Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 171 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mqdefault (resized).jpg
    1535745_700778156634177_1007177668_n_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from sparechange1974:

Lets breakdown the math and come up with a rough starting point just for fun. The ad says 80 full time people and 80 part time along with max capacity of 75 games per day. I believe the ad had some sales fluff in it and for example's sake I used 30 games per day. This isn't my industry or profession, so go easy on me, just wanted to start the business model and see how it works out.
    -80 full time people(based on the Linked In ad) at roughly $45,000 per year average including benefits(health care, payroll taxes, etc)
    -This gives us 3,600,000 annually for full time payroll or $300,000 per month
    -Rent-I'm guessing here, but lets say they pay a $50,000 rent factor per month
    -30 Games per day average assuming 20 days production per month=600 games per month.
    -Part time labor-$11/hour times 80 people 20 hours per week=76,266 monthly cost
    Labor only =$426,266 or $710 per game(this is assuming 100 percent efficiency which probably never happens), parts delays would add to labor costs substantially. This would be the slow bleed to bankruptcy in the manufacturing business I would think.
    Parts cost= -$2800-$3600 Pro vs Premium
    So this gives us a rough cost of:
    $2800+$710 labor=$3510..00x 25% margin(on the pro) =$4387.50
    $3600+$710 labor=$4310. x 40% margin (on the premium)=$6010.00
    Maybe labor is higher and parts are lower(not my industry) and this is just for fun. I didn't do the LE, but obviously this would be the highest margin by example.

I cld see the numbers being around that .

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-cost-to-make-a-machine?tu=bigd1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.