Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by pinaholic
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spyderturbo007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Can someone recommend a Stern distributor? I'm in the Central PA area if that matters. Right after I move next week, I'll be picking up a new machine. I haven't decided if I want to pay the premium for a used Tron, or go with a NIB Star Trek Pro or Metallica Pro. I've never bought NIB before and was looking for some recommendations on who to shop with for the best price.

#5 8 years ago

Damn, that was fast. Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy locally as opposed to someone on the other side of the US just because of shipping?

Then again, if I buy in Pa, I have to pay that pesky 6% sales tax.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Call all of them. It's a hassle, but buying NIB is almost like buying a used car.

I don't mind spending some time calling. I guess I was just wondering if there was anyone that I shouldn't bother to call, if you get my drift.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

So a typical pro in the 46-4700 range shipped NIB to my zip code.

Do you have someone you typically use? My numbers are a few hundred higher than yours, but I haven't heard back from all the companies I contacted.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Cointaker quoted me 4700 shipped with a red tremor shaker for a KISS pro a few weeks ago. Been waiting to pull the trigger due to the issues I've been reading about. Trent quoted me the exact same price minus shaker and I had to pick it up. I haven't called anyone else.

I've only heard back from Tilt and they were higher, but that included shipping, which makes sense. I haven't heard back from Cointaker, but they are only about an hour from me so i could pick it up. But then I'm back to that damn 6% sales tax.

I'm also waiting to hear back from Game Exchange.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

FYI -your NIB game will ship from Chicago, so you can't pick it up in PA.

Ah, I didn't know that....I was hoping I could pick it up and save a few bucks on shipping.

#42 8 years ago

So far Cointaker is in the lead. I haven't heard back from Game Exchange. I spoke with Melissa yesterday and she was very pleasant and extremely helpful.

#54 8 years ago

Some of the vendors didn't get back to me in the last few days, so I've decided to go with Cointaker. I've spoke to Melissa on the phone a few times over the last couple days and she has been very helpful. They are also local, so I'll save on shipping by going there to pick it up. They had the best price and for the most part, everything I've read about them have been positive.

I'm getting a Metallica Pro that includes a shaker motor. I'll be picking it up in about 2 weeks once we close on the new house and finish the move. Apparently Star Trek is going back on Stern's line in September, so they will be available for awhile. Metallica is coming off the production line and Melissa didn't know if it was going to go back up again or now. That was most of the reason I went with Metallica.

Thanks to everyone for all their help and support!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 149.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spyderturbo007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-distributors?tu=spyderturbo007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.