Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinmister
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Stern Def Leppard v.s. Stern Van Halen”

• Stern Def Leppard 47 votes
      19%
    • Stern Van Halen 89 votes
      36%
    • Neither, I would rather have a Taylor Swift Stern Machine 47 votes
      19%
    • I like pizza 67 votes
      27%

(250 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

relief.gif
    F668EE4C-1D90-40A3-8D32-3798718D264F (resized).jpeg
    images(2).jpg
    Def Leppard Las Vegas...jpg
    Def Leppard Las Vegas....jpg
    vince n (resized).jpg
    Vince-Neil (resized).jpg
    Chevrolet-Camaro-Z28-T-Top-1982-1984-Photo-04 (resized).jpg
    stadiumtour2020 (resized).jpg
    Your Opinion Man.jpg
    Van Halen.png
    Def Leppard.jpg
    There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 4 years ago

Two great bands for sure. Ive seen both live several times. I own every record both bands have put out being that said I still think Mötley Crew would make a killer pinball machine. From their art to their harder style it fits pinball. I dont think VH or Def could ascertain the whole package like Motley could.

#52 4 years ago

My vote is for Motley Crue but only if there is a Vince Neil bash toy like the walker in TWD..
    Vince-Neil (resized).jpgVince-Neil (resized).jpg

vince n (resized).jpgvince n (resized).jpg
    #53 4 years ago

The only real problem with bands like Motely Crue is they fucking suck For playing Pinball. Or washing dishes, mowing the yard, listening to music...etc
    Besides that they were popular once....so they got that going for them.

#54 4 years ago

I’d get a Def Leppard LE sight unseen.

Not a lot of people are giving their newer music a try...real shame cause it’s good.

#55 4 years ago

I'm 35 love classic rock and wouldn't want either of these

#56 4 years ago

Tell me Tommy Lee playing his drum set upside down moving across the playfield dropping pinballs playing Some ol situation multiball would not be bad frkn Ass!

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Pale dude behind him does not look well. lol
    If Stern does make a hair band pin, you will need to prove you own one of these to get the LE.[quoted image]

I got one of those still and I'm going to try to sell it in the spring. Maybe I'll hold off until I get my LE first then.

#58 4 years ago

I'd rather play a Taylor Swift pin
    Still wish someone would step outside the box and consider hip hop. Beastie Boys, Eminem, Snoop/Dre, Public Enemy..
    Slayer or Motley Crue would be my choice for dream theme rock pins.

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

Tell me Tommy Lee playing his drum set upside down moving across the playfield dropping pinballs playing Some ol situation multiball would not be bad frkn Ass!

That does sound awesome....but a bit pricey. How aboot we give you a moving Tommy Lee Drum kit in the form of a slimer target?

#60 4 years ago

However, I am interested to see what JJP is going to do with GnR. I wonder if they reset the bar ...

#61 4 years ago

Wow, pizza and hard livin took a toll on these 80s bands.
    Leppard gets my vote as they have held up ok.
    I have more respect for the Stones after that pic.

#62 4 years ago

I could only name one song from each of those bands....but that's more than the zero Taylor Swift songs I know. I'm voting pizza.

#63 4 years ago

I'd rather see Motley Crue. More in your face, high intensity, on edge music to rock too. And the art would be way better. Think Centaur meets AC/DC.

Thanks
    Blake

#64 4 years ago

regardless of who they decide to choose as the next stern rock themed game, I hope for the love of god that they use live footage from the band! I saw Motley Crue live during the carnival of sins tour, and I'd hate to see them use some cartoon mascot instead of an actual performance.

#65 4 years ago

Neither. We're maxed out on music pins with lead singers with shit voices.

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

I saw Motley Crue live during the carnival of sins tour, and I'd hate to see them use some cartoon mascot instead of an actual performance.

This was always the big fear moving to LCD video screen. Metallica is an awesome game w/ awesome animation. I might not even let it in my home if it had nothing but a bunch of Metllica music videos in it; worst thing possible

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

This was always the big fear moving to LCD video screen. Metallica is an awesome game w/ awesome animation. I might not even let it in my home if it had nothing but a bunch of Metllica music videos in it; worst thing possible

Maybe not Met but there are a lot of great bands being thrown out there as possible titles that I think their performances deserve to be shown instead of turned into a cutesy cartoon mascot. you could have a happy combination of the two as well, but I'm getting tired of seeing animations when you have an LCD screen at your disposal.

