1972_Bally_Deluxe_Progressive_(resized).jpg
20160528_164734-1_(resized).jpg
Backglass_(resized).jpg
cvbackglass_(resized).png
slotroom1_(resized).jpg
BB2-panoramica_(resized).jpg
235033_(resized).jpg
235031_(resized).jpg
There are 1,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 22.
#301 7 years ago

I am in Chicago on a business trip this week, I drove by the Stern facility last night. Guess what I saw? I saw a fleet of 12 trucks by the docks all being loaded up with boxed pinball machine. I got my binoculars out and zoomed in, looked like they were mostly GB LE's! I saw a few other titles and possibly a few GB Premium's. I say expect some big news from Stern today!

#302 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I am in Chicago on a business trip this week, I drove by the Stern facility last night. Guess what I saw? I saw a fleet of 12 trucks by the docks all being loaded up with boxed pinball machine. I got my binoculars out and zoomed in, looked like they were mostly GB LE's! I saw a few other titles and possibly a few GB Premium's. I say expect some big news from Stern today!

You just happen to have binoculars on you at all times? Perv.

#303 7 years ago

Yeah I've been on a waiting list from my distributor since the game started to arrive in Canada. My distributor ordered 20 on the first run and only received half. They go the next shipment and received less than ordered. He didn't sound to happy and who can blame him he needs to sell to make a living and the production numbers are not there. He's suppose to receive some today and hopefully one will be in there for me

#304 7 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

He is Wacky

#305 7 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

On a business trip no less .. LOL

#306 7 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I'm at least 6% sure he is a professional birdwatcher.

#307 7 years ago

Personally, I prefer opera glasses. - Wait. - Some of you guys don't carry binoculars?

#308 7 years ago

I have the binocular app

#309 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Didn't Stern say on the LE stream that LEs will go into production week of May 9th or something like that?

I don't expect to see my LE until June.

#310 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Didn't Stern say on the LE stream that LEs will go into production week of May 9th or something like that?
I don't expect to see my LE until June.

Not sure but everything I'm hearing is mid June now but who knows.....

#311 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Not sure but everything I'm hearing is mid June now but who knows.....

LE stands for Late Edition now.

#312 7 years ago

I got my metallica pro yesterday. I ordered in feb. So for everyone else who ordered, just know there is still hope.

20160518_224958_resized_(resized).jpg20160518_224958_resized_(resized).jpg

#313 7 years ago
Quoted from butterz:

I got my metallica pro yesterday. I ordered in feb. So for everyone else who ordered, just know there is still hope.

Who is your distributor, if you don't mind me asking?

#314 7 years ago

I'm tempted to upgrade to a premium GB now ..... since I paid in full a pro, I sold another game, so I have some extra cash. Problem is would I go to the back of the Premium line and it would be even a longer wait than keeping the pro preorder? I do know I won't ever preorder a game again, as I might as well hold onto the money and get one once the rush is over. Basically have had $5k tied up for 2 months and a week with no sign of a game for at least two more months.

#315 7 years ago

Not sure why anyone want to pay in full for a NIB game, when you have no idea it's shipping. I got in on GB Premium with Trent at Tilt, but only paid $100 to reserve one. I can opt out at any time. Also layaway is an option too.

#316 7 years ago

Pay in full was my only option to preorder.... I do have the option to opt out for a refund

and the last game I got was from Trent (Tron LE) and I had to pay in full to preorder that..... which looking back was a good thing to do

#317 7 years ago
Quoted from bb2j3z:

Not sure why anyone want to pay in full for a NIB game, when you have no idea it's shipping. I got in on GB Premium with Trent at Tilt, but only paid $100 to reserve one. I can opt out at any time. Also layaway is an option too.

Can't go wrong with Trent.

#318 7 years ago

Still no word on the LEs showing up in Canada, which usually are the first to land.

#319 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I got rotator cuff surgery almost a year ago. At 6 weeks, you won't be able to stand directly behind the machine. You're gonna be way off centered. Forget trying to nudge it. Took me 3 months before I could play normally again.
All I can tell you, is that it's the worst surgery ever. Do all the home stretches they instruct you to do.

Well that make me feel much better!!!

#320 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I don't even need binoculars from my office here in California to see that you are a liar

#321 7 years ago

I paid in full for my Pro based on my distributor's request, then we got the word the next day it would be delayed until July. So I have the full $5000 tied up for a couple months and no expected ship date. Seems last word from Stern is they are shipping International LEs right now.

#322 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:Seems last word from Stern is they are shipping International LEs right now.

Where are you hearing that?

#323 7 years ago

I ordered an ST Pro second week of May... hoping it would be 2 or 3 weeks delivery. After reading this thread, I'm thinking it's going to be 2 or 3 months.

Going to have to get something to play with while I wait. Mousin Around?

#324 7 years ago
Quoted from PureTO:

I ordered an ST Pro

but think about how awesome it will be when that ST arrives all boxed up

#325 7 years ago

I mailed a check for a Walking Dead LE on 04/07/16 and the machine arrived at my home on 04/20/16.

#326 7 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

That's what they're calling the new ghostbusters: Suicide Girls.
Why? Because the trailer made me want to kill myself.

