1972_Bally_Deluxe_Progressive_(resized).jpg
20160528_164734-1_(resized).jpg
Backglass_(resized).jpg
cvbackglass_(resized).png
slotroom1_(resized).jpg
BB2-panoramica_(resized).jpg
235033_(resized).jpg
235031_(resized).jpg
There are 1,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 22.
#1001 7 years ago
Quoted from bryan942:

I don't see any GoT's on that schedule ... I have had one in order since Feb...*sigh*

Febuary think you might need a new distro....

#1002 7 years ago

I ordered an LE in March and am still waiting all I keep hearing is 7-10 days and I am with a reputable distributor. I am almost at the point of getting a refund it is ridiculous. It wouldn't be so bad but they originally said LEs would be out early May here we are almost to mid August and still nothing. If stern doesn't actually get these out the door and fix there QC issues they will lose a lot of customers

#1003 7 years ago

Whew! That's a long damn thread.

#1004 7 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

I ordered an LE in March and am still waiting all I keep hearing is 7-10 days and I am with a reputable distributor. I am almost at the point of getting a refund it is ridiculous. It wouldn't be so bad but they originally said LEs would be out early May here we are almost to mid August and still nothing. If stern doesn't actually get these out the door and fix there QC issues they will lose a lot of customers

Waiting is hard but I actually like that I'm getting one of the last LE's produced. Hopefully it will give Stern extra time to get issues corrected. Good things come to my those who wait, we are already getting the captive ball fix and maybe we will get unghosted inserts

#1005 7 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Nice! Interestingly enough the email mentions the Pabst game, but it is not mentioned in the production schedule. Yet Pabst say on their website the game will be available within 6-10 weeks...

I don't think Gary Stern mentioned it since distributors can't sale the Pabst game. It is solely purchased though the Pabst website.

#1006 7 years ago
Quoted from bryan942:

I don't see any GoT's on that schedule ... I have had one in order since Feb...*sigh*

Yeah...what's that all about? So they're not making GOT anymore until at least November? Doesn't make sense.

And that Pabst machine looks like a snoozer. Although the limited number will probably make it the next BBB.

#1007 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Waiting is hard but I actually like that I'm getting one of the last LE's produced. Hopefully it will give Stern extra time to get issues corrected. Good things come to my those who wait, we are already getting the captive ball fix and maybe we will get unghosted inserts

How did they fix the Captive Ball issue?

#1008 7 years ago
Quoted from bryan942:

I have had one on order since last November...........

#1009 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So they're not making GOT anymore until at least November? Doesn't make sense.

I may be wrong, but I would assume they don't have enough orders to make a batch production worth it. Sounds like demand may be going to other machines. Sucks if you want a GOT.

Quoted from Nightmare:

There's a picture in one of the GB threads, hard to keep them all straight. It looked like there was a metal plate behind the wire, one that was an L shape touching the PF and a support wall against the wire.

#1010 7 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Yes they did

#1011 7 years ago

I heard that the fix involves bending a piece of steel .125" toward the left side. That's 1/8" for you non-engineer types.

#1012 7 years ago

seems like we are buying many many pins and they cant make them fast enough. just crazy!!

#1013 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah...what's that all about? So they're not making GOT anymore until at least November? Doesn't make sense.
And that Pabst machine looks like a snoozer. Although the limited number will probably make it the next BBB.

You know I swear I saw a Facebook live post from stern not more than a week or so ago where they were making got pros.

I have a reputable distributor too, I just don't think they are out there. If anyone has an HUO in the Pittsburgh area they are thinking of moving I would be willing to talk.... If too much time goes by I will expand my radius....

#1014 7 years ago
Quoted from bryan942:

Cancel your order and buy a huo from market. Get your game now.

#1015 7 years ago

has anyone actually seen a GB Premium in the wild?

#1016 7 years ago

With that full of a production schedule, will there even be another game announced this year?

#1017 7 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

With that full of a production schedule, will there even be another game announced this year?

Perfect time to put out another soft title like Aerosmith that isn't very popular.

#1018 7 years ago
Quoted from bryan942:

You know I swear I saw a Facebook live post from stern not more than a week or so ago where they were making got pros.
I have a reputable distributor too, I just don't think they are out there. If anyone has an HUO in the Pittsburgh area they are thinking of moving I would be willing to talk.... If too much time goes by I will expand my radius....