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

The crazy fun videos of David Lee Roth with Van Halen. I know this song was not Van Halen.

some of the best videos ever.

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

maybe, but surely not with that song.

#71 4 years ago

Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd would both sell MUCH better than any titles mentioned thus far... Many didn't think the Beatles pin would ever happen so why not? Doubt that I would buy either unless Elwin did the design.

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

When was the last time you saw ANYBODY wearing a VH t-shirt?

Hahahaaaaaaaa.

I wear VH shirts all the time. And ACDC. And RATT. And Crue.
    I agree that VH are not "huge" now. But I would like a pin with their music.

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

God I hate Rush!

Quoted from Coindork:

I’m with ya.
    I never could get into their music.
    I get that some people absolutely love the band, but it does nothing for me.

obviously never picked up a musical instrument in your lives. 3 of the best musicians to ever come out of Canada.

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

The only real problem with bands like Motely Crue is they fucking suck for listening to music...

Spit out my coffee... lolz
    -mof

#75 4 years ago

What’s with all this hair metal talk? Give me Motörhead or Judas Priest with Centaur style art, that is all.

#76 4 years ago

Please no more rock bands.

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

Why is there not a "Queen" pin?

My two dream pins from Stern would be... Queen and Addams Family from the original show.

#78 4 years ago

Van Halen with David Lee Roth and this shouldn’t even be up for debate because David Lee Roth IS Van Halen, and before anyone gets mad this is coming from a HUGE Sammy Hagar fan. I love what Sammy did with Van Halen but David Lee Roth is what made Van Halen who they are today.

#79 4 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Voted for Taylor Swift. At least she is more recent and attractive. I don't get people that listen to the same music for 40+ years.

Great music is timeless. As a pinball machine? Nope. I’m still stuck in the eighties and fine with it.

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

What’s with all this hair metal talk? Give me Motörhead or Judas Priest with Centaur style art, that is all.

Have you seen the Motorhead Born to lose, live to pin yet? That's looking pretty badass

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Great music is timeless

Yes great music is timeless, I voted for Def Leppard because I still listen to their songs, especially recently after seeing them months ago in concert. I love every one of their songs, and I think they could do a lot under the world of glass, especially with Hysteria. Van Halen would also be great, but I do not find myself listening to Van Halen unless it happens to come on the radio. I cant remember the last time I was interested in listening to Motley Crue, I remember a brief fascination in Middle School with Dr. Feel Good but that quickly faded away. Not many bands left that peak my interest. I already know I will not be interested in Led Zeppelin if they are doing a Quicksilver re-skin(huge waste of #1 rock band theme and really disappointed they are doing a re-skin?)

Only other bands that I may be interested in a pinball machine being made...Black Sabbath, Cream, CCR, Queen, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Journey, Duran Duran, Alice in Chains, Dr. Dre, Michael Jackson, Talking Heads, and The Beach Boys.

I tell you what-Def Leppard still has that magic feeling and they are in great shape for their age. One of the best concerts I have ever seen and I am looking forward to this summers stadium tour. If you ever get a chance to see them live-they do not disappoint.
    Def Leppard Las Vegas....jpgDef Leppard Las Vegas....jpgDef Leppard Las Vegas...jpgDef Leppard Las Vegas...jpg

#82 4 years ago

Neither one...give me Spinal Tap instead.

#83 4 years ago

Motley Crue seems to have better "story" songs but I wouldn't mind a Stadium Tour machine with Crue, Def Leppard, Poison and Joan Jett.

Queen is the next "dream" music machine for me, unless someone decides its a good idea to make a Suicidal Tendencies one, lol.

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

obviously never picked up a musical instrument in your lives. 3 of the best musicians to ever come out of Canada.

Yo-Yo ma is a better "musician" than anybody in Rush. I assume you have the box set. And really, who cares? So they are better musicians than the Guess Who or the Tragically Hip? Wow.

I play guitar and drums but it's irrelevant and a dumb criticism anyway. You've never made a pinball machine but I'm sure you have plenty of opinions on them. You've never made a Star Wars sequel but you probably have plenty to say about Phantom Menace. And you can "pick up an instrument" and still despise the inane caterwauling, sterile noodling, and 10th grade Alex P Keaton Ayn Rand politics of Rush.

