Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by pinaholic
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nicoga3000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 8 years ago

Call all of them. It's a hassle, but buying NIB is almost like buying a used car. The closest distro is not always the cheapest. You can mention you're on pinside, but I've actually found that my price is the same when I mention pinside versus not mentioning it.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I don't mind spending some time calling. I guess I was just wondering if there was anyone that I shouldn't bother to call, if you get my drift.

Nope - most will give you fair numbers, but there's a few that are almost always $50-100 more than the rest. Also call Mike at Flipper Fidelity.

Quoted from Whysnow:

JJ at GEX and Trent at Tilt are the ONLY 2 worth calling IME.
You are wasting your time with the others. These guys have the best service, best prices, and are the most accomodating I have found!

To play the game here, those two are the highest I've found in my searching. So it's all relative.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

very interesting!

Yeah, I don't quite understand the way pinball prices work. I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong, but the process is really quite taxing at times. I know it's only $100-200 on a large purchase, but it sort of shows you that each distro has their own small agenda at play. It is what it is, though. I think all of the guys I've called and spoken to have been class acts, but the prices are all different.

The only real joke I've found (no offense) is the distros who say they offer a "Pinside discount" when I've NEVER been given two different numbers. And I've tested this theory, ha.

Just call the whole list and see what comes of it. Building a reputation will help, but I can say that it didn't necessarily help me get a better price on a second NIB I had quoted.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

So far Cointaker is in the lead. I haven't heard back from Game Exchange. I spoke with Melissa yesterday and she was very pleasant and extremely helpful.

I'll have to call her and see if I can finally get a price. I have literally called her 4 times and got a "I'll call you right back with your prices" and then radio silence.

#48 8 years ago

I stand corrected - I called and spoke to Melissa at Cointaker. Best price delivered thus far, also includes a shaker. Call her up.

It does help that I get things shipped to a terminal, but still.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 149.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nicoga3000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-distributors?tu=nicoga3000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.