1972_Bally_Deluxe_Progressive_(resized).jpg
20160528_164734-1_(resized).jpg
Backglass_(resized).jpg
cvbackglass_(resized).png
slotroom1_(resized).jpg
BB2-panoramica_(resized).jpg
235033_(resized).jpg
235031_(resized).jpg
There are 1,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 22.
#1 7 years ago

Alot of guys have heard about delays at Stern right now. The new factory was supposed to be able to build at a much higher volume, but there must be a huge supply chain problem. GB is the only pin shipping and my distributor said his GB's are slowly coming in at max 4 per week, which is hurting his bottom line because of shipping costs. He also has WD and GOT on backorder. I tried to order a Kiss pro many weeks ago and my distributor called to try and figure out the timeline.....they had no plans or idea when kiss would be run again, its all GB right now. I've also heard that GB pro is being delayed until July from some folks here. I love Stern and don't want this to be a bash thread. Does anyone know what is causing the delays? Seems like these delays started about 6 months ago...... Playfields? Cabinets? Hardware?......

#2 7 years ago

Its Frustrating for us all. We keep getting to tell people games a delayed, and but we do have stock of quite a few games.

JJ

#3 7 years ago

yep we are owed quite a few machines. And we get calls everyday. Luckily we do have a lot in stock right now.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

I love Stern and don't want this to be a bash thread, that being said, they've lost at least one sale from me.

A delay from Stern means a couple months, not years like any other manufacturer. What exactly are you going to get that would arrive sooner, other than a used machine?
Sterns production blows everyone else out of the water!
And with all these orders, I'm sure they'll manage to survive without yours.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

A delay from Stern means a couple months, not years like any other manufacturer. What exactly are you going to get that would arrive sooner, other than a used machine?

I do not think that is what he was getting at. He seems to be merely curious.

#6 7 years ago

The important question...is Ghostbusters LE delayed?

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The important question...is Ghostbusters LE delayed?

From rumors, it seems to have been moved up in line, due to the delays on the Pro.

#8 7 years ago

This thread contains a lot of detailed knowledge of Stern's purported production schedule. Some posts give off the air that Stern has a skunkworks office with a quantum physicist holed up in a centralized command. He is obviously making decisions based on marketing predictions and around parts shortages, and is doing fine work.

(camera zooms into secret lair at Stern where critical decisions are being made daily) Room is empty save for three desks, each with a typewriter, phone, stack of fresh bananas and a chair filled by a chimpanzee. That's right folks, Stern is no longer a small company. It has three chimps doing the day to day.

You want your games faster? Simple - hire more chimps. Note - do not let bananas run out, you don't want another Chiquita incident.

#9 7 years ago

Do you think Stern will run all 500 LE's at once or just trickle some out for Beta testing (like they did on the Pros) and switch back to running Pro's again while they gather up LE data.

#10 7 years ago

They will just want games on the line, producing max they can.

Right now, production delays equal big hit to the bottom line.

Kind of a familiar story in pinball.....

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Yeah, no need to get pissy..... I agree with you. They will survive without my order this time and I will probably buy nib again. This time I took my money and still bought Stern, just a used one instead of new. Just curious as to the cause of the delay from a production standpoint......a manufacturing company operating at less than capacity is something that they are working on more than anything else I would guess.

#13 7 years ago

Hey, well at least the guy working in a cubicle in the main office is still employed and posting on Facebook, deleting any question that asks about production or anything related to actual product delivery or issues.

#14 7 years ago

I ordered my GB Pro on 3.8.16 and it was ready 2 months later.
GOT Pro ordered 12.8.15 and was ready 7 weeks later.

#15 7 years ago

I ordered my GOT Pro on 2/18/15.

Still don't have it!

Later,
EV

#16 7 years ago

Maybe a positive takeaway from this is more time to focus on tweaking old code and make people happy that way as a band-aid for the delays on the assembly line.

#17 7 years ago

Honestly, I think that cat is out of the bag at this point. Stern might as well be up-front and honest about the production issues/schedule rather than try to hide it and make customers upset about it in the process. Customers are usually quite understanding if things are explained, some reasons are given, and what is being done to resolve said issues. They only get upset when their concerns are met with silence because they feel like they are being ignored and that they don't matter.

Saying something like this would probably quell a lot of complaints: "Sorry folks, we are having issues with X right now, but don't worry--we are working on doing Y to help resolve the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience. In the meantime, Z will be available in limited quantities, so please bear with us and thank you for choosing Stern Pinball".

And maybe throw in a promo sticker or something to a customer if there is outstanding order.

Anyway, that's just my personal take on it.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Honestly, I think that cat is out of the bag at this point. Stern might as well be up-front and honest about the production issues/schedule rather than try to hide it and make customers upset about it in the process. Customers are usually quite understanding if things are explained, some reasons are given, and what is being done to resolve said issues. They only get upset when their concerns are met with silence because they feel like they are being ignored and that they don't matter.
Saying something like this would probably quell a lot of complaints: "Sorry folks, we are having issues with X right now, but don't worry--we are working on doing Y to help resolve the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience. In the meantime, Z will be available in limited quantities, so please bear with us and thank you for choosing Stern Pinball".
And maybe throw in a promo sticker or something to a customer if there is outstanding order.

