Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by Gumby510
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190527_121033 (resized).jpg
20190527_134839 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190520_173124 (resized).jpg
E7827524-BBE1-4BDC-935C-5693576E2767 (resized).png
871DBB39-6F4E-4B4F-BABD-5985E339ECFA (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
GBbroke1 (resized).jpg
GBbroke3 (resized).jpg
GBbroke2 (resized).jpg
4DB6F458-2DB8-4D77-887D-3B96B4AE2B7F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 3 months ago

In all fairness it is not uncommon to have broken welds on any game. I know it's different comparing a new game with a 20-30 year old pin but just saying. Stuff breaks.

#41 3 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Pinstadium lights (which I have on IMDN Premium, Beatles, SWLE, & TRON LE). LED strips use very little power...no?
It's also a Pro, which should have some extra headroom (since it excludes all the mechs on the lower PF).

That's the debate. Leds do draw low voltage but there is more to it than that from what I read. Game was not designed with powered mods in mind so could be pushing something over the line or maybe the leds spike power at times like on startup. If it was me, I would power any mods with external power source just to be safe. Knowing Stern, doubt they are overbuilding these pins. I'm hardly the expert but do recall blowing out a gi string on my Getaway long ago when I added one small power strip. I still had incandescent bulbs in the string and it was already at the limit from the factory.

#46 3 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

It's not a debate. Stern supplies a plug in the back box. If the plug is being used for something as modest as an LED strip and doesn't work (as you suggest), then the plug should be omitted from the back box.
I sincerely doubt the Pinstadium's have anything to do with this. Before the board took a turn for the worse, I unplugged the strip and the behavior was identical.

Yeah, not debating that. Obviously there is more to it but just an idea I heard.

#71 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I group these gripes into two areas, legit and trying-too-hard.

Then there are those that just want to complain because something is different. The Stern lock down bar system is perfect and works flawless. Metal backbox works fine and has advantage of display angled up a bit to prevent glare. It makes zero difference to the functionality of the pin. Funny how a common complaint of pins is how heavy they are but with Stern the complaint is that they are not heavy enough. Maybe Stern should throw in 100 lbs of dead weight in the cab then everyone will talk about how they are built like a tank.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 169.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 279.95
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 29.95
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
York, PA
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Myrtle Beach, SC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Concord, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside