4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinaholic
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sunking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 4 years ago

I suspect you're not looking for a distributor in the south Texas area, but for those that may be, Charlie at www.joystixamusements.com has always done right by me.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Charlie is a fun guy and his parties are awesome (he is an amazing host) but his prices just don't compete with the guys who drop ship direct from Stern.

True, he does charge more than JJ / Trent, but some of that is offset with shipping in my case. It's also nice to have that relationship with someone local to me. He's quick to service what he sells. I can also call Charlie and set up a time to stop by over my lunch hour, and spend time playing the newest (or newest to me) titles. Plus, he's good taking trade-backs. I purchased High Speed, kept it for a year or so, traded it back towards a Monopoly which lasted only a month. Traded that for Avatar which lasted a year or so, then traded that towards AC/DC Premium. ....hard to do that with someone who is not local.

Quoted from fish1975tx:

There is 8.25% sales tax if you are in Texas as well.

Not if you pay with cash.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This was why I bought my old TRON LE from him even though I could have obtained one cheaper elsewhere.

I guess this sums it up. I'm content paying a bit more to support a local 'stand up' guy, who provides a great service.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I've talked with him about trades and left the discussion feeling like I had a piece of rotten wood.

Charlie is in business to make $$ as any good business man should. That city block, two story warehouse (bar) with parking in downtown Houston ain't cheap I suspect. Sure, I probably could have saved several 'hundy's' ...hundo's...100's whatever by doing the trades I mentioned above on Pinside. But for me, the convenience of the transaction (and John delivers), dealing with Charlie knowing he'll back it up later. It's worth it to me.

Charlie is passionate about coin-op - a local operator since the 80's. I love talking to him about games. Being a repeat customer, and having access to drop in like I do (I work downtown)...that's something I cherish.

Not to get too nostalgic, but for me, going to Joystix is like stepping back in time. Talking to Charlie brings back a flood of memories. As I've gotten deeper in the hobby (restorations, etc) I've developed more local relationships in the Houston pinball community...and I'm really looking forward to (finally) attending my 1st show in Nov. ...but I digress.

Charlie may not be the cheapest Stern Distro - but I can vouch for his dedication and authenticity.

DISCLAIMER: This [post was made after many Jack&Coke's.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, WI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sunking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside