Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Deaconblooze
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

This popped up on my local craigslist a couple days ago. I've never heard of this machine before. I assume it's pretty rare. Anybody know anything about it?

chicago.craigslist.org link

#2 7 years ago

Wow, this game must be even more rare than I first thought if nobody even has anything to say about it.

#3 7 years ago

Unless this is an ironic post, I'll bite. Because I was reading about the history of stern this morning here.
http://www.pinballnews.com/comment/sterndesign.html

Seems cool, odd that they went to sports themes, but themes were pretty weird back then. Production numbers low. Value 350 to 750 probably.

Edit: Looks like the seller doesn't like their Scorpion cab. I swear, the day after you buy a game it's everywhere.

#4 7 years ago

Looks to be in good shape, but not very interesting. Most of those old Sterns are fun though. http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=dragonfist&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from firebird:

I was reading about the history of stern this morning here.
http://www.pinballnews.com/comment/sterndesign.html

Thanks for the link! That's a great article. I never read it before. Ironically, I've played or at least heard of every pin mentioned in that article except Dragonfist. This particular quote was quite interesting indeed:

"Dragon Fist came next, another rare but also much more conservative game. If you manage to find a working Dragon Fist or Viper it’s a very rare find."

I guess I screwed up and should have went to take a look at the game.

#6 7 years ago

I was checking that one as well...

The things I had noticed.... was the playfield looked kinda blah to me. As well as the speech - lack there of....

Kinda lame Stern started to get cheaper the latter half of their '80s pins.

#7 7 years ago

Viper is a cool game, almost had one once. This looks like it may not be too good. Rare usually means not good.

#8 7 years ago

Dragonfist is one of the pins at Add-A-Ball. James Edes also has one of these. Fun! A couple of skill shots to make, too, like the spinner shot.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Rare usually means not good.

True, but this was very near the end of Stern's run. Pinball was dying in 1982, so the low production numbers may not be an accurate reflection of how good the game really is.

#10 7 years ago

Damn, reading that article really twists the knife with the big game that I narrowly missed out on about three weeks ago. I love those original Stern's! Are you making a move on it gweem?

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from guymontag451:

Are you making a move on it gweem?

To be honest, I assume it is probably long gone by now. I guess I can always email the guy an see what's up.

#12 7 years ago

I saw this one as well. Seems kinda cool, the only reviews claim that it's quite fast. Kind of a cool theme, but not room in my tiny collection for another single level game.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside