(Topic ID: 246144)

Stern games go online - along competing Scorbit platform for B/W/G/ !

By goingincirclez

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lrd (resized).JPG
    C585F4E5-2245-4C30-8929-A16882F48045 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

To me, this is where I see this being exciting: getting tournament play at a single location streamlined. Imagine a high-end pinball location where a bunch (or all) the machines are setup for streaming beforehand and players (1,2,3,4) are assigned beforehand with the scores updated real-time to their players in the system. Seems dreamy to me.

This is exactly what scorebit does. Along with seeing the 4 players that are up, their scores will always be shown and the current players score will update in real time. No more wondering what the current scores are.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I believe their next goal is league integration so you can setup tournaments and leagues and have plays imputing scores directly and uploading it to IFPA.

I don’t the the ifpa will ever sanction events that aren’t in person with direct play components.

#36 4 years ago

I meant that kinda like now, how you can be on the IFPA mobile website and upload scores during each heat at an event, using Pindigo you could do the same thing which might be easier for each player

Still not sure what you mean. Do you have experience with Matchplay? It’s been used for players submitting their own scores and results for tournaments for years.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I don't know what Andreas had in mind with the Matchplay ratings.

To be better and more easily understood than the IFPA ratings which weren't really an exact science. I think the ifpa ratings have been tweaked since then too.

Yes that’s what I was talking about. As far as I was told at a tournament, matchplay is directly linked with IFPA? They even use your IFPA number to record the score and you can do the same on Pindigo. Matchplay doesn’t have an app but Pindigo does.

My point is, what are you hoping that pindigo will do eventually that Matchplay doesn’t already do? And why does it matter if an app is used or a website?

I can’t wait to see where scorebit goes. I’m told it should work hand in hand with Matchplay to give tournament viewers a much better experience.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-coming-online-along-competing-scorbit-platform-for-b-w-g-?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.