By foureyedcharlie

2 years ago

Stats

• 1,085 posts
  • 238 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Gryszzz
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 48 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png
legs_(resized).jpg
download_(2)_(resized).jpg
popcorn_SB_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
fathom_copy_copy_(resized).JPG
1972_Bally_Deluxe_Progressive_(resized).jpg
20160528_164734-1_(resized).jpg
Backglass_(resized).jpg
cvbackglass_(resized).png
slotroom1_(resized).jpg
BB2-panoramica_(resized).jpg
235033_(resized).jpg
235031_(resized).jpg

There are 1087 posts in topic. You are on page 20 of 22.
#951 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I know. I was spoofing all of the people that keep asking what their next game is when they're having all these problems getting all the ones out that are on their production line.
Who cares what their next game is? They've got enough of their plate now.

Exactly. If they shove them out the door, they are inferior quality. If they take their time and do it right, then they are behind, can't produce, lost half the workforce, didn't pay the electric bill, blah blah blah. My only wish is that they would do a better job of communicating what is going on, so people would stop the insanity and jumping to conclusions. But in reality, I'm guessing the insanity would continue, even if we had a webcam in every meeting and conversation that Gary has. End result is this is just a game...it is just money....and we are all big babies sometimes. Myself included........lol

#952 1 year ago
Quoted from Manimal:

He is referencing the fact theirs were already put on a boat prior to discovery of the ghosting issues.

Doh! I figured he was talking about the wait as that seems number one on the hit parade lately.

#953 1 year ago

Do we know if these were ever actually loaded up and shipped over seas I know there was a video showing a lot of international GBLEs but if they actually shiped I would think they should be hitting shores now

#954 1 year ago
Quoted from Flato:

Do we know if these were ever actually loaded up and shipped over seas I know there was a video showing a lot of international GBLEs but if they actually shiped I would think they should be hitting shores now

Ive heard ozzie GBLE,S arrive July 7

#955 1 year ago

Yes, 30+ Australian and NZ GBLE are half way here, due in NZ July 5th

These were in the container before that pic of the insert of the GBLE was found/happened

#956 1 year ago

Yikes good luck !

#957 1 year ago

Is it only the les with ghosting issues or has it happened to the pros as well?

#958 1 year ago

Someone had a pro with it and got with it and a Spider-Man vE

#959 1 year ago

If it's a matter of "curing" wouldn't the long boat trip help with that? Or does the curing have to be done earlier in the assembly process?

#960 1 year ago
Quoted from c508:

If it's a matter of "curing" wouldn't the long boat trip help with that? Or does the curing have to be done earlier in the assembly process?

I would have thought any lacquer should cure to full strength within 48 hours ... which would mean way before assembly in the factory

#961 1 year ago

Isn't the only Ghostbusters that has been seen with ghosting the LE that was at Southern Fried? That was sent from Stern to Marco directly - specifically to make the show in a tight timeline. Perhaps its the only one that made it out the door with the issue and others were caught?

#962 1 year ago

Honestly..... just give me the f**king game now. I don't care about the cosmetic issues. I don't want to wait month after month on something that I really don't care about. I buy games to play them, not to show in a museum. They get beat up, scratched, dinged, cracked, dirty. I love playing pinball, and at the end of its life in my gameroom, if I lose money selling it, then big deal. If Stern feels bad about the issue, knock off a hundred or two and I'll be thankful.

edit: wow, all the down votes for wanting a different option and not being a Pinside Lemming .... I'd up vote myself for this if I could

#963 1 year ago

There's no way the hold up is quality concerns... It's parts... Wether it be them making their own play fields now or a fight with who does make them knowing they won't be anymore soon and putting them on the back burner for it... It's a game being played between companies. No pun intended.

#964 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Honestly..... just give me the f**king game now. I don't care about the cosmetic issues. I don't want to wait month after month on something that I really don't care about. I buy games to play them, not to show in a museum. They get beat up, scratched, dinged, cracked, dirty. I love playing pinball, and at the end of its life in my gameroom, if I lose money selling it, then big deal. If Stern feels bad about the issue, knock off a hundred or two and I'll be thankful.

While I don't necessarily agree, Stern has really screwed up not only with the quality issues, but with the delays. A game is worthless if you can't play it, and time is valuable. A game is worth more to me now than six months from now. I'm not going to live forever. I might not even care about a game a few months from now.

Now I welcome everyone to point out that other companies have much longer waits. I get it. Time is still valuable to me.

#965 1 year ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Is it only the les with ghosting issues or has it happened to the pros as well?

Anybody see the irony in a GB playfield with ghosting issues?

#966 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Anybody see the irony in a GB playfield with ghosting issues?

A couple dozen folks over in the Stern ghosting thread may have mentioned it, but other than that you're the first!

#967 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

While I don't necessarily agree, Stern has really screwed up not only with the quality issues, but with the delays. A game is worthless if you can't play it, and time is valuable. A game is worth more to me now than six months from now. I'm not going to live forever. I might not even care about a game a few months from now.
Now I welcome everyone to point out that other companies have much longer waits. I get it. Time is still valuable to me.

