Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 171 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mqdefault (resized).jpg
    1535745_700778156634177_1007177668_n_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dkazz1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 8 years ago

How dare they actually make a profit selling games..........who cares what they are making. Don't like their price? Don't buy the damn game.

#55 8 years ago

That's true Levi, but no company in their right mind is going to divulge their gross profit margin or dist cost in a public forum.

#57 8 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

In my field, when I want a piece of equipment, I can only deal with my local distributor. If I go out of the area, no distributor will sell to me. These are rules that Wirtgen, CAT, John Deere, Komatsu, etc. come up with.
    I understand Stern not wanting their distributors openly competing with one another.

That's pretty common in many industries, they don't want the distributors cannibalizing off of one another. The big thing people need to realize is they (Stern) build machines with not a lot of excess inventory sitting out there. It's a different animal than what it used to be.

#68 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I agree. No reason to think Stern would ever share this info.
    I always think it's funny when people come here to brag about some great deal they got, not realizing when they try to sell the game in 6 months everybody will hold that against them.

Yes indeed, how dare they make a dollar off of a game when the market demands a higher price point?

#71 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jasontaps:

Yes, but this is pinball. Basically toys.
    No matter which manufacturer, I would be selling pins at Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Costco (like The Pin was) or wherever else I could get exposure.

Sure, if you want to over saturate the market and drive Stern's profits in the toilet, go ahead and sell to wal-mart........

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dkazz1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-cost-to-make-a-machine?tu=dkazz1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.