• 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Quench
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spinneraddict.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I picked up a dracula that was in pretty rough shape. I cleaned everything, did all new connectors and fuses. Finally put power to it and it blows the F2 fuse on the rectifier board. Bad board? Short? Where should i go from here?

Any help would be great. Thanks

#2 4 years ago

I disconnected J1 and J3, replaced fuse. Upon powering i get a hum then a second later it blows F2. I see no solenoids locked on. Bad rectifier board? Just to note the varistor on the input power line was blown. i replaced that as i was doing the general maintenance.

Thanks

#4 4 years ago

Thanks, i just placed an order for a new board. Guess ill start there

#6 4 years ago

Ok.. replaced rectifier board. Now i get proper voltages without J1 or J3 plugged in but as soon as i connect them my voltages on T2 drops to zero. Solenoid board?

#8 4 years ago

Yep, displays unplugged. It starts to register voltage then drops to zero.

#9 4 years ago

Ok, new rectifier board. Just installed new driver board. All points have proper voltages with the exception of the 12v on driver is testing at 15.9. Documentation says 12 to 15. Is 15.9 to much? Im now getting a red light on mpu but game wont boot. Nothing on displays. Board looks to have had battery damage and was cut off before i got the game. Does it seem like bad mpu? I can order the rottendog board but now im starting to get priced in pretty deep for this dracula.

#11 4 years ago

Thanks for the response Quench. I guess at this point im committed to see it thru. Thanks for the link for the board. Im going to order it and see where that gets me. After this there is only 2 boards left, hopefully they will be ok.

#13 4 years ago

Boy, im taking it tough on this machine. Just installed a new mpu board. I power on, i have life! So i close it up. And play a couple games. Everything is registering, game is playing good. I notice a few insert lights out so i power down, lift the playfield and change the bulbs. I lower the playfield to play again, i power on and now i have zero sound. I had it fine the first 2 games no nothing. I checked the connectors and everything seems ok.. any suggestions?

#14 4 years ago

So i reflowed the pins on the SB. Powered up. Sound was back. I played 6-7 games. I shut it off to wax the playfield. When i turned it back on. No sound!

#16 4 years ago

Ok, new harness came in and i hooked it up. I have sound. I played a few games. Ran out of credits. Dropped a few quarters, played a few more games. Ate lunch, went to play and now it wont register the quarters or start a game. What could i have possible done?

#19 4 years ago

Well fixed the coin door, ground was off on switch. Played 2 more games then sound goes out again.. so the harness was not the problem

#21 4 years ago

Ok, im not sure what happened but i hope someone here can help. I spent the last 3 days trying to figure it out. So before i was able to play a game with no sound and everything else worked. Now i can coin up, start a game but only the flipper coils work. The reset bank coils, slings and pop bumpers no longer work. Or the ball kick out. Ive checked all fuses with a meter. I can not figure this out. Played fine for days (minus sound)

#22 4 years ago

Voltages still check out on all 3 boards..

#24 4 years ago

I only say 1 fues between the flippers, is that the one? I assumed it was for the flippers.

#25 4 years ago

Im an idiot. chalkey thanks so much. It was that fuse. Now i can get back to my sound issue. Ive reflowed all the solder on the 32 pin connector. Now the sound starts when i boot but the the mpu just keeps resetting.

#27 4 years ago

Yeah, i thought that was the problem at first but everything is plugged in correctly. Im not the best solder guy but nothing looks off on the 32 pins.

#29 4 years ago

If I unplug the sound card game boots normally and I can play a game. Everything scores fine and works. When I plug it back in and power on it makes the sounds on boot but then locks up the mpu and just resets over and over

#31 4 years ago

I hooked it up the same way I took it off but I’ll check tonight. It was right side of mpu as pin 1 to right side of sound board as pin 1. New cables and made sure the grey pin was far right on both

#32 4 years ago

Ok, getting further. I pulled the board rechecked all the pins, reflowed a few. I put it back in the game. When i powered on the sound worked. Went thru start melody. I pressed start and it played a melody kicked the ball out then sound stopped and it blew the fuse under the playfield.

#33 4 years ago

Actually scratch that. Fuse did not blow it just hung up the mpu.

#34 4 years ago

Just checking... on th epower going to the sound board i have 4 wires. 2 red and 2 black. The red are twisted together and go to only 1 pin and the black are the same way. Is this correct?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#35 4 years ago

Well...im not sure where to go from here. If the machine sits off for awhile and i power on i get sound up until the first melody. Then the board resets and i lose displays and sound. If i unplug the 32 pin on the sound board and boot it goes thru fine and i can play as many games as i want with no sound. I can not find a replacement board anywhere. If anyone has info for one please let me know. I believe im at my technical end with this one.

Thanks for everyone trying to help me

#37 4 years ago

New rectifier, driver and mpu boards. Repinned rectifier and new harness from mpu to sound board.

#38 4 years ago

Its weird, before i reflowed the 32 pin and installed the new harness i had sound sporadically. Sometime 5-6 games then it would go out. If I unplugged and wiggled the harness i would get it back. Now with the new harness and solder reflowed i get a beep at boot then melody then resets and sound and display goes away. Makes me think maybe i messed something up when i reflowed but it all looks ok.

4 weeks later
#41 4 years ago

Ok. Im really at a loss. I sent the sound board out for repair. Got it back and put it back into my machine. Booted up. It makes the melody at boot. Flip the coin mech. It makes the sound. Start a game and the sound still going. Flip like 5 times and sound goes out. Anyone have any more ideas? I just cant understand what else could be wrong.

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spinneraddict.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-dracula-1?tu=spinneraddict and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.