Disagree - I'd rather wait a bit longer if it means any potential issues would be fixed before they leave the factory...

#968 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Other companies have much longer waits.

Seriously though, I am not sure how Stern delays impact your valuable time. Not like you have to sit on the edge of a chair and stare at a wall until it arrives. Play something else, read a book, whatever.

If delays are caused by suppliers, nothing Stern can do about it except try to find new suppliers for next time. If delays are caused by them finding issues and waiting for resolutions before shipping, then that sucks, but better for everyone. In any case, Stern is not causing delays on purpose to frustrate its user base. No one in this forum wants Stern to be shipping machines more than Stern does.

#969 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

A couple dozen folks over in the Stern ghosting thread may have mentioned it, but other than that you're the first!

Fair enough. So it is ironic, but just a tired out excuse of a joke. I haven't been following Ghostbusters, is it coming out soon?

#970 1 year ago

I want them to ship asap but if stern would just give the distors a shout and tell the what is really going on and what they are doing to get them built I would be fine with that even if the news was bad, on there Facebook page they just said coming soon again and that is getting old

#971 1 year ago

Stern needs to have a big staff meeting at the local White Castle - that should cure the information and delivery constipation!

#972 1 year ago

Back to my original comments weeks ago. I don't care if the games are delayed, especially for good reasons like working out playfield issues or even a supplier shortage. What I can't stand is being kept in the dark. I see ZERO legitimate reason to do that, except when you're being so prideful that you don't want to admit any faults. Ridiculous!

#973 1 year ago

Stern is out of legs... thats the problem...

legs_(resized).jpg

#974 1 year ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Stern needs to have a big staff meeting at the local White Castle - that should cure the information and delivery constipation!

I love White Castle....

#975 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Other companies have much longer waits.

I ordered my Hobbit at about the same time that a friend ordered a GB Premium. Guess who got their pin first?

#976 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

I ordered my Hobbit at about the same time that a friend ordered a GB Premium. Guess who got their pin first?

And How many Hobbit Preorders (ones that were ordered way before yours) are people still waiting on??? lol

#977 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

Guess who will sell theirs first.

#978 1 year ago

You realize the code isn't complete on GB yet? If everyone gets their game, the "Where is the code?" thread is going to explode.

#979 1 year ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

You realize the code isn't complete on GB yet? If everyone gets their game, the "Where is the code?" thread is going to explode.

Nah, Pinside is in the "Take your sweet ass time Stern" phase .... there's no hurry on code either

#980 1 year ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Seems like code is the only thing Stern can get out the door right now...

Ghostbusters is actually in a pretty good spot already with code. There will be tweaks and refinements, sure, but it's by no means barren.

#981 1 year ago

I thought the code looked good in the demo they did a while back

#982 1 year ago
Quoted from smassa:

And How many Hobbit Preorders (ones that were ordered way before yours) are people still waiting on??? lol

I don't care about those people.

#983 1 year ago

When I was in college I saw a trailer for a movie called Sky Captain and the world of tomorrow. I thought it looked really cool and I eagerly looked forward to it. Then they pushed the release date back and I forgot about it, and when it finally came out, I didn't care anymore and I never saw it. The whole gb pinball situation keeps reminding me of that. I was so excited when I first heard about this game, then I got tired of waiting and nervous about all the issues. Then I cancelled my order and decided to wait on the sidelines. And now I just find myself caring less and less. I still want a pin, but I'm way more interested in other, older games. If Stern had been able to ship around the time of announcement, I would have a gb right now, and I'd probably enjoy it, but the hype train has left the station.

#984 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

When I was in college I saw a trailer for a movie called Sky Captain and the world of tomorrow. I thought it looked really cool and I eagerly looked forward to it. Then they pushed the release date back and I forgot about it, and when it finally came out, I didn't care anymore and I never saw it. The whole gb pinball situation keeps reminding me of that. I was so excited when I first heard about this game, then I got tired of waiting and nervous about all the issues. Then I cancelled my order and decided to wait on the sidelines. And now I just find myself caring less and less. I still want a pin, but I'm way more interested in other, older games. If Stern had been able to ship around the time of announcement, I would have a gb right now, and I'd probably enjoy it, but the hype train has left the station.

This is why Stern tries to keep development under wraps. GB was probably in the works 2 years before the announcement. I'm guessing companies like Highway, JJP and Dutch Pinball will rethink their openness during the design phase going forward.

Eight year olds, Dude.

#985 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Then why pre order in the first place. Buy a game that is avalible and stop whining. Talk about first world problems. Sounds like with your short attention span you should never pre order or ever read a thread about future releases or your world might end.

I'm hoping my GB becomes a keeper for me in which case they can take as long as they want if it means better quality.

#986 1 year ago
Quoted from Mitch:

you should never pre order

words of wisdom

#987 1 year ago
Quoted from Superchicken:
ompanies like Highway, JJP and Dutch Pinball will rethink their openness during the design phase going forward.

Not when you ask for pre order$.Havent you've been paying attention.Pre order types want updates ,pictures,newsletter ,their own closed blog groups and shit.

