1972_Bally_Deluxe_Progressive_(resized).jpg
20160528_164734-1_(resized).jpg
Backglass_(resized).jpg
cvbackglass_(resized).png
slotroom1_(resized).jpg
BB2-panoramica_(resized).jpg
235033_(resized).jpg
235031_(resized).jpg
There are 1,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 22.
#451 7 years ago

Haha. Stay strong bud, you know you got a great game. Enjoy it.

#452 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I hate to say it but the LE/Premiums are heading towards Transformers territory unless all the fixes are performed properly. One thing I have determined throughout this process is that I do not like upper playfields (yes I said it). I have decided that upper playfields are not my cup of tea. I do like upper playfields that are one shot like Elvis and WH20 but I dislike the mini-playfields with flippers and targets. Game of Thrones LE/Premiums are going to be trending downwards-dump em while you can.

Curious for your thoughts on the TZ upper playfield and TSPP upper playfield? I think both of those are integrated really well and enjoy both of them. Wh20 and IJ, too. I despise the GoT upper playfield though. We had a customer return his LE and bought a pro.

I agree and have said since release you'll be able to buy GoT premiums and LEs in the $4500-$5k range in a couple years. I wouldn't even pay that for one. I am happy the owners love it so much cause they just might be stuck with them.

#453 7 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

....or hire real artists like zombie yeti or dirty Donny. Met and GB are so far above the other games. I think they are learning. Sure, it cost a bit more but the end product looks SO much nicer and look at the sales numbers of those 2 titles. GB [all versions] will be their biggest seller EVER.

To an extent, but I think lighting - and more importantly full RGB LED lighting now - is such a hugely important factor in how a game looks. Also, print quality and finish.

There's some fairly amateurish looking photoshop on the WOZ playfield in some areas, but with the full RGB lighting, superb finish and beautiful animations and graphics lighting up the backbox, to me it's easily the most beautiful game yet made. Hobbit's close behind it (even though the theme does absolutely nothing for me).

In the same vein, Star Trek Premium and LE have fantastic lighting - certainly the best in Sterns and benefit enormously from it aesthetically.

GB's lighting is really, really weak. Even the LE and Premium only have a small number of inserts with RGB LEDs. The light show and lighting are really weak, and it detracts from the game. Similarly, having now seen a Pro in the flesh, Stern's continuing cost-cutting exercise really shows. The finish of the cabinet looks really rough - much worse than pre Spike games and in my view it's doing Zombie Yeti's art a major disservice.

P.S. Forgotten about Mayuh's BoP 2.0 decals ... a well restored BoP with those, ultimately his BoP 2.0 translite when he releases it, new PF, and a BoP 2.0 kit will be the best looking game ever.

#454 7 years ago

I owned a GOT LE (recently traded it) and really didn't care for it.. I bought it on theme and really anticipated that the upper playfield was going to be more than what it is (the fact that a couple of the lanes drop down to the playfield was disappointing to me and I found it to just be boring). Most of the guys I know that said they like the LE/Premium are the guys that own one.

That being said, I like the pro much better for flow and gameplay and I may own a pro someday. Side by side the pro is more fun to play IMO, while the Premium/LE has more "flash".

I don't miss my LE one bit..

#455 7 years ago

It definitely feels like the GoT pro is the game that Steve wanted to make and that the premium needed to have extras, so the mini playfield was sort of patched in there at the cost of flow and reason. For those that love the premium, that's great, but it's going to go down as a big misfire in regards to the pro/premium discussion on this game.

#456 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

So this has become the thread where everyone takes a dump on GOT Prem/LE? Sometimes you really make me sad, Pinside.

Doesn't matter what hobby... Which forum... It's the same on all of them. Ppl are easily distracted, this is why Facebook is so popular.

#457 7 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Most of the guys I know that said they like the LE/Premium are the guys that own one.

LOL, of course they like it. That's why they own one...you don't own games you don't like.

I keep my GoT LE in New Orleans, so it's away from the bulk of my collection and doesn't have any competition when I'm out there so I can't really say how it would do competing for my attention against Tron, XM, TWD, IM, etc but we have been enjoying the heck out of it.

We wanted a fantasy theme and it was really between GoT and MMr for us, we went with the newer game and are happy for it.

As for the artwork, it looks good to me. The high rez dragon decals and armor are great. I'm not a huge fan of Kahl Drago being on the backglass (he would have been fine on one head side) as I think it should have been Sir Jora but whatever...there are many many many worse Stern back glasses out there and there are great alternate back glasses that can be purchased.

#458 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Be careful Mr68, that guy will send you a PM threatening physical violence and tell you how big of a bad ass he is.

I got lectured about how the internet works followed up by him doing exactly what he said I can't do... It's quiet funny to watch play out. It's like the naive have been let out into the wild for the first time...

#459 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

...and guessing you have insight and extensive knowledge of production lines, especially at Stern?

