1972_Bally_Deluxe_Progressive_(resized).jpg
20160528_164734-1_(resized).jpg
Backglass_(resized).jpg
cvbackglass_(resized).png
slotroom1_(resized).jpg
BB2-panoramica_(resized).jpg
235033_(resized).jpg
235031_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TOK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#484 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I blame myself for buying a GOT Premium and really disliking it more than I blame Stern for screwing up various aspects of it, such as the orbit. You say that you discovered that mini pf's just aren't your cup of tea based on your purchase of GOT premium. Well, I already knew that I didn't like mini PF's. Yet, I bought GOT premium anyway, even after saying that I thought the pro would probably be the way to go. Pure genius on my part!
At this point I don't even remember all the reasons I decided to go with the premium, other than being "a premium guy." Better lighting, etc. I guess.
I was about a week in to my ownership that I knew the pin wasn't going to be for me. Kept it about a month before trying to sell it, and had to keep lowering the price before getting it sold. I *did* play it quite a bit for several weeks, but once I got to Iron Throne a few times and put up scores over 10 billion (12 billion GC score), and confirming how much I dislike mini pf's, I was definitely done.

Maybe because everyone that wasn't quacking about the art was quacking that the LE was "Steves real game" and the Pro looked stripped down.

#627 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I agree with all of what vid said:
Pinsiders are such a squawking bunch of hens; they are the proverbial "You can't handle the truth".
Let's say something crazy happened like CCC stopped making playfields and cabinets for Stern, after 100 years in the business.
Let's also say that Stern came out and announced this in a press release.
Pinside would explode with nonsense:
"I knew it. QC was crashing. There was a Metallica at the local bar with a decal peeling."
"CCC playfields were crap. My ST has hundreds of dimples. I have a NGG that does not have single dimple - I checked"
"I fully understand them ditching CCC. Claay told me never to wax my playfield, and my IM now actually has wear in the shooter lane! Total shit!"
"When they start getting new playfields, I expect a replacement for my old one with a chip in the insert. $4700 and the insert chips after 3 years??????"
-
Now let's say that Stern announces that another amusement company, let's say Fun Industries, is going to be their new supplier of playfields and cabs.
Pinside would again go crazy with nonsense:
"What the Fnck???? I've never heard of Fun Industries?"
"The prices better reflect a discount for using another company."
"I saw a Fun Corn-Hole game, and it was broken. Stern better get ready for a lot of returns"
"Fun does not have any pinball experience! How the hell are they going to be able to route holes in a piece of plywood and silkscreen it???? Pinballs are high tech!!!!!"
-
Now let's say that Fun Industries makes the EXACT same quality playfields that CCC did.
Pinside would explode with every little problem:
"I've got one raised insert! Fun is shit! Neither my Tron nor my LOTR ever had a raised insert!!!!!"
"Another classic move by Stern to cut costs!!!"
"My new playfield is not as shiny as my 90's games. Another QC nightmare for Stern"
"Look, there is chipping in my outhole!!!! This is the last Stern I'm ever buying.....whaaaaa!!!"
"I've got dimples in my new playfield!!!!! Neither Stern nor Fun will do anything about it!!!!!"
"I'll tell you right now, I'm not having fun with my new Fun playfield....."
-
Stern would be better off just quietly taking care of any problems, and keep the public and especially Pinside out of it.....

What you're describing is passion. Not everyone is great at making a point, but believe it or not, passion is always a good thing.
Not caring is what you're hoping for, and when nobody cares the Stern factory will be used for making plastic storage containers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 12.95
$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,600 (OBO)
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.95
$ 26.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TOK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-delays?tu=TOK and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.