopoly and it was complete. Adding the parts shouldn't be all that costly if you can solder.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-driver-520-5137-00-which-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.