When you've been following the company, its employees, their statements, interviews, and tours for 15 plus years... You may know more than the guy who just assumes the company is the carbon copy average mechanical assembly plant.

#460 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The whole GOT situation is really shitty. I am a huge GOT fan and I was all over this machine-in for the premium until Stern's quality control department dropped the ball. The problems it has had and the way Stern has dealt with it by trying to sweep it under the rug are un excusable. I hate to say it but the LE/Premiums are heading towards Transformers territory unless all the fixes are performed properly. One thing I have determined throughout this process is that I do not like upper playfields (yes I said it). I have decided that upper playfields are not my cup of tea. I do like upper playfields that are one shot like Elvis and WH20 but I dislike the mini-playfields with flippers and targets. Game of Thrones LE/Premiums are going to be trending downwards-dump em while you can.

I blame myself for buying a GOT Premium and really disliking it more than I blame Stern for screwing up various aspects of it, such as the orbit. You say that you discovered that mini pf's just aren't your cup of tea based on your purchase of GOT premium. Well, I already knew that I didn't like mini PF's. Yet, I bought GOT premium anyway, even after saying that I thought the pro would probably be the way to go. Pure genius on my part!

At this point I don't even remember all the reasons I decided to go with the premium, other than being "a premium guy." Better lighting, etc. I guess.

I was about a week in to my ownership that I knew the pin wasn't going to be for me. Kept it about a month before trying to sell it, and had to keep lowering the price before getting it sold. I *did* play it quite a bit for several weeks, but once I got to Iron Throne a few times and put up scores over 10 billion (12 billion GC score), and confirming how much I dislike mini pf's, I was definitely done.

#461 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

GOT is still the most played pin in my house...even after nearly 6 months. Jeez...I was so happy RobT was back, too - then the guy disses one of my favorite machines.

Sorry boob! In all honesty, I would put it in my Top 3 least favorite pins ever owned. Does that mean that you or anyone else should enjoy it less than you do? Of course not! It doesn't mean I'm right or you are wrong. Just means that the pin was not for me.

Besides, it goes both ways. You don't care for Hobbit at all. When I played one, I couldn't get my money down on one fast enough!

#462 7 years ago

I don't know what the big deal is with the orbit n the le,just move the divertor and be done with it,I played the pro a few weeks ago and really missed the upper playfield

#463 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I got lectured about how the internet works followed up by him doing exactly what he said I can't do... It's quiet funny to watch play out. It's like the naive have been let out into the wild for the first time...

He's the Pinside Etiquette Instructor. You and Centerflank must of been submitted for private tutelage.

#464 7 years ago

I love my GOT LE. A lot of flow and very challenging.

#465 7 years ago

It's like arguing over ice cream flavors. I hate vanilla, but it's all my friend Carl will eat. Somehow we still manage to stay friends. I just don't say "vanilla, gross!" every time we go out for ice cream. (True story BTW)

#466 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It's like arguing over ice cream flavors. I hate vanilla, but it's all my friend Carl will eat. Somehow we still manage to stay friends. I just don't say "vanilla, gross!" every time we go out for ice cream. (True story BTW)

Well, you probably didn't have the vanilla dialed in. Oh wait, do you really understand the rules of vanilla? Obviously not or you'd like it. You have had vanilla ice cream at least 100 times right? Because I didn't like it at first either.

#467 7 years ago

What if your friend is vegan?

#468 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Yeah, seeing tons of GoT Premiums and LEs on the market and very few if any GoT HUO Pros tends to hint at something. I barely ever hear anyone have a positive word to say about the Premium & LE.

Nah. The GoT Premium/LE is fine once you fix the orbit. I would never recommend a GoT Pro over a Premium/LE.

That said, I wish they would have designed the Iron Throne ball drop better. Lots of futzing with a stock machine to get it to STAY in the throne consistently.

#469 7 years ago

Mark my words, Vanilla is going down. Pretty soon they're going to have give Vanilla ice cream away.

#470 7 years ago

Sounds like a game of cones to me.

(Sorry- had to)

#471 7 years ago

I did have a couple guys get ahold of me about the delays....i would speculate that it may be playfields that are holding things back a bit. I speculate because I don't know first hand......nothing they won't remedy. That being said, I did just pick up a GOT pro and I can't get enough of it....the rules, speed, the feel of the shots, audio is pretty sweet too, and the speed!!

#472 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Or on a low carb "way of life"?

#473 7 years ago

Vanilla will be $10k by Christmas.

#474 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I'd love to hear how different then it is compared to medical device manufacturing, consumer electronics manufacturing, furniture manufacturing, auto parts manufacturing, etc. and why turnover would be any different then the aforementioned industries.

It could be considerably different, based on how the owner of one specific company (Stern) manages and treats it's employees. You can make all the industry generalizations you want, but some companies fall outside the box.

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

#475 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

They're probably not my friend.

#476 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It's like arguing over ice cream flavors. I hate vanilla, but it's all my friend Carl will eat.

