Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by KCViking
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Deposit was put down for Deadpool Pro $1000 last month but ive been told now I'll be paying $1200 more as it will be produced next year
    I have AFMR LE, MMR LE and MBR LE so do I cancel and divert funds to a CCR standard edition?
    Let me know opinions

#2 2 years ago

My opinion? I’d sell your CGC LEs to fund like 5 new games

#3 2 years ago

It crossed my mind
    There is so much demand over supply for pinball machines atm
    All have the same LE no.
    Might get $50000-60000 AUD for the 3 so yes 5-6 new games

#4 2 years ago

Personally, looking at your collection I'd mix it up with a different 3 flipper game but understand that may not be your jam in which case I'd pick Deadpool over CCr. IMO out of the 4 remakes you've got the best 3

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from NoSkills:

Personally, looking at your collection I'd mix it up with a different 3 flipper game but understand that may not be your jam in which case I'd pick Deadpool over CCr. IMO out of the 4 remakes you've got the best 3

Yep agree cant get rid off the 3 LE s - played AFMR the other day and walked away saying what a game - no wonder its top 10

Having to pick a game to sell is like selling which one of your children so selling existing games wont happen - only way is increase collection!

Deadpool gives the collection more variety with its unique fun gameplay and reading the reviews sounds like its going to be a winner long term for playability and resale

#6 2 years ago

Deadpool is personally my favorite pin so I’m definitely going with that. I only played CC a few times but I never thought the original was even that great to begin with. The case for resale may potentially be in favor of CC later on but if it’s just buying for enjoyment, it’s hard to beat DP.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from NoSkills:

Yep agree cant get rid off the 3 LE s - played AFMR the other day and walked away saying what a game - no wonder its top 10

Having to pick a game to sell is like selling which one of children so selling existing games wont happen - only way is increase collection!

Deadpool gives the collection more variety with its unique fun gameplay and reading the reviews sounds like its going to be a winner long term for playability and resale

Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Deadpool is personally my favorite pin so I’m definitely going with that. I only played CC a few times but I never thought the original was even that great to begin with. The case for resale may potentially be in favor of CC later on but if it’s just buying for enjoyment, it’s hard to beat DP.

atm 60% DP 40% CCR

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrTilt:

played AFMR the other day and walked away saying what a game - no wonder its top 10

DP is top 10 also. I owned an AFM for years, was fun but pretty simple by modern standards and I eventually saw all it had to offer. In my opinion DP is one of the best modern games. Unlike the other titles they've remade, Cactus Canyon was never a top 10 game and is feasible as a remake only because it was rare.

#9 2 years ago

I'd get CCr LE to experience the interactive topper and everything the LE brings and then sell after you've had your fun. You'll likely never get the LE cheaper than NIB (see: your other CGC LEs).

#10 2 years ago

Deadpool will be easier to pick up later long term at a reasonable price. I'm getting a CCR because I like western themes and the code will be vastly better given recent announcements. If you wait and miss out on a CCR you'll most likely have to pay over MSRP to get one. I do like Deadpool, one of my favorite Sterns. Unless the pinball market takes a dive in the opposite direction you'll always be able to sell CCR and break even or make a bunch extra.

#11 2 years ago

DP. Get a Prem if you can. It’s one of those games where it’s worth getting the upgrade. The Pro is good though

CGC makes a great product but for me MB is a distant third from AFM and MM. CCCr likely won’t be up there with AFM and MM and this guess is just from me playing the original game.

#12 2 years ago

Atm
    70% DP
    30% CCR
    Thanks for feedback

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

CGC makes a great product but for me MB is a distant third from AFM and MM. CCCr likely won’t be up there with AFM and MM and this guess is just from me playing the original game.

Very true statement on the fun factor of the remakes. MM is basically AFM with a castle and both games are loads of fun. MBRLE lasted about 6 months in my collection. It's pretty wood coppy IMO. When I've played CC in the past, I felt it was beneath MB. Bearing in mind that it wasn't the continued code.

However, the CCrLE will go up in value for two reasons - rampant inflation that looks like be around for quite a while and its limited.

#14 2 years ago

Dp. Easily. Cc fun, for about 5 minutes. Dp moved up in top 20 last few years, now top 10. Dp pro = a great pick vs. cc and unknown code.

Also, when will you get cc? 2023?

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Very true statement on the fun factor of the remakes. MM is basically AFM with a castle and both games are loads of fun. MBRLE lasted about 6 months in my collection. It's pretty wood coppy IMO. When I've played CC in the past, I felt it was beneath MB. Bearing in mind that it wasn't the continued code.
    However, the CCrLE will go up in value for two reasons - rampant inflation that looks like be around for quite a while and its limited.

I agree. I have both AFM and MM, which looks like the OP also has, and even though they are similar owning both just works! I looked hard at MB but passed, but the LE is a work of art. CCr will also be a stunner but I just have a feeling after 100 games it will take me a while to get the next 100 games played. Value wise it’s a safe bet though, but everything kinda is.

