(Topic ID: 351708)

Stern display ghosting on one digit

By DaveTheTrain

18 days ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240212_020046_Photos (resized).jpg

#1 18 days ago

Hey all.

Got a Nine Ball with a mix of Bally and stern displays. It's been fine until yesterday. Player 1 display started ghosting the previous digits.

I reflowed the header pins and now only one digit is ghosting. The 100k digit is showing the same segments as the 10k next to it, albeit it feintly.

The far left digit should show a 1, not a 4.
    Screenshot_20240212_020046_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240212_020046_Photos (resized).jpg
    I've moved the display around and the problem stays with that display

Help appreciated

#2 18 days ago

Read through my thread I did a while ago, should have all the info to help you out.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paragon-5th-digit-out-on-4th-player-display#post-7354985

#3 18 days ago

I've ordered some resistors, if not for this display I have 4 others not working all different issues.

I thought the resistor failing would mean no digit at all, the 100k digit works, but also shows the 10k digit segments faintly.
    Could it still be the resistor?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-display-ghosting-on-one-digit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.