No more Shasta and lunch meats?

#477 7 years ago

Placed a deposit for 2 GB pro in march, just informed "july?"

#478 7 years ago

Vanilla is the most popular flavor of ice cream. GOT premium is more like mint chocolate chip... With an upper playfield. Haha

#479 7 years ago

They are running GB pre and le for the next 4 weeks.

#480 7 years ago

But if the store is out of vanilla, and you'd be completely satisfied with mint chocolate chip, by all means buy mint chocolate chip, and throw a cherry on top!!

#481 7 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Never thought I would get my Premium before my Pro, but maybe so.

#482 7 years ago

IMO, this is the right way for ice cream.

maxresdefault_(resized).jpgmaxresdefault_(resized).jpg

#483 7 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

I buy le so I get my game early and I am not alone so let's see if these games come out at the same time or close and I will not be an le buyer anymore

#484 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I blame myself for buying a GOT Premium and really disliking it more than I blame Stern for screwing up various aspects of it, such as the orbit. You say that you discovered that mini pf's just aren't your cup of tea based on your purchase of GOT premium. Well, I already knew that I didn't like mini PF's. Yet, I bought GOT premium anyway, even after saying that I thought the pro would probably be the way to go. Pure genius on my part!
At this point I don't even remember all the reasons I decided to go with the premium, other than being "a premium guy." Better lighting, etc. I guess.
I was about a week in to my ownership that I knew the pin wasn't going to be for me. Kept it about a month before trying to sell it, and had to keep lowering the price before getting it sold. I *did* play it quite a bit for several weeks, but once I got to Iron Throne a few times and put up scores over 10 billion (12 billion GC score), and confirming how much I dislike mini pf's, I was definitely done.

Maybe because everyone that wasn't quacking about the art was quacking that the LE was "Steves real game" and the Pro looked stripped down.

#485 7 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Curious for your thoughts on the TZ upper playfield and TSPP upper playfield? I think both of those are integrated really well and enjoy both of them. Wh20 and IJ, too. I despise the GoT upper playfield though. We had a customer return his LE and bought a pro.

My thoughts on TZ, WH20, IJ, etc. are I like games with upper playfields that are more like a ramp with a flipper for one shot or the ball simply rolls through it. I like TZ, Shadow, Transformers, and other games with small interactive playfields without flippers. TZ is different because it uses magnets and not flippers. I just simply do not care for small playfields with flippers like GOT LE/Premium, WPT, Simpsons, Family Guy, Shrek and yes AC/DC under playfield is sub par. I think over time people will find that the GOT Pro is the way to go, I know I am interested in the Pro now and it is on my radar.

#486 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Mark my words, Vanilla is going down. Pretty soon they're going to have give Vanilla ice cream away.

Nope, Vanilla remains the all time champion - never lets you down.

#487 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I don't know what the big deal is with the orbit n the le,just move the divertor and be done with it,I played the pro a few weeks ago and really missed the upper playfield

Can you elaborate please. I have the capgun fix but have not installed yet.

#488 7 years ago

Anyone else notice that all the LE pics on Facebook are number 241? Maybe they started with that number to try to give the impression that they're further along than they are. I would imagine that they've been following this thread.

#489 7 years ago

You can pay to get a requested LE number. This might have been one of those.

#490 7 years ago

They just grab numbers and put them on. They don't build in specific order

#491 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

You can pay to get a requested LE number. This might have been one of those.

Yep it's $100 to request a number. Lower numbers are "more". -- whatever "more" is.

#492 7 years ago

One thing's for sure: people who like upper playfields will tend to buy the games that have them, and people who don't won't. How many are in each camp? Nobody knows.

#493 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

IMO, this is the right way for ice cream.

That looks so good right now

#494 7 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

One thing's for sure: people who like upper playfields will tend to buy the games that have them, and people who don't won't. How many are in each camp? Nobody knows.

I don't like upper mini playfields, and I still bought GOT premium.

#495 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't like upper mini playfields, and I still bought GOT premium.

I think you forgot to remove it from your Collection after you sold it.

#496 7 years ago

I really like fried ice cream.

20160121_Mexican_Ice_CreamHeader-780x364_(resized).png20160121_Mexican_Ice_CreamHeader-780x364_(resized).png

#497 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

BJ_NonDairy_676x355_(resized).jpgBJ_NonDairy_676x355_(resized).jpg

#498 7 years ago

I don't know why people complain about threads going sideways. The last two pages about Stern Delays have been hysterical.

(I know, I know. Not all threads go sideways with ice cream)

#499 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I don't know why people complain about threads going sideways. The last two pages about Stern Delays have been hysterical.
(I know, I know. Not all threads go sideways with ice cream)

Yes... The people waiting on orders from Stern are impressed.

#500 7 years ago

And being entertained helps pass the time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Delta, BC
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

15,699 (OBO)
There are 1,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-delays/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.