Little Shop of Games has Both GOT Pro and Premium in Stock

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#1019 7 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

They may have to in order to draw attention away from the GB insert fallout.

At the very least an obscure picture on Facebook of an aging rocker standing next to Gary.

Quoted from robotron:

seems like we are buying many many pins and they cant make them fast enough. just crazy!!

Or just making really small runs of past titles.

#1020 7 years ago

I thought Star Wars was supposed to be released this year. They should have just one more release left for this year right? SMVE, GB, PBR, ??

#1021 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Perfect time to put out another soft title like Aerosmith that isn't very popular.

Except that its a HUGE waste of talent with Borg and Lyman.

I would consider it just because of those two and put my own tunes in there.

Actually, I like Aerosmith, throw in Dirty Donnie and an LCD and let's go.

#1022 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Except that its a HUGE waste of talent with Borg and Lyman.

meh...lyman maybe

#1023 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I thought Star Wars was supposed to be released this year. They should have just one more release left for this year right? SMVE, GB, PBR, ??

And only one of those is a regular release title. The other two are a VE and specialty pin....low runs.

Looks like Aerosmith is going to be a late year release.

#1024 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

meh...lyman maybe

Lyman "maybe" wtf. 360 Slam dunk

What are you drinking tonight Law

Ritchie is on probation with me

#1025 7 years ago

My distributor just got a new got pro from stern so they must be making a few.

#1026 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

My distributor just got a new got pro from stern so they must be making a few.

GBLEs are shipping again with Aug build dates.

#1027 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lyman "maybe" wtf. 360 Slam dunk
What are you drinking tonight Law
Ritchie is on probation with me

Ha! I didn't mean it as a dig on Lyman, of course at the top of the game. I just don't know when Borg's crank started tasting so sweet to people. Richie is just like anyone else...has good ones and bad ones. he was on probation with me till GOT so that shows how diff'rent folks feel

Oh and Miller lite...but only 4 by this time.

#1028 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

has anyone actually seen a GB Premium in the wild?

Logan Arcade here in Chicago just got one.

#1029 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I don't think Gary Stern mentioned it since distributors can't sale the Pabst game. It is solely purchased though the Pabst website.

But Stern will have to build it. I doubt they have a few dozen of them already available. In Gary's planning there is no slot mentioned to build these games. By now, under the normal 3 games per year schedule, Borg's next game should also be announced or available. There's no mention, or room, for a new title in that whole schedule either.

In the previous scheduled I recall there was no mention of TWD being made. Yet we got to see a live video from Stern where they were making TWD. So I doubt the accuracy of the schedule as either it is incomplete or very flexible.

#1030 7 years ago

The good news is that the backlog should mean that the next title will be further along in code. GB is pretty far along so the next one should be ever better!

#1031 7 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

But Stern will have to build it. I doubt they have a few dozen of them already available. In Gary's planning there is no slot mentioned to build these games.

Because the email is about availability for the products the distributors are selling... Not a stern corporate plan they (dust) aren't selling can crusher so it's not relevant to share that info with them

#1032 7 years ago

All of this "production" on the schedule now.

Since production has been slowed to a crawl because of the PF issues, one would assume they think they have the PF issues worked out right?

If the line is going to start blowing and going again I wouldn't think Stern would want to compound their problems.

I'll update with my GBLE next week.

#1033 7 years ago

Seems like a really healthy backlog...that's both good and bad. Good long term for Stern and us buyers...bad short term for those waiting.

I've never been an early adopter of anything...so delays around supply chain are fine with me since I've decided to buy next NiB this January...should be enough time to work out the GB kinks.

#1034 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

...one would assume they think they have the PF issues worked out right?

One would think... And hope, and keep fingers crossed, and delude oneself that their PF will be perfect.

#1035 7 years ago

Is it me or is can crusher just a total waste of resources.i mean it is a redo of Nellie. To me stern takes on these projects that aren't all that profitable or in demand and meanwhile they are months behind in their production schedule pissing of their customers who have been Quoted a time to get their pins like ghostbusters and then not being able to meet demands. With all the QC issues on top of it stern appears to be biting off more than it can chew.

#1036 7 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Logan Arcade here in Chicago just got one.

Logan Arcade has a "Premium" (not an LE or a Pro)? You sure about that?

#1037 7 years ago

Will confirm tonight. My friend who's there all the time says pro.