#988 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I am sure Stern's leak didn't help with their timeline. To me it seems they probably should have just waited till they got some kinks worked out instead of rushing the announcement and trying to rush the production of the machines. This is just my outside perspective though so maybe that is not what happened.

#989 1 year ago

I don't think they rushed it but the ongoing problems at their facility is not helping their cause along with the problems with this ghosting issue. I'm still in for a Pro but if I find something in the meantime my money is going to go to that. I'd rather play pinball then wait to play pinball.

#990 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

When I was in college I saw a trailer for a movie called Sky Captain and the world of tomorrow. I thought it looked really cool and I eagerly looked forward to it. Then they pushed the release date back and I forgot about it, and when it finally came out, I didn't care anymore and I never saw it.

So you've never seen that? I LOVELOVELOVE that movie. It's Gwyneth before she lost her frickin' mind.

#991 1 year ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

Not when you ask for pre order$.Havent you've been paying attention.Pre order types want updates ,pictures,newsletter ,their own closed blog groups and shit.

Well I think the pre-order model has probably run its course also.

#992 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So you've never seen that? I LOVELOVELOVE that movie. It's Gwyneth before she lost her frickin' mind.

I never did see it, even though I think I've seen it available on Netflix before. It's become a symbol of bad timing to me. I remember working at blockbuster video when it came out and they only got a few copies because there was no demand for it. They really blew it on marketing.

#993 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That movie was a classic of the time.

#994 1 year ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

Well I think the pre-order model has probably run its course also.

Steve Ritchie and Roger Sharpe announce new pinball co.

First game is Star Wars with a custom Rush soundtrack!!!

And just like that the pre order is back!!!!

1 month later
#995 1 year ago

Updated productions schedule received this morning via email:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ladies & Gentlemen,

As I have for the last months, I am writing to update you about our production plans for the next 3 months. We are continuing to make progress in addressing our supply chain challenges and to work overtime every day and on Saturdays to fill our backorders.

We built hundreds and hundreds of games last month, filling many of our backorders. We received virtually as many new orders as we filled, keeping our back order level high.

We plan to produce games or have in stock games as follows:

August

Ghostbusters Pro – build to continue filling many orders from July and before
Ghostbusters Premium – build to continue filling many current backorders;
Ghostbusters LE – build to fill all backorders
Star Trek Pro – fill backorders and have more available for you to order
Star Trek Premium - fill backorders and have more available for you to order
WWE – some available
Kiss Pro – build to fill backorders and have a few more available for you to order
Kiss Premium – a few available

September

Ghostbusters Pro – making more – should fill back orders
Ghostbusters Premium – making more – almost all current backorders filled
Whoa Nellie – Build to fill all backorders and a few available for you to order
To extent not 100% sold in August, we may have Star Trek Pro, Star Trek Premium, WWE, Kiss Pro, Kiss Premium

October

TWD Pro– complete current backorders + games available for you to order
TWD Premium– complete current backorders + games available for you to order
Ghostbusters Pro - games available for you to order
Ghostbusters Premium – complete current backorders + games available for you to order
Spiderman VE - complete current backorders + games available for you to order

To extent not 100% sold in September, we may have Star Trek Pro, Star Trek Premium, WWE, Kiss Pro, Kiss Premium, Whoa Nellie

We are getting more orders for all models and especially for Ghostbusters Pro and Premium. Ghostbusters is #1 on both the Replay Magazine poll and the Playmeter Magazine poll. For commercial use, earnings reports are great.

I am attaching an updated UMRP/MAP/MSRP listing, which applies to U.S. customers only.

Finally, we have told you about our private label game, Can Crusher, that we designed for and are selling to Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. This game was shown at the Comic-Con convention in San Diego, CA last month. I want to let you know that today Pabst is posting Can Crusher on their website and will sell a small quantity for delivery later this year in the contiguous United States only. The Pabst website is http://store.pabstblueribbon.com/

Best regards,

Gary

Gary Stern
President
Stern Pinball, Inc.
2001 Lunt Avenue
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007-5605 USA

#996 1 year ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

August

Ghostbusters Pro – build to continue filling many orders from July and before

Ok, maybe March orders will finally come in .... fingers crossed

#997 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Ok, maybe March orders will finally come in .... fingers crossed

That sounds like a failure on the part of your distributor. I ordered my GB Pro and paid it in full on June 13 and it was delivered on July 15th. If you ordered a Pro in March then maybe you need to find another distributor.

#998 1 year ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Updated productions schedule received this morning via email:

Nice! Interestingly enough the email mentions the Pabst game, but it is not mentioned in the production schedule. Yet Pabst say on their website the game will be available within 6-10 weeks...

#999 1 year ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

WWE – some available

what a surprise...

#1000 1 year ago

I don't see any GoT's on that schedule ... I have had one in order since Feb...*sigh*

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.99
$ 24.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Williamsport, PA
$ 14.95
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Lockport, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
$ 92.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 63.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1087 posts in topic. You are on page 20 of 22.

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 584 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside