Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinmister
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Stern Def Leppard v.s. Stern Van Halen”

• Stern Def Leppard 47 votes
      19%
    • Stern Van Halen 89 votes
      36%
    • Neither, I would rather have a Taylor Swift Stern Machine 47 votes
      19%
    • I like pizza 67 votes
      27%

(250 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

relief.gif
    F668EE4C-1D90-40A3-8D32-3798718D264F (resized).jpeg
    images(2).jpg
    Def Leppard Las Vegas...jpg
    Def Leppard Las Vegas....jpg
    vince n (resized).jpg
    Vince-Neil (resized).jpg
    Chevrolet-Camaro-Z28-T-Top-1982-1984-Photo-04 (resized).jpg
    stadiumtour2020 (resized).jpg
    Your Opinion Man.jpg
    Van Halen.png
    Def Leppard.jpg
    There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

Stern Def Leppard v.s Stern Van Halen

-Which one do you want to see first?

-If Van Halen, do you go with Sammy Hagar, David Lee Roth, or both?
    Def Leppard.jpgDef Leppard.jpgVan Halen.pngVan Halen.png

#2 4 years ago

Def Leppard is fuckin shit. I like Van Halen but for pinball? Nah. Still I chose Halen and 100% with Roth. Hagar sucks and so does Van Halen after 1984. oh yeah.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Def Leppard is fuckin shit.

Your Opinion Man.jpgYour Opinion Man.jpg
    #4 4 years ago

Can you imagine Mean Street playing on a pinball machine-music to my ears

#5 4 years ago

Much rather Motley Crue!

Give me Girls Girls Girls multi ball please...

#6 4 years ago

Definitely Van Halen but Roth era only. I think mixing Roth with Hagar would be a bit of a mess.

#7 4 years ago

Neither of them are my ideal choices but I would go with Van Halen.

#8 4 years ago

It's a tough one becasue Photograph is a great song, but I don't like many others, but they don't bother me.

Van Halen is a great band, Van Hager is shit, III wouldn't be included anyway. So hearing Hager would be garbage fo sho.

What I learned from Maiden is if you have good call outs you can just crank the music down all the way, so I'll just take whichever game is the better playa.

#9 4 years ago

Why is there not a "Queen" pin?

#10 4 years ago

These are two bands that were absolutely mindfuckingly huge in their day but really haven't aged well - in that...the next generation of high schoolers will always listen to Floyd and the Ramones - or at least wear the T-Shirts - but who really gives a fuck about Def Leppard and Van Halen? I would think interest in either of these 80s relics is at an all-time low.

Going for the 80s kids market (40s -50s year olds) I think Van Halen would sell fine, and be a much better choice than Def Leppard, but there's a million other themes that would probably do better.

#11 4 years ago

I’ll take Megadeth over either.

#12 4 years ago

On a VH pinball machine it would be cool to be able to pick which side you want, either to play the Sammy version or the DLR theme. The game title could be Van Halen: The best of both Worlds.

#13 4 years ago

Voted for Taylor Swift. At least she is more recent and attractive. I don't get people that listen to the same music for 40+ years.

#14 4 years ago

Old Van Halen ! Nothing after 1984

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

... I don't get people that listen to the same music for 40+ years.

Because it is great music. It is better than that auto-tune stuff that is out today.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Voted for Taylor Swift. At least she is more recent and attractive.

Nice-need to have a shaker in that machine for the song "Shake it off"

#17 4 years ago

I'll take both. But VH has to Roth.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Going for the 80s kids market (40s -50s year olds)

40 - 50 year olds are the largest buying block in the pinball market.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Yes 40-50 year old white males who wear New Balance shoes-Hey that's me

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

I'll take both. But VH has to Roth.

And there are dozens of themes they are clamoring for over VH or Def Leppard.

Stern could do worse just don't see why they'd seek out these particular two brands. Old news, forgotten relics.

When was the last time you saw ANYBODY wearing a VH t-shirt?