#1038 7 years ago

I figured the first we heard of a GB Premium on location or confirmed home delivery there would be some sort of ticker tape parade.

#1039 7 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Is it me or is can crusher just a total waste of resources.i mean it is a redo of Nellie. To me stern takes on these projects that aren't all that profitable or in demand and meanwhile they are months behind in their production schedule pissing of their customers who have been Quoted a time to get their pins like ghostbusters and then not being able to meet demands. With all the QC issues on top of it stern appears to be biting off more than it can chew.

It must have been worth it because they did it. It's probably worth more with the relationships made corporately. Opens a lot of doors for companies to come in wanting pins based on their products. It diversifies their buyers and provides a steady source of income if they order a hundred or two hundred machines. Same positives that Domino's is for Spooky. Sure the theme may not be what the majority of their buyers want but if it's a limited run it's only gonna help long term. I bet the corporate guys won't look for ghosting as well.

#1040 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Logan Arcade has a "Premium" (not an LE or a Pro)? You sure about that?

Logan arcade made a post to their facebook page that they have upgraded to a premium Ghostbusters.

#1041 7 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

I guarantee this is one where Pabst came to Stern, and Stern has already gotten paid by Pabst marketing, it's a no lose for Stern no matter how many sell

#1042 7 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

But Stern will have to build it. I doubt they have a few dozen of them already available. In Gary's planning there is no slot mentioned to build these games. By now, under the normal 3 games per year schedule, Borg's next game should also be announced or available. There's no mention, or room, for a new title in that whole schedule either.
In the previous scheduled I recall there was no mention of TWD being made. Yet we got to see a live video from Stern where they were making TWD. So I doubt the accuracy of the schedule as either it is incomplete or very flexible.

Very true..it also said this:

"I want to let you know that today Pabst is posting Can Crusher on their website and will sell a small quantity for delivery later this year in the contiguous United States only."

Maybe later in the year could mean they will be produced in November or December and are not on the schedule before then...I am just speculating.

#1043 7 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

To me stern takes on these projects that aren't all that profitable or in demand

Stern has always contract built things. And keeps their employees busy, instead of laying them off or losing them.

LTG : )

#1044 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Logan arcade made a post to their facebook page that they have upgraded to a premium Ghostbusters.

Did they upgrade and then receive a Premium already or pay in full for a Premium and are waiting for delivery? Seems strange that Logan Arcade would have a Pro and then adecide to upgrade and receive one before any distributors? I pre-ordered in early March and hoping I get mine by mid September. Can anyone confirm either way?

#1045 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Did they upgrade and then receive a Premium already or pay in full for a Premium and are waiting for delivery? Seems strange that Logan Arcade would have a Pro and then adecide to upgrade and receive one before any distributors? I pre-ordered in early March and hoping I get mine by mid September. Can anyone confirm either way?

I'm not sure, but they have photos of a premium on their facebook page. So I would assume they traded out the pro and now have the premium on location. Who knows but I'm sure it won't be long before premiums start pouring out. I ordered mine first day, and would rather have things figured out before they ship them.

#1046 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

I'm not sure, but they have photos of a premium on their facebook page. So I would assume they traded out the pro and now have the premium on location. Who knows but I'm sure it won't be long before premiums start pouring out. I ordered mine first day, and would rather have things figured out before they ship them.

I'm almost certain Stern uses Logan as one of their test locations, so that could be why they are getting them earlier than others, but yes, they had a Pro and now they changed that out for a Premium. The Logan record store a couple blocks down as the LE.

#1047 7 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

I'm almost certain Stern uses Logan as one of their test locations

That's what I thought, and that's why I'm not surprised they have in now.

Also, I've got to get back to Chicago again...

#1048 7 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

I'm almost certain Stern uses Logan as one of their test locations, so that could be why they are getting them earlier than others, but yes, they had a Pro and now they changed that out for a Premium. The Logan record store a couple blocks down as the LE.

That's cool...I didn't realize that. Good to know there is one out there now!

#1049 7 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Yep, their Game of Thones is a weird hybrid. It's a Pro cabinet with an LE playfield in it. Send by Stern as a test subject

#1050 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Yep, their Game of Thones is a weird hybrid. It's a Pro cabinet with an LE playfield in it. Send by Stern as a test subject

Also noticed once when a tech was working on ACDC, it was running on a Spike board

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.50
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lewiston, NY
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-delays/page/21?hl=investingdad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.