I have been around the block being in pinball for a while and I am past the point of “I will just buy this or that because it will hold its value” and I only buy games I know I will enjoy. That is why I won’t auto buy CGC’s anymore even though they are a safe bet.

Thanks for sharing

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrTilt:

Deposit was put down for Deadpool Pro $1000 last month but ive been told now I'll be paying $1200 more as it will be produced next year
    I have AFMR LE, MMR LE and MBR LE so do I cancel and divert funds to a CCR standard edition?
    Let me know opinions

Premiums went up $1200 not pros. If it did find a new distributor

#17 2 years ago

DP all the way unless you want to keep CCR in the box or put hardly any plays on it and flip it.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrTilt:

Let me know opinions

Did you purchase through Zax or AMD? I put a deposit on a DP Prem in June, haven't heard anything regarding extra cost.

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Did you purchase through Zax or AMD? I put a deposit on a DP Prem in June, haven't heard anything regarding extra cost.

Yeah through zax

They told me if they build and ship this year you pay the current pricing $9450 for pro
    Now $9750 with connect but if they build next year mostly like Feb March you be paying $10650
    For pro

#21 2 years ago

This is the reason I’m now considering CCR standard because of the huge Stern Price rise

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrTilt:

This is the reason I’m now considering CCR standard because of the huge Stern Price rise

Two things.....first I don't believe they're going to have a standard/classic edition. Just a special edition and a LE. Secondly, Stern had a price hike of $1200 due to part shortages and the cost of labor right now is thru the roof. That being sad (CGC) will be going through the same thing. It might not look like a price increase due to them never releasing a price but I can promise you that it'll be much higher now than if they would have released CCr 2 years ago when they planned on it.

#23 2 years ago

I've played Deadpool on a couple of occasions (on freeplay so lots of ball time) and honestly I don't get what the fuss is all about. It is a fun game? Sure. Is it THAT great? In my opinion, no.

I would 100% go for a CCre, I'm sure it will be a classic game with the updated rules. Plus I really like the western theme in general for a pin.

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrTilt:

Yeah through zax
    They told me if they build and ship this year you pay the current pricing $9450 for pro
    Now $9750 with connect but if they build next year mostly like Feb March you be paying $10650
    For pro

Did they contact you regarding the price change? My DP Prem order is with Zax and haven't heard anything.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Did they contact you regarding the price change? My DP Prem order is with Zax and haven't heard anything.

No, i was asking them to find out when deadpool pro is going to happen or not since I put a $1000 deposit and then i discussed the price rise/s i noticed on various websites but my deposit doesnt mean the price on paper $9450 is locked in as its not a guaranteed order because Stern cannot confirm when or if production of deadpool pro will done and/or allocated to Australian market

#26 2 years ago

Just wait a little longer to decide, my hunch is CGC will have a bit more information than just about CCr ??

#27 2 years ago

wait until you know what they will do with the new CC software

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

My opinion? I’d sell your CGC LEs to fund like 5 new games

I second this.

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I've played Deadpool on a couple of occasions (on freeplay so lots of ball time) and honestly I don't get what the fuss is all about.

Of course u don't its not a B/W game. I love all those classics as well, although I never cared much for CC but they can't compare anymore to the best of modern pinball machines.

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I've played Deadpool on a couple of occasions (on freeplay so lots of ball time) and honestly I don't get what the fuss is all about. It is a fun game? Sure. Is it THAT great? In my opinion, no.
    I would 100% go for a CCre, I'm sure it will be a classic game with the updated rules. Plus I really like the western theme in general for a pin.

It’s one of those home environments type of a game to really appreciate; shots, music, sound, rules, art, diversity, etc…it has the total package.

Quoted from MrTilt:

Let me know opinions

I know it’s probably not an option, but DP premium really is the best way to go. That left loop alone gives the game so much more flow rather than the stop n pop(s) feel of the pro. Might want to go CCR for that reason alone; but a Deadpool or other stern would give your lineup some diversity. Have you thought about Godzilla? Pro and premium look to be monsters (pun intended).

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Premiums went up $1200 not pros. If it did find a new distributor

Pros went up $1200 here in Australia.

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrTilt:

Let me know opinions

The Cactus Canyon (Remake - Special Edition) code is yet to be seen. Now that we know Lyman is working for CGC it could be exceptional.

#33 2 years ago

I am in the same situation as MrTilt. AFMr and MMRr are my only two pins, so I put money down on DP premium. However, if the DP purchase gets screwed up, I wont be buying CCr. I was interested and intended to buy as soon as it was released but after spending some more time playing it, I changed my mind.

2 weeks later
    #34 2 years ago

I go for cactus canyon. I love Deadpool premium, but if its a pro, have to go cactus canyon. One of the best games I have ever played. And they should improve it with code.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-deadpool-pro-vs-cactus-canyon-classic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.