4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinaholic
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

Got my MET Pro from JJ at GEX, glad that I did.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This was why I bought my old TRON LE from him even though I could have obtained one cheaper elsewhere.

I guess this sums it up. I'm content paying a bit more to support a local 'stand up' guy, who provides a great service.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I've talked with him about trades and left the discussion feeling like I had a piece of rotten wood.

Charlie is in business to make $$ as any good business man should. That city block, two story warehouse (bar) with parking in downtown Houston ain't cheap I suspect. Sure, I probably could have saved several 'hundy's' ...hundo's...100's whatever by doing the trades I mentioned above on Pinside. But for me, the convenience of the transaction (and John delivers), dealing with Charlie knowing he'll back it up later. It's worth it to me.

Charlie is passionate about coin-op - a local operator since the 80's. I love talking to him about games. Being a repeat customer, and having access to drop in like I do (I work downtown)...that's something I cherish.

Not to get too nostalgic, but for me, going to Joystix is like stepping back in time. Talking to Charlie brings back a flood of memories. As I've gotten deeper in the hobby (restorations, etc) I've developed more local relationships in the Houston pinball community...and I'm really looking forward to (finally) attending my 1st show in Nov. ...but I digress.

Charlie may not be the cheapest Stern Distro - but I can vouch for his dedication and authenticity.

DISCLAIMER: This [post was made after many Jack&Coke's.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

JJ at GEX and Trent at Tilt are the ONLY 2 worth calling IME.
You are wasting your time with the others. These guys have the best service, best prices, and are the most accommodating

I bought my AC/DC and Mustang LE from Trent....

#54 4 years ago

Some of the vendors didn't get back to me in the last few days, so I've decided to go with Cointaker. I've spoke to Melissa on the phone a few times over the last couple days and she has been very helpful. They are also local, so I'll save on shipping by going there to pick it up. They had the best price and for the most part, everything I've read about them have been positive.

I'm getting a Metallica Pro that includes a shaker motor. I'll be picking it up in about 2 weeks once we close on the new house and finish the move. Apparently Star Trek is going back on Stern's line in September, so they will be available for awhile. Metallica is coming off the production line and Melissa didn't know if it was going to go back up again or now. That was most of the reason I went with Metallica.

Thanks to everyone for all their help and support!

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Some of the vendors didn't get back to me in the last few days, so I've decided to go with Cointaker. I've spoke to Melissa on the phone a few times over the last couple days and she has been very helpful. They are also local, so I'll save on shipping by going there to pick it up. They had the best price and for the most part, everything I've read about them have been positive.
I'm getting a Metallica Pro that includes a shaker motor. I'll be picking it up in about 2 weeks once we close on the new house and finish the move. Apparently Star Trek is going back on Stern's line in September, so they will be available for awhile. Metallica is coming off the production line and Melissa didn't know if it was going to go back up again or now. That was most of the reason I went with Metallica.
Thanks to everyone for all their help and support!

I called 4 different dealers (all mentioned here) and my experience was Cointaker had the best pricing by about $100-$200.

#56 4 years ago

Just bought a TWD Premium from Cointaker. Great service and Melissa was a pleasure to deal with.

#57 4 years ago

Trent is great, Mike at FF. I actually like all of them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Machine - For Sale
Cibolo, TX
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St Jacob, IL
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside