(Topic ID: 246144)

Stern games go online - along competing Scorbit platform for B/W/G/ !

By goingincirclez

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lrd (resized).JPG
    C585F4E5-2245-4C30-8929-A16882F48045 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 4 years ago

I'm just glad to see that Ed Cheung is still around in pinball. That dude is the bomb, for everything he did for Space Shuttle owners over the years, before things like repro playfields and shuttle toys were available.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

As the capabilities of our equipment change, the nature of our competition may change too. Time will tell.

Won't be IFPA. The whole reason that 'selfie leagues' were removed from official rankings sanctioning would be more than enough to justify not accepting internet scores for tournaments. You have me play your game on a game you're bad on, then enter your initials. You do the same for me on a game I'm terrible at. We both get to go to finals, and agree to split the prize if one of us wins. People just can't be held accountable in situations like these, and WILL find a way to exploit it.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Selfie leagues are still sanctioned. They just only generate WPPRs for the finals portion, the selfie part is used for seeding.
    https://www.ifpapinball.com/menu/ranking-info/

Can you slice that truffle a little thinner, I can't see through it yet..lol...

Seriously though, you know what I mean. While seeding can offer a small-or-not advantage in a tournament, those scores aren't being used to determine actual matches, just as you wouldn't use scores from tables that could be set up any which-way to do so. Do I think IFPA would allow use of Scorbit in the same way selfies are? Sure...because it's still confined to one location, where the finals will presumably take place (is that kosher or not to have finals elsewhere...seems shitty to me to do that...but people.) but do I want to be seeded against Joe Schmoe that took the glass off his LOTR at home and 'got to Valinor'...nope. ifpapinball chime in, this is really interesting.

#48 4 years ago

I had no clue Matchplay had it's own ratings.

Hey, I'm in the top 100. That's awesome.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-coming-online-along-competing-scorbit-platform-for-b-w-g-?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.