(Topic ID: 68000)

Stern do only make one PF design next?

By jackal2001

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Not only has this peen posted at pinball news but I've heard it from a few people. It seems like Stern's next pin will only have one PF.

From pinball news:
    Continuing with his the current game he is designing for Stern, he said it is coming out right after Star Trek, and the Pro playfield design will be the same as the Premium and LE.

I'm only going to assume this will relieve some pressure on the programmers who have to code for two variants all the time.

#2 10 years ago

Who is "he"

#3 10 years ago

The playfield may be the same, but the lighting and toys and other mechs may not be. I doubt this is saying the playfield and everything on it is the same. Just the wooden playfield itself.

#4 10 years ago

The inserts are all clear on the LE/prem with all rgb LEDs compared to the solid colored inserts on the pro. I would say that is a difference. The design is not different as far as layout.

#5 10 years ago

I think Stern need to make one playfield with all the same toys and just add "bling" for the Premium and LE machines. The only problem with this scenario is how do you distinguish the Premium from the Pro?

#6 10 years ago

John Trudeau is designing the next Stern game to be released around Jan 2014

#7 10 years ago

Game?

#8 10 years ago

I am hoping for The Walking Dead comics

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-do-only-make-one-pf-design-next and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.