#20 4 years ago

Def Leppard would be great!

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Because it is great music. It is better than that auto-tune stuff that is out today.

There is a lot of other music out there than radio pop song and stuff pre teens listen to. Good music didn't just end in 1985. Not really sure I would call these hair bands "good" either. It was cool back in the 80s when I was in middle school but that stuff hasn't aged well imo.

#22 4 years ago

The crazy fun videos of David Lee Roth with Van Halen. I know this song was not Van Halen.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

There is a lot of other music out there than radio pop song and stuff pre teens listen to. Good music didn't just end in 1985. Not really sure I would call these hair bands "good" either. It was cool back in the 80s when I was in middle school but that stuff hasn't aged well imo.

The music of VH has aged pretty well (DLR at least) but the image and schtick really hasn't. Like I said, nobody is pining for a return for this shit and it's the furthest thing from cool for anybody who isn't 50.

You really HAVE to be 50 to remember how absolutely huge these bands were in their day, and the fact that nobody really gives a shit about them anymore should tell you how poorly they've aged in the pop culture sense.

Hysteria sold like 12 million copies!!!

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The music of VH has aged pretty well (DLR at least) but the image and schtick really hasn't. Like I said, nobody is pining for a return for this shit and it's the furthest thing from cool for anybody who isn't 50.
    Like I said, you really HAVE to be 50 to remember how absolutely huge these bands were in their day, and the fact that nobody really gives a shit about them anymore should tell you how poorly they've aged in the pop culture sense.
    Hysteria sold like 12 million copies!!!

Oh I know. I was there. I was drawing VH logos on my textbooks, rocking Def Leopard shirts, listening to cassettes, and staying up late watching them on Friday Night Videos. But that was a long time ago and things have changed. Now it just seems like music you would hear in a strip club or on radio stations that play the same exact songs every day for decades.

#25 4 years ago

I wonder if a Def Leoard pin will gave a one handed play mode where one of the flippers is disabled.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

I wonder if a Def Leoard pin will gave a one handed play mode where one of the flippers is disabled.

With foot pedals?

#27 4 years ago

Slayer or Judas Priest should be next

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Oh I know. I was there. I was drawing VH logos on my textbooks, rocking Def Leopard shirts, listening to cassettes, and staying up late watching them on Friday Night Videos. But that was a long time ago and things have changed. Now it just seems like music you would hear in a strip club or on radio stations that play the same exact songs every day for decades.

Friday night videos were awesome.

#29 4 years ago

Here we go for Summer of 2020 stadium tour. No VH though!
    Def, Crue, Joan Jett and Poison
    I prefer VH in poll but the Crue would have a cool art and sound
    package in a new pin imo.

stadiumtour2020 (resized).jpgstadiumtour2020 (resized).jpg
    #30 4 years ago
    Quoted from FalconDriver:

Here we go for Summer of 2020 stadium tour. No VH though!
    Def, Crue, Joan Jett and Poison
    I prefer VH in poll but the Crue would have a cool art and sound
    package in a new pin imo.[quoted image]

They all look so happy to be there!

Who is the hair transplant victim wanna be boy band guy on the right?

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Even those who are 50 - even if they have fond memories of the music & time, do they want to spend $8000+ on these bands? The lssionate fan base who’d want to show off a pin in their home doesn’t exist. I’m still shocked that Rush hasn’t happened yet. It’s the ONLY old white man rock theme that still makes sense for pinball. It’s the only band that has that 40-50 year old fan base with a wealthy geeky crossover. Every musician who worships Rush would buy one. Every celeb who worships them would buy one. All the nerds who followed them around to every concert until they stopped touring would buy one.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from FalconDriver:

Here we go for Summer of 2020 stadium tour.

Would I rather sit through that or Taylor Swift is a respectable question. Painfiull.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

God I hate Rush!

I’m with ya.
    I never could get into their music.
    I get that some people absolutely love the band, but it does nothing for me.