That being said, I enjoy a good listen of "Working Man" now and again. Hard to believe that's the same band who cranked out dreck like "Roll the Bones."

#85 4 years ago

I play guitar, so I absolutely LOVE Van Halen. Top 5 band for me, for sure. (I'm talking Roth here). Would absolutely get a VH machine (DLR era of course).

If you're a fan, read Van Halen Rising by a buddy of mine, Greg Renoff. Great read: https://amzn.to/2RtIR4a

I like some Def Leppard too, but it's really cheesy, even compared to VH.

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yo-Yo ma is a better "musician" than anybody in Rush.

What the fuck does that have to do with Canadia eh?

#87 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yo-Yo ma is a better "musician" than anybody in Rush. I assume you have the box set. And really, who cares? So they are better musicians than the Guess Who or the Tragically Hip? Wow.
    I play guitar and drums but it's irrelevant and a dumb criticism anyway. You've never made a pinball machine but I'm sure you have plenty of opinions on them. You've never made a Star Wars sequel but you probably have plenty to say about Phantom Menace. And you can "pick up an instrument" and still despise the inane caterwauling, sterile noodling, and 10th grade Alex P Keaton Ayn Rand politics of Rush.
    That being said, I enjoy a good listen of "Working Man" now and again. Hard to believe that's the same band who cranked out dreck like "Roll the Bones."

sure you do! if that was the case, their musicianship alone would make you appreciate the talent even if you didn't appreciate the songs!

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

sure you do! if that was the case, their musicianship alone would make you appreciate the talent even if you didn't appreciate the songs!

Yes, I appreciate their talent, like I appreciate the skill of an opera diva or the world's greatest polka band.

Please don't make me listen to them.

#89 4 years ago

Will Hendrix ever get a pin?

images(2).jpgimages(2).jpg
    #90 4 years ago

Apparently Levi never got the memo that it's no longer cool to hate Rush.

My opinion of him just fell through the floor, with him dismissing their musicianship. Must have been trolling. Actual musicians consistently rate all three of them at or near the top of their crafts.

Hey, his loss!

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That does sound awesome....but a bit pricey. How aboot we give you a moving Tommy Lee Drum kit in the form of a slimer target?

Something like Champion Pub, bash the drums.

#92 4 years ago

Neither. I want a Prince machine. He's was the greatest musician I ever saw perform and has sold over 100 million records and has a ton of hits with good variety. Would be nice to have something other than a rock pin. I doubt he would have agreed to do a license when he was alive but his estate seems to give the green light on just about everything these days! The newly released 1999 box set is insanely good. Check it out.

#93 4 years ago

VH with Roth ! Nothing else even comes close

#94 4 years ago
    Quoted from mollyspub:

VH with Roth !

I have to agree, while I do appreciate Sammy-we need to have the scissor kicks somehow incorporated into the machine. Maybe having a mini David with flippers as his legs that flip outwards and up? David doing the splits Panama style? So much potential here I could go on and on.

#95 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes, I appreciate their talent, like I appreciate the skill of an opera diva or the world's greatest polka band.
    Please don't make me listen to them.

whatever goes in, comes out eventually. maybe give it a try, might improve your playing!

#96 4 years ago

Tough call on the poll question. I want to pick either def leopard or van halen, but I like pizza...

#97 4 years ago

There should have been a poll option for

"Neither!! For God's sake don't we already have enough music pins??"

That would get my vote

#98 4 years ago

As far as these 2 titles are concerned, Def Leppard wins. They are more liked by the female audience (hence easier to get the family pin buyer) and the group is still touring actively. Also since they are from the British heavy metal movement they would transcend better globally in sales.

However I'd love a classic Roth era Van Halen pin myself.

*Didn't Nikki Sixx say on his Sixx AM radio show a Crue pin was coming ? What happened with that ?

#99 4 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd would both sell MUCH better than any titles mentioned thus far... Many didn't think the Beatles pin would ever happen so why not? Doubt that I would buy either unless Elwin did the design.

I'm sure we will see a Zepp pin from Stern in 2020

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

I'm sure we will see a Zepp pin from Stern in 2020

Can you verify it will be a reskin?

I am holding onto a sliver of hope that Stern is fuc*#ng with us and they are not doing a reskin but a full blown new modern design with LCD? That would be epic and an instant buy. Fingers crossed

There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-def-leppard-vs-stern-van-halen-/page/2?hl=imagamejunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.