You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

94DE32C2-8371-4CA5-ADD9-0F6EFD4C4E80 (resized).jpeg
A52EC330-0D1C-4CC2-A35E-5388A2C21809 (resized).jpeg
2D5459A3-58B7-45DA-B894-C656322F7323 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

Hi I'm new here so hopefully this is the correct place for this question, if not I'm sure someone will give me a nudge in the right direction.

I've recently brought a CSI machine, all was well for a few weeks but today as soon as I press the start button the centrifuge spins. It will spin until the ball is lost then stop. As soon as the next ball is ejected it starts again. Diagnostics / switch test says " centrifuge enter last sw. #33 GRN-ORG / WHT-BRN"

I've exhausted my extensive knowledge. That means looked for any Green and Orange or White and Brown wires near the centrifuge and didn't find any. Knowledge exhausted!

I had a wild guess that it might be one of optical switches being activated and thinking a ball had entered but trying to make it think a ball had come out did nothing ( well actually I managed to make it spin even faster Doh!) I was wondering if one of the optical switches could have moved giving the impression a ball was permanently in the way but before I did anything stupid I thought I'd do something sensible and ask for advice.

Can anyone suggest what might cause this. Any help at all would be very much appreciated.

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from Pop_bumper:

Any help at all would be very much appreciated.

Go into diagnostics - tech reports - anything there ?

Switch Test - check optos there. ( reseat their connectors too )

LTG : )

#3 3 years ago

IIRC, the way those optos at the Centrifuge entry were mounted made it fairly (too) easy for them to get out of alignment. Make sure those optos actually point _at_ each other.

#4 3 years ago

Opto has falling off more than likely. Check the metal brackets also they might be loose. If your optos plastics are stripped use a drop of glue on the screws to keep them from coming loose.

2D5459A3-58B7-45DA-B894-C656322F7323 (resized).jpeg2D5459A3-58B7-45DA-B894-C656322F7323 (resized).jpeg94DE32C2-8371-4CA5-ADD9-0F6EFD4C4E80 (resized).jpeg94DE32C2-8371-4CA5-ADD9-0F6EFD4C4E80 (resized).jpegA52EC330-0D1C-4CC2-A35E-5388A2C21809 (resized).jpegA52EC330-0D1C-4CC2-A35E-5388A2C21809 (resized).jpeg
#5 3 years ago

Thanks for your help guys. The screws that held the opto mount to the centrifuge top cover had worked loose. I tightened them and it works again. I hope any future issues are so easily resolved.

#6 3 years ago

for you, PB. Enjoy your CSI!

(Loved mine, but it got swapped out for my DILE; thinking seriously of re-buying it when I move to a bigger house, especially now that there's a ColorDMD for it.)

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

IIRC, the way those optos at the Centrifuge entry were mounted made it fairly (too) easy for them to get out of alignment. Make sure those optos actually point at_ each other.

That’s true. I made some home made plastics with the correct alignment.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-csi-centrifuge-permanently-spinning?hl=jwjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.