#35 4 years ago

I like Pizza and Motley crue

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from thunderking50:

I like Pizza and Motley crue

Well I'm sure you'd get along very well with Vince!

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

God I hate Rush!

Irrelevant to the discussion. Their fan base is 50 year old geeky white guys with money, and celebs & musicians.

If a company was gonna do another rock theme & wanted to sell a bunch - don’t you think Rush hits the exact demographic?

#38 4 years ago

Totally take a VH pin over def leppard....

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They all look so happy to be there!
    Who is the hair transplant victim wanna be boy band guy on the right?

Pale dude behind him does not look well. lol

If Stern does make a hair band pin, you will need to prove you own one of these to get the LE.

Chevrolet-Camaro-Z28-T-Top-1982-1984-Photo-04 (resized).jpgChevrolet-Camaro-Z28-T-Top-1982-1984-Photo-04 (resized).jpg
    #40 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Irrelevant to the discussion. Their fan base is 50 year old geeky white guys with money, and celebs & musicians.
    If a company was gonna do another rock theme & wanted to sell a bunch - don’t you think Rush hits the exact demographic?

I just like saying I hate Rush, regardless of relevancy.

I do think they'd sell a bunch but don't see RUSH as being a slam dunk over any other of the MANY viable classic rock properties that I'd actually enjoy playing. Sabbath, Priest, Who, Floyd, etc...no reason to think Rush is any more of an "exact demographic" lock than those, and they'd all be way more awesomer for me.

Also not sure they "geeky white guy" is really a pinball demo for NIB games. White guy yes but I don't see lots of "geeks" building pinball collections.

Maybe I just like to argue with you. Lord knows we could probably keep this going for days, on the "geeky Rush fans aren't buying pinball machines" tangent alone.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Def Leppard is fuckin shit. I like Van Halen but for pinball? Nah. Still I chose Halen and 100% with Roth. Hagar sucks and so does Van Halen after 1984. oh yeah.

fuck that. Def Leppard is the bomb. but so is van halen. I know i'm the minority here, but i like van Hagar a little better. But both are great. Doesn't matter anyway. Because it's all about layout and rules and theme doesn't mean dick.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Because it's all about layout and rules and theme doesn't mean dick.

Right Neo, on point as always.

Meanwhile Rick and Morty is about to sell out without anybody even seeing a cabinet pic.

Theme doesn't mean dick. it IS dick!

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Pale dude behind him does not look well. lol
    If Stern does make a hair band pin, you will need to prove you own one of these to get the LE.[quoted image]

Yeah Mick Mars is in very rough shape. I hope he at least gets to sit down this tour.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Right Neo, on point as always.
    Meanwhile Rick and Morty is about to sell out without anybody even seeing a cabinet pic.

Just because i'm right, doesn't mean others are still not idiots. You think they would have learned after all that preorder shit that crumbled to the ground like 4-5 years ago.

When Iron Maiden was coming out. I thought to myself. Awesome. A game I wont' be tempted to buy. Didn't listen to iron maiden. Used to have their posters growing up, because I loved the art package they always brought to the table. but never heard a single song of theirs. I assumed they were super heavy so never really took interest. Then the machine comes out. Art package blew me away. Heard the songs, and turns out, they are really fucking good. Then playing it, and learning the rules. It blew my balls off. Everytime I saw it, I couldn't stop playing it. So fuck me......I had to buy one.

#45 4 years ago

Van Halen for the win! Panama as the jackpot track would be sick!!!

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Can you imagine Mean Street playing on a pinball machine-music to my ears

I don't think it's live!

#47 4 years ago

I am probably in the minority here ... but can we take a break from the Rock Band pins ...

#48 4 years ago

so far Tswift and pizza are beating both rock options.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

I am probably in the minority here ... but can we take a break from the Rock Band pins ...

sure. i'm sure taylor swift license is available.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

No , VH and Def would be better.

There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-def-leppard-vs-stern-van-halen-?hl=raegor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.