1972_Bally_Deluxe_Progressive_(resized).jpg
20160528_164734-1_(resized).jpg
Backglass_(resized).jpg
cvbackglass_(resized).png
slotroom1_(resized).jpg
BB2-panoramica_(resized).jpg
235033_(resized).jpg
235031_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#436 7 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Remember what Stern just did to "fix" the GOT orbit issue. They're more a "sweep it under the rug" type company.

It really was pretty pathetic. Stern promised us that they were working on a fix for the orbit issue.

Their fix? To make it permanently broke.

#437 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Not from the delay standpoint however from the GB announcement standpoint there have been many GOT Prem's and LE's listed recently with hardly any plays at great prices, that can still be a plus in your favor.

Hint: it's because the game blows.

#460 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The whole GOT situation is really shitty. I am a huge GOT fan and I was all over this machine-in for the premium until Stern's quality control department dropped the ball. The problems it has had and the way Stern has dealt with it by trying to sweep it under the rug are un excusable. I hate to say it but the LE/Premiums are heading towards Transformers territory unless all the fixes are performed properly. One thing I have determined throughout this process is that I do not like upper playfields (yes I said it). I have decided that upper playfields are not my cup of tea. I do like upper playfields that are one shot like Elvis and WH20 but I dislike the mini-playfields with flippers and targets. Game of Thrones LE/Premiums are going to be trending downwards-dump em while you can.

I blame myself for buying a GOT Premium and really disliking it more than I blame Stern for screwing up various aspects of it, such as the orbit. You say that you discovered that mini pf's just aren't your cup of tea based on your purchase of GOT premium. Well, I already knew that I didn't like mini PF's. Yet, I bought GOT premium anyway, even after saying that I thought the pro would probably be the way to go. Pure genius on my part!

At this point I don't even remember all the reasons I decided to go with the premium, other than being "a premium guy." Better lighting, etc. I guess.

I was about a week in to my ownership that I knew the pin wasn't going to be for me. Kept it about a month before trying to sell it, and had to keep lowering the price before getting it sold. I *did* play it quite a bit for several weeks, but once I got to Iron Throne a few times and put up scores over 10 billion (12 billion GC score), and confirming how much I dislike mini pf's, I was definitely done.

#461 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

GOT is still the most played pin in my house...even after nearly 6 months. Jeez...I was so happy RobT was back, too - then the guy disses one of my favorite machines.

Sorry boob! In all honesty, I would put it in my Top 3 least favorite pins ever owned. Does that mean that you or anyone else should enjoy it less than you do? Of course not! It doesn't mean I'm right or you are wrong. Just means that the pin was not for me.

Besides, it goes both ways. You don't care for Hobbit at all. When I played one, I couldn't get my money down on one fast enough!

#494 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

One thing's for sure: people who like upper playfields will tend to buy the games that have them, and people who don't won't. How many are in each camp? Nobody knows.

I don't like upper mini playfields, and I still bought GOT premium.

#507 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think you forgot to remove it from your Collection after you sold it.

That's because I'm doing my best to forget that the pin even exists.

Removing now. Just for you.

#511 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm glad you waited until it was gone to give us your honest opinion.
How's that Ripley's?

That one has also been removed from my collection history as it is enjoying it's new home up in the high desert by someone who is enjoying it as much as I did (for an admittedly brief period of time). Had to free up some funds to buy my daughter her first car.

4 weeks later
#975 7 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Other companies have much longer waits.

I ordered my Hobbit at about the same time that a friend ordered a GB Premium. Guess who got their pin first?

#982 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

And How many Hobbit Preorders (ones that were ordered way before yours) are people still waiting on??? lol

I don't care about those people.

3 months later
#1085 7 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

Where do you get this information? How can I sign up to get on that email list?

No. You need to be a Stern distributor.

#1087 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Still waiting for my GBLE here

Really? I'd be all over your distributor's ass on that one. Something doesn't add up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-delays?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.