1972_Bally_Deluxe_Progressive_(resized).jpg
20160528_164734-1_(resized).jpg
Backglass_(resized).jpg
cvbackglass_(resized).png
slotroom1_(resized).jpg
BB2-panoramica_(resized).jpg
235033_(resized).jpg
235031_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pureto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#323 7 years ago

I ordered an ST Pro second week of May... hoping it would be 2 or 3 weeks delivery. After reading this thread, I'm thinking it's going to be 2 or 3 months.

Going to have to get something to play with while I wait. Mousin Around?

#328 7 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

but think about how awesome it will be when that ST arrives all boxed up

Yes, should be great. It will be my first pin... Just hate to wait that long.

#331 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I order my first pin back in 2014 - still waiting.

I ordered a redhead about the same time....

#344 7 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

but think about how awesome it will be when that ST arrives all boxed up

Hope the assembly quality isn't affected due to delays Stern is having at the plant.

They outsource everything I believe... Except the wiring harnesses are made in house. So not worried about the cabinet or play field. But I am worried about a brand new guy doing the assembly... In a rush.

#362 7 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

What games are still in active production? It sounds like Stern needs to start retiring games as new games are announced!

No... they need to get the factory up to full capacity. Sales are exceeding production, the name of the game makes no difference.

#381 7 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

They just did another live stream from the factory. Looks like lots of GB LE's are on the line today.

Where are they doing these live feeds?

#387 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Missed the point. Point was, it's hard to keep quality tight when there's a lot of turnover and also many workers aren't fluent in English. Trust me, I'm used to it.

Your English seems pretty good to me

#416 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

By the looks of the video posted to facebook 6 hours ago, It looks like we will be seeing LE's any day now.

Hope that's my ST Pro they are working on

#456 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

So this has become the thread where everyone takes a dump on GOT Prem/LE? Sometimes you really make me sad, Pinside.

Doesn't matter what hobby... Which forum... It's the same on all of them. Ppl are easily distracted, this is why Facebook is so popular.

#499 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I don't know why people complain about threads going sideways. The last two pages about Stern Delays have been hysterical.
(I know, I know. Not all threads go sideways with ice cream)

Yes... The people waiting on orders from Stern are impressed.

#618 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I agree with all of what vid said:
Pinsiders are such a squawking bunch of hens; they are the proverbial "You can't handle the truth".
Let's say something crazy happened like CCC stopped making playfields and cabinets for Stern, after 100 years in the business.
Let's also say that Stern came out and announced this in a press release.
Pinside would explode with nonsense:
"I knew it. QC was crashing. There was a Metallica at the local bar with a decal peeling."
"CCC playfields were crap. My ST has hundreds of dimples. I have a NGG that does not have single dimple - I checked"
"I fully understand them ditching CCC. Claay told me never to wax my playfield, and my IM now actually has wear in the shooter lane! Total shit!"
"When they start getting new playfields, I expect a replacement for my old one with a chip in the insert. $4700 and the insert chips after 3 years??????"
-
Now let's say that Stern announces that another amusement company, let's say Fun Industries, is going to be their new supplier of playfields and cabs.
Pinside would again go crazy with nonsense:
"What the Fnck???? I've never heard of Fun Industries?"
"The prices better reflect a discount for using another company."
"I saw a Fun Corn-Hole game, and it was broken. Stern better get ready for a lot of returns"
"Fun does not have any pinball experience! How the hell are they going to be able to route holes in a piece of plywood and silkscreen it???? Pinballs are high tech!!!!!"
-
Now let's say that Fun Industries makes the EXACT same quality playfields that CCC did.
Pinside would explode with every little problem:
"I've got one raised insert! Fun is shit! Neither my Tron nor my LOTR ever had a raised insert!!!!!"
"Another classic move by Stern to cut costs!!!"
"My new playfield is not as shiny as my 90's games. Another QC nightmare for Stern"
"Look, there is chipping in my outhole!!!! This is the last Stern I'm ever buying.....whaaaaa!!!"
"I've got dimples in my new playfield!!!!! Neither Stern nor Fun will do anything about it!!!!!"
"I'll tell you right now, I'm not having fun with my new Fun playfield....."
-
Stern would be better off just quietly taking care of any problems, and keep the public and especially Pinside out of it.....

Every forum on the internet is the same... You'll have to suck it up or quit.
And if you don't like reading about delays from the factory... Read another thread. Please.

#621 7 years ago

GB looks like a great game... But I'm hoping they are building ST with loonie and toonie coin mechs

#651 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Stern is live from the factory now and it looks like quite a few games are coming off the line.

I see lots of ST Pro! Hope one is mine!

#655 7 years ago

Yes.. Looks like a ton of playfields ready to go.

#657 7 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

where's the video?

On the Stern FB page.

#661 7 years ago

Was that Novus 2 he was buffing the playfield with? Just caught a glimpse... But it looked like it.

#663 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yep, good stuff.

Was reading your post on cleaning and waxing play fields... Good read. Can get a bit lost with different materials and coatings... Really need to know what u have, then use the right product for the application.
Novus 2 was recommended by the salesman at The Playdium as well. I was just a bit worried about abrasiveness on a new HUO machine. And Blitz wax I can't find here in Canada.

#667 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Everything in moderation.
Your dentist polishes your teeth with thick abrasives and an air polishing tool.
Should you do this every night? Hell no! You'll wear all the enamel off your teeth.
Novus2 is great at removing ball trails and fine scratches.
Should you use it all the time? No.
Should you use it a few times a year to polish out the ball trails? Yes!
If you can't get Blitz shipped to Canada, try Chemical Guys 3X wax.

I'll have to go back and read what is recommended for the modern Stern for regular cleaning and removing wax.

#697 7 years ago
Quoted from mojomania:

I talked with my local dealer and he told me one of the problems is that their new location is by the airport and they lost half of their work force. Apparently it caused severe travel problems for many of their staff so they just took off....so they are going through a vigorous training phase with new people. I cannot confirm this, but that is what I heard yesterday.

I'm hearing the same story... but unfortunately no ETA on delivery.

Stern is apparently the only manufacturer that has no idea when it will deliver product to it's distributors. Which if true, they must just pull game names and quantities out of a hat each morning to choose what to make for the day.

#817 7 years ago

Email from the distributor today... My ST Pro should be in by the end of the week.
/fingers crossed

#903 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I paid in full, with a large distributor, from the beginning. I've had my machine for over a month and people who just put down deposit, well before I did, are still waiting.

Sounds a lil shady... They should be going in order from who ordered first. A deposit should secure that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pureto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-delays?tu=pureto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.