Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinmister
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Stern Def Leppard v.s. Stern Van Halen”

• Stern Def Leppard 47 votes
      19%
    • Stern Van Halen 89 votes
      36%
    • Neither, I would rather have a Taylor Swift Stern Machine 47 votes
      19%
    • I like pizza 67 votes
      27%

(250 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

relief.gif
    F668EE4C-1D90-40A3-8D32-3798718D264F (resized).jpeg
    images(2).jpg
    Def Leppard Las Vegas...jpg
    Def Leppard Las Vegas....jpg
    vince n (resized).jpg
    Vince-Neil (resized).jpg
    Chevrolet-Camaro-Z28-T-Top-1982-1984-Photo-04 (resized).jpg
    stadiumtour2020 (resized).jpg
    Your Opinion Man.jpg
    Van Halen.png
    Def Leppard.jpg
    There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 4 years ago

Although I listen to much more rock then rap these days, I would love to see a rap battle pin. Individual licensed songs, maybe East vs West vs South vs North. They all have their different styles. Possibly by decades, but geographical representation would be better IMO, 80s and 90s only though.

I personally think they could sell a ton and possibly attract a different demographic. I’m sure there are plenty of Pinsiders that listened to rap, not just the exceptionally vocal metal crowd.

Flame suit on.

#102 4 years ago

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Can you verify it will be a reskin?
    I am holding onto a sliver of hope that Stern is fuc*#ng with us and they are not doing a reskin but a full blown new modern design with LCD? That would be epic and an instant buy. Fingers crossed

I heard Steve Ritchie is working on it, but that it’s a reskin.

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

but that it’s a reskin.

Ughhhh-it makes me sick just thinking about it-what a waste of an epic theme

#105 4 years ago

Reminds me of an argument I had one time about James Bond. Just got done with one of the latest Bond movies and was making a case for Craig being the best Bond and he kept swearing Connery was the best. At the end of the conversation he admitted he hadn't seen any of the Craig Bond movies...

I am a fan of all 3 of the bands, DL and both versions of VH. I tend to lean towards Hagar as he has a better voice and is hands down a better musician. Yeah Dave is probably one of the best "front men", but I'm not going to see shows anymore. I'm just listening to the music and not seeing the crazy parties and antics anymore and that's why I give the edge to Sammy. Both have great songs, but if you take out the covers and instrumentals, VH put out more music with Hagar and much more refined. I love the Dave 3 and a half minute songs as much as anybody in here, but if I choose to put on a VH album it's always 5150 or the last 2 Sammy records. OU812 had a few moments but it doesn't get much play anymore.

For Def Leppard, hell my favorite album, and it's not even close is Slang. Other than the title track, not many DL fans can name more than one song on that album. If you're scratching your head right now, go give it a listen. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

If I had to choose, I'm done with music pins and sign me up for Rick and Morty!

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from Groo:

I'm done with music pins

I always here the voice in my head-'You are done with music pins'-been there-done that.

Then another little voice kicks the other little voices ass-and says hell no-music pins rock!

Metallica is in my top 5, still loving my Mick on a stick, Tommy is awesome and never gets old, really looking forward to see what JJP does with Guns and Roses(should be sweet!)

#107 4 years ago

Love the music from both bands. Def leppard have some amazing tunes but the band was never 'cool' as such and never an image driven band. A Lee Roth era Van Halen pinball would blow my mind and I will put my money down right now if someone builds one. I'd buy a Journey pinball too!

#108 4 years ago

Def Leppard would be an awesome pin

#109 4 years ago

Fck it! Build VH, Def and crue it would be the trifecta in my house. I love having options plus Ive passed on the last few titles on theme alone.

#110 4 years ago

VH too, with Atomic Punk in the soundtrack of course

#111 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Yes great music is timeless, I voted for Def Leppard because I still listen to their songs, especially recently after seeing them months ago in concert. I love every one of their songs, and I think they could do a lot under the world of glass, especially with Hysteria. Van Halen would also be great, but I do not find myself listening to Van Halen unless it happens to come on the radio. I cant remember the last time I was interested in listening to Motley Crue, I remember a brief fascination in Middle School with Dr. Feel Good but that quickly faded away. Not many bands left that peak my interest. I already know I will not be interested in Led Zeppelin if they are doing a Quicksilver re-skin(huge waste of #1 rock band theme and really disappointed they are doing a re-skin?)
    Only other bands that I may be interested in a pinball machine being made...Black Sabbath, Cream, CCR, Queen, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Journey, Duran Duran, Alice in Chains, Dr. Dre, Michael Jackson, Talking Heads, and The Beach Boys.
    I tell you what-Def Leppard still has that magic feeling and they are in great shape for their age. One of the best concerts I have ever seen and I am looking forward to this summers stadium tour. If you ever get a chance to see them live-they do not disappoint.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Saw DL twice last year and can’t wait to see them again next year. Actually saw them a couple other times. First time in 83 when I was 13 years old and then 87.

F668EE4C-1D90-40A3-8D32-3798718D264F (resized).jpegF668EE4C-1D90-40A3-8D32-3798718D264F (resized).jpeg
    #112 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Can you verify it will be a reskin?
    I am holding onto a sliver of hope that Stern is fuc*#ng with us and they are not doing a reskin but a full blown new modern design with LCD? That would be epic and an instant buy. Fingers crossed

From what I know that reskin is all smoke and mirrors.

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Even those who are 50 - even if they have fond memories of the music & time, do they want to spend $8000+ on these bands? The lssionate fan base who’d want to show off a pin in their home doesn’t exist. I’m still shocked that Rush hasn’t happened yet. It’s the ONLY old white man rock theme that still makes sense for pinball. It’s the only band that has that 40-50 year old fan base with a wealthy geeky crossover. Every musician who worships Rush would buy one. Every celeb who worships them would buy one. All the nerds who followed them around to every concert until they stopped touring would buy one.

No doubt a Rush pin would be incredibly popular & would definitely sell like wildfire. If a Rush pin was introduced, the anticipation & presale orders would go through the roof. Put Keith Elwin on it & the possibilities would be endless. A Rush pin will eventually happen, as there will be 10,000 people on the waiting list. This is a no-brainer title for this would be the pinnacle of all music pins.

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ockeyhead:

No doubt a Rush pin would be incredibly popular & would definitely sell like wildfire. If a Rush pin was introduced, the anticipation & presale orders would go through the roof. Put Keith Elwin on it & the possibilities would be endless. A Rush pin will eventually happen, as there will be 10,000 people on the waiting list. This is a no-brainer title for this would be the pinnacle of all music pins.

Everybody thinks all of the above about their “dream theme.”

I remember there was an honest post from somebody who thought Ghostbusters would outsell Addams family.

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

From what I know that reskin is all smoke and mirrors.

relief.gifrelief.gif
    #116 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Everybody thinks all of the above about their “dream theme.”
    I remember there was an honest post from somebody who thought Ghostbusters would outsell Addams family.

Worldwide or just the America’s? You mean it didn’t? Huh. Stern Army propaganda flyers are due any day now.

1 week later
    #117 4 years ago

There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-def-leppard-vs-stern-van-halen-/page/3?hl=simbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.