1972_Bally_Deluxe_Progressive_(resized).jpg
20160528_164734-1_(resized).jpg
Backglass_(resized).jpg
cvbackglass_(resized).png
slotroom1_(resized).jpg
BB2-panoramica_(resized).jpg
235033_(resized).jpg
235031_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beyndtstng.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

"Greatly exaggerated"
"In lieu of flowers"
The man does have a great sense of humor.

It's Mark Twain's original humor

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hmmm....I couldn't tell. It's not like it's WRITTEN ON THE FUCKING SIGN or anything.
Try reading through a thread before posting Newbnuts.
Winky fuckin face.

How does Syco avoid the wrath but not me? At least be an equal opportunity dick

I didn't even see the Twain citation in the corner haha

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think tiger nailed it here.
I'd even be so bold to add that with the larger factory and giving consumers SO MANY choices of NIB pins to choose from, that they did not anticipate a big boom in demand like they're getting. And until stern suppliers can keep up with this demand, we're going to see an increase of prices on the secondary market - heck, we already have, at least here on the west coast.

My "newbnuts" opinion would be the opposite. With people having money tied up in these NIB's on order, the secondary market may suffer. There are a couple of Tron LE's still available at prices that would have been snatched up in less than two hours. Perhaps the market is saturated, who knows... Newbnuts out!

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I don't think people are going to wait three months for games to be at distributors when they are used to not waiting. I have money, space and spouse approval to buy a NIB Metallica right now, but I'm not paying a deposit fee without a solid idea when a distro may have the game available.
In the meantime, perhaps another used game will come up and suck up my cash, space, and spousal approval between now and whenever Met is run again and in stock.
It's not the end of the world by any means but I know one person who paid a 2k deposit for a SMVE and canceled the order this morning. He is now looking for an XMLE on the used market. I'm sure similar things are happening. The day of pay and wait seems to be in the pass for now.

I should have qualified my NIB reference to mainly GB due to the hype. I don't see a lot of people canceling those orders to buy something on the used market. A SMVE or a Kiss (new code is much better) would be more understandable due to varying opinions on the product and price point. Out of all of the GB posts I read, I would say at least 8 out of 10 are favorable. It's a fun game but when I learned I could get a ST premium in two weeks, I jumped on that versus waiting who knows how long for a GB premium. My friend bought a SMVE for the same reason. Credit to those people who are finally getting MMR, TBL and TH ... I don't have the patience to wait so long for a machine.

I envy your spousal approval. Teach me the ways haha

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Well,O-din,John T said he wanted now to do a serious Beatles pin,AND has already approached Sir Paul,and Ringo about doing it,they liked the idea:)I would buy it in a heartbeat!!

Same here and I was born in the 80's. For me, only Nirvana would be better but I'll have to wait another 20 years to see that.

#122 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I think Stern needs to hire a person with a degree in marketing, who can develop a proper marketing strategy and customer relations plan for them. Whoever manages their FB page now, does not seem qualified, and would not be working for my company, plain and simple. Here's a copy and paste of a blog post regarding effective communication and how to improve customer service.. this is pretty much what I was going to type, and what most companies adhere to and why they are successful:
If your communication methods have been sloppy and ineffective, it is time that you improve them. Why? Because effective communication with your customers is vital for the success of your business. For your company to thrive, you must always keep your customers in the loop. If you fail to do so, your customers will eventually stop doing business with you.
We will first talk about the importance of communication in providing customer service and then we will discuss some ways in which you can improve it.
Communication Is The Difference Between Poor, Mediocre And Great Customer Service
What makes a customer service experience a bad one? When you do not do anything to resolve the problem of your clients. What is the best way to solve their issue? Understating their needs is the first cue, and meeting them comes after. Until you patiently listen to your customers and ask them what they want, you will never be able to meet their expectations.
And all this starts with improved communications. Strengthen your communication channels with your clients and it will be so much easier for you to understand their needs.
Communication Leads To Higher Satisfaction Levels
Communication can help you increase customer satisfaction levels and improve customer experiences. When you communicate properly with your clients and listen to them, you understand their needs better and can ensure they are satisfied.
Communication Paves The Way For Strong Relationships
Maintaining a strong relationship is a great way to increase sales. How would you do this? You can provide customers with quality products, but more importantly, be friendly with them. Reach out to them through email, social media or any other channel you want. Start fulfilling their requirements and be available whenever they have a problem. Explain the solution to them in simple terms and help them fix whatever issue they are facing. Soon enough, you will be establishing relationships with them. Keep communicating with them, nurturing and strengthening the relationship in the process.
Communication Helps Retain Customers
Retaining customers is one of the best strategies to increase your sales. Customers you have dealt with in the past are easier to attract than new potential clients. But once again, communication is the tool which you will have to use. You can entice customers to do more business with you when you reach out to them effectively and meet their expectations, every single time.
Communication Can Be Improved In So Many Ways
So now you know that communication is an important element of your business, but how do you improve it? Act on the tips that we share below.
Hire employees who are effective oral and written communicators.
Get feedback from your customers on a regular basis through polls and surveys.
Be available to your customers and tend to their problems and questions as soon as possible.

Nice dissertation sir. Stern is the gorilla and they know it. Maybe in 5-10 years one of these other companies will get closer to their market share. For now, we will suck it up and deal with it. Even with a defective orbit, I love my GOT LE. Their themes since WWE are rock solid. I don't think any pinball company is keeping up with demand right now. I wasn't into this hobby in the 80's or 90's so I'm not sure if the same thing occurred with Williams or Gottlieb.

A question to some of the more experienced people in this post:

I can't recall ever seeing a TAF, AFM or TZ that is sold as HUO. Is the idea of selling to individuals instead of arcades new to this millennium or did it occur in the 90's as well?

#123 7 years ago

I hope for my bank account and marriage that this rumor is false

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beyndtstng.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-delays?tu=beyndtstng and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.