Amen brother.

#327 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I mailed a check for a Walking Dead LE on 04/07/16 and the machine arrived at my home on 04/20/16.

That was already in stock somewhere though... If not your vendor, then someone he knows that had it (and traded with him for something else).

#328 7 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Yes, should be great. It will be my first pin... Just hate to wait that long.

#329 7 years ago
Quoted from PureTO:

Yes, should be great. It will be my first pin... Just hate to wait that long.

I order my first pin back in 2014 - still waiting.

#330 7 years ago

Games being loaded? GB LEs and Premies? Sounds a bit wacky.

Bigfoot was probably sharing a beer with Gary Stern while they took turns rolling in hundred dollar bills too!

#331 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I order my first pin back in 2014 - still waiting.

I ordered a redhead about the same time....

#332 7 years ago

Buying a used GoT Pro instead of NIB now.

#333 7 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Basically have had $5k tied up for 2 months and a week with no sign of a game for at least two more months.

Been paid in full since July of 2014-still waiting for "the call". Never again will I preorder.

#334 7 years ago
Quoted from Millz:

Never again will I preorder.

download_(resized).pngdownload_(resized).png

#335 7 years ago

I disbelieve waiting since 2014. How is that possible that you would not cancel and order NIB from a different distributor? What game are you guys waiting for?

#336 7 years ago

There's no delays on WWEs, get em the same day you pay

#337 7 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

I disbelieve waiting since 2014. How is that possible that you would not cancel and order NIB from a different distributor? What game are you guys waiting for?

I don't think he mentioned he ordered from Stern.

#338 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The Game of Thrones orbit issue

Oh my god, what a tempest in a teapot. The Prem/LE plays great as is, and if you have a little patience you can make it orbit like the pro. "GIMME MY BAWL BACK RIGHT NOW!!"

#339 7 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

So after following the pricing policy of some competitors, Stern is now also copying their production times?

Uncalled for.

#340 7 years ago

Tomorrow is my birthday. I'm still holding out hope that I might get my pin for my 40th. I'm only turning 33 tomorrow but I'm still not sure if Stern can pull it off.

#341 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

I don't think he mentioned he ordered from Stern.

Which table announced back then has not been released yet? No matter where you ordered from, cancel, buy from somewhere else that has them in stock. What am I missing? Is this JJP only you mean?

#342 7 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Which table announced back then has not been released yet? No matter where you ordered from, cancel, buy from somewhere else that has them in stock. What am I missing? Is this JJP only you mean?

Yes, I think he was referring to JJP.

#343 7 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Some people stick with their distributor through thick and thin. If you really like your distributor and you're willing to stick it out when they're trying to grow their base, you can be a big part in their growth and success into a bigger player.

#344 7 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Hope the assembly quality isn't affected due to delays Stern is having at the plant.

They outsource everything I believe... Except the wiring harnesses are made in house. So not worried about the cabinet or play field. But I am worried about a brand new guy doing the assembly... In a rush.

#345 7 years ago
Quoted from PureTO:

But I am worried about a brand new guy doing the assembly... In a rush.

I heard they put the new guys on the MMr assembly line.

#346 7 years ago

I respect anyone on this thread who's put up money and is still waiting after a month or more. But there are a lot of people posting here who have no skin in the game whatsoever. How about making this a thread FOR the people who are waiting, and not a dumb-ass snarky thread AGAINST Stern?

O-din, I wore out my thumbs down on you in this thread. You need to step back, IMHO. I respect you but you're not in your element here.

#347 7 years ago

Yes, Im refering to JJP Hobbit. My point was for the poster who had money tied up for 2+ months. Having had my money tied up for over 2 years (made 1st payment Dec 2013), I wish I only had to wait 2 months. I still have no idea when my game may come.

#348 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

O-din, I wore out my thumbs down on you in this thread. You need to step back, IMHO. I respect you but you're not in your element here.

Thanks for the tip, but I'm in my element wherever I go. Or wherever I may roam. If you don't agree with what somebody says, then thumbs down. It don't hurt my feelings. And whatever I say shouldn't hurt yours.

#349 7 years ago
Quoted from Millz:

Yes, Im refering to JJP Hobbit. My point was for the poster who had money tied up for 2+ months. Having had my money tied up for over 2 years (made 1st payment Dec 2013), I wish I only had to wait 2 months. I still have no idea when my game may come.

I think the specific complaint here is that with Stern historically when you ordered a game, you knew you were going to get it within a few weeks or at worst a month or two. The recent delays are a departure from that history.

When you pre-order a game through JJP, Heighway, DP, etc. you know you're buying from a boutique firm and that there's a risk (really an expectation at this point) of lengthy delays and blown deadlines.

#350 7 years ago
Quoted from PureTO:

Hope the assembly quality isn't affected due to delays Stern is having at the plant.
They outsource everything I believe... Except the wiring harnesses are made in house. So not worried about the cabinet or play field. But I am worried about a brand new guy doing the assembly... In a rush.

The only thing Stern seems to rush is the initial code. They sure take their sweet time getting machines out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 8.95
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-delays/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.