Agreed

#19 7 years ago

Stern hasn't posted very many photos from the floor of the factory in the last month or two.
After the move, once the floor was running, they posted several photos a month, sometimes dozens per week.

#20 7 years ago

I wonder if it's the Chicago pinball mafia again?

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Remember what Stern just did to "fix" the GOT orbit issue. They're more a "sweep it under the rug" type company.

#22 7 years ago

These delays reek of Supply Chain issues. I also wonder if it slows things down with the "line swapping" between the various Stern titles and third-party machines like MMR.

#23 7 years ago

Great games but one thinks they might be over doing there selves. Too many titles at one time and suppliers cant keep up.

#24 7 years ago

Well, the delays aren't from Gary's untimely death.....

stern_(resized).JPGstern_(resized).JPG

#25 7 years ago

Well maybe with all the delays they can actually improve the QC out the door. Would be nice for all of us to have a 100% working pinball when we first get it. This is an issue with JJP too, so not just bashing Stern.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Well, the delays aren't from Gary's untimely death.....

Who said he was dead? First I've heard of it.

#27 7 years ago

Omg guise, I do not know how to say this but I just read that Gary Stern is alive. I saw a photo as proof...

#28 7 years ago

I just wish that they would explain things. I know that Gary doesn't want to look weak or troubled since there are other options out there, but not saying anything just causes speculation and frustration.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Some jackass pretending to be Gary's daughter started a hoax thread here this morning. It was deleted relatively quickly.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Me too.

#31 7 years ago

I noticed after GB was announced they slowed down their 30 year profiles on games. Wasn't there supposed to be one every day?

#32 7 years ago

Well the picture suggests they're making GB Pros at the moment.

#33 7 years ago

Lol at the #StillALive ... Looks like ghostbusters a-go-go at Stern Pinball

#34 7 years ago

That must be an LE because the playfield brackets propping Uncle Gary up don't come on the Pros.
Weekend at Sterns ?

#35 7 years ago

WEEKSTERNIES_(resized).jpgWEEKSTERNIES_(resized).jpg

#36 7 years ago

Maybe this was said before but maybe the Gary death hoax was to keep our minds off the pin delays. ..you know like politicians do. .lol

#37 7 years ago

"Greatly exaggerated"
"In lieu of flowers"
The man does have a great sense of humor.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Major-Havoc:

yep we are owed quite a few machines. And we get calls everyday. Luckily we do have a lot in stock right now.

You have Ghostbusters in stock or you mean Stern machines? I am one of the many people waiting for GB and curious how true the delay rumors are and if they have given distributors any details

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

"Greatly exaggerated"
"In lieu of flowers"

To be fair the greatly exaggerated bit was a more or less Mark Twain quote. Still hilarious.

#40 7 years ago

Given the big sales and backlog for GB, do you think Stern will push back their next title announcement to the end of the year?

As someone else said, a good chance for the programmers to really sort out the code on all their titles, then move forward.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

"Greatly exaggerated"
"In lieu of flowers"

It's Mark Twain's original humor

#42 7 years ago

The secondary market may thrive this summer (which would be unusual) with the NIB supply drying out. I've also heard nothing on the line but ghostbusters till sometime in July "at the earliest".

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Well the picture suggests they're making GB Pros at the moment.

Photo was taken in heaven........a nirvana of unlimited virgin GB Pro's.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

It's Mark Twain's original humor

Hmmm....I couldn't tell. It's not like it's WRITTEN ON THE FUCKING SIGN or anything.
Try reading through a thread before posting Newbnuts.
Winky fuckin face.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

a nirvana of unlimited virgin GB Pro's.

Heh. Virgin pros is essentially an oxymoron.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Heh. Virgin pros is essentially an oxymoron.

#47 7 years ago

No mention of Metallica but I'll throw in that as of the start of May we're due to get some at the Australian distributor (AMD) in July.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The secondary market may thrive this summer (which would be unusual) with the NIB supply drying out. I've also heard nothing on the line but ghostbusters till sometime in July "at the earliest".

I think tiger nailed it here.

I'd even be so bold to add that with the larger factory and giving consumers SO MANY choices of NIB pins to choose from, that they did not anticipate a big boom in demand like they're getting. And until stern suppliers can keep up with this demand, we're going to see an increase of prices on the secondary market - heck, we already have, at least here on the west coast.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hmmm....I couldn't tell. It's not like it's WRITTEN ON THE FUCKING SIGN or anything.
Try reading through a thread before posting Newbnuts.
Winky fuckin face.

You're feeling salty this evening. I've gotta start using "winky fuckin face."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 16.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-delays?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.