IMG_20190520_173124 (resized).jpg
E7827524-BBE1-4BDC-935C-5693576E2767 (resized).png
871DBB39-6F4E-4B4F-BABD-5985E339ECFA (resized).jpeg
IMG_1324 (resized).jpeg
GBbroke1 (resized).jpg
GBbroke3 (resized).jpg
GBbroke2 (resized).jpg
4DB6F458-2DB8-4D77-887D-3B96B4AE2B7F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gumby510.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 4 years ago

Just got a Deadpool pro this week. Lasted 2 hours before a node board crapped out. Was told it was going out Thursday. Nope called for tracking and bitched to them to ship it 2 day. They did and the rep said it will go out today. I’m so pissed I get to stare at this piece of plywood with art on it over the weekend. Never again will I buy Nib. Told the rep it lasted 2 hours and his response was “ya it happens” not even a sorry. At least Chas was cool about it and said sorry when I called him but the customer service rep could give two shits.

E7827524-BBE1-4BDC-935C-5693576E2767 (resized).pngE7827524-BBE1-4BDC-935C-5693576E2767 (resized).png
#78 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Did you call your dealer for assistance first or Stern direct?

Called the dealer first he set everything in motion. I was just following up to make sure everything I was told was happening. If I didn’t get involved I’d be down even longer. I just wanted a tracking number from them is why I called. The rep said it would go out Thursday and to call back for tracking today. I did and it still wasn’t done which is why I sent a email back stating my displeasure and wanted an upgrade in shipping. He told me it would go out today but it didn’t. Just venting is all, I can understand after a week it going down but 2 hours? I just hope it’s a fluke and nothing else caused that node 9 to crap out.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Agreed, that is frustrating. Hopefully, it’s smooth sailing moving forward.

Thanks as it’s my first nib purchase and I had to sell a couple arcade games to even think about affording this. I dumped my multi rotary ikari warriors and a shaq attaq lol. Hope I did ok. Was just playing my mb mushroom world pin and my 3 year old told my wife o daddy is playing Mario but not Deadpool, lol fucking kids

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from guymontag451:

Sorry to hear that, but having an arcade I can say that the game quality that I have had with Stern has been exceptional. I think that basically crazylevi is spot on. ALL GAMES, BY ALL MANUFACTURERS, IN ALL ERAS have problems. Stern is no worse, and honestly from an operator's perspective, much more reliable than their current competitors. Learn to work on your games, it's part of pinball. It's a good with the bad kinda thing. Most fixes are exceedingly simple to get or keep a game up and running. Just takes a little time and patience and a will to learn. Stern gets WAY too much crap on their build quality in my opinion. We successfully operate dozens of Sterns from all their eras, and have no real complaints about them being "low quality" or "crap".

I will agree after working on some 90 dmd games I lifted that playfield and was blown away about how simplified it was. I’m just mad it died after 2 hours and I want to play it now haha.

1 month later
#94 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeyItaliano:

Hello there,
If you ever want to sell your Mario Bros. Pin I would be interested.
Respectfully ~Joey

Hey Joey thanks for the offer, I have no idea why I keep getting offers on this pin north of 3k. If you where closer maybe a trade. So i have been up and running no issues except I noticed metal shavings in the bottom of the cabinet shortly after I got the node board fixed. Got tipped off to check the coil stop and sure nuff it’s almost falling off. Easy replacement thank god.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gumby510.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-design-quality?tu=Gumby510 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.