Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by snyper2099
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20100721-combos-pizzeriapretzel (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

Are there combos in the code of Stern games? Kinda WPC-ish where you might loop once or twice then make a shot off of that and get awarded a combo bonus?

#2 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinbuoy:

Are there combos in the code of Stern games? Kinda WPC-ish where you might loop once or twice then make a shot off of that and get awarded a combo bonus?

Yes and no. There are newer Stern games that have Combo bonuses, but usually awarded right away and not as a traditional WPC End Of Ball Bonus. One of the reasons you might not mind risking a tilt on a new Stern. Your bonus EOB is going to suck so why not risk trying to save a ball and get a MB where all the point are.

#3 7 years ago

Well in Tron

EOL combo is to make a combo and end at the scoop for a mini jackpot.

I'm sure there are others.

#4 7 years ago

Spiderman has both most combos and biggest combo champion.

#5 7 years ago

tron had some nice combo sound effects and I wish GB had them aka ghost combo. I really love TAF little secret combo sound effects from shooting 3 shots in a particular order.

#6 7 years ago

Combos are crucial in GOT.

#7 7 years ago

Good to know there are some, I haven't seen any in Avatar, and a search on the PAPA rulesheet nets -0-.

#8 7 years ago

Tspp, twd, xmen have combos

#9 7 years ago

ACDC has combos, Star Trek has all sorts of combos for doing different shots, walking dead has combos, there's a ton of modern sterns with combos...

#10 7 years ago

Met has combos too.

#11 7 years ago

Combos in Star Trek, too.

Maybe it would be easier to compile a list of non-combo Sterns.

#12 7 years ago

Thanks everyone.

#13 7 years ago

mmmmm Combos

20100721-combos-pizzeriapretzel (resized).jpg20100721-combos-pizzeriapretzel (resized).jpg

#14 7 years ago

Wrestlemania lets u know when combos are getting done, not sure if it awards a combo champion though like xmen?

#15 7 years ago

IM **must** have some in it because I finished my 1st ball and was staring at 85MM points... I have no idea why
    faz

#16 7 years ago

In KISS, after you nail a lit shot, the next shot in the combo fast strobes for big points. It is an important aspect of the game. I believe there is more to it than that but that's the base combo mechanism. The game keeps track of the "Combo Champion" which I'm not sure what that means. I think this is a basic feature of all modern Sterns.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_faz:

IM **must** have some in it because I finished my 1st ball and was staring at 85MM points... I have no idea why
    faz

No combos in IM. Only way to get 85 mil is through do or die or Jericho.

#18 7 years ago

Does anyone know how the combo champion is determined? Is it the highest number of times a person hit a combo (like 15 two-shot combos) or the highest number of consecutive shoots in a single combo sequence (one combo shot composed of 15 back-to-back shots)?

My KISS has a default of "combo champ" with 15. What does that mean?

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

no clue HOW I did it and I never got the IM Drainmonster to give up that kind of points ever again
    faz

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from konjurer:

Does anyone know how the combo champion is determined? Is it the highest number of times a person hit a combo (like 15 two-shot combos) or the highest number of consecutive shoots in a single combo sequence (one combo shot composed of 15 back-to-back shots)?
    My KISS has a default of "combo champ" with 15. What does that mean?

Good question I have recently started to wonder that with ST & TWD, number of combos or biggest combo

#21 7 years ago

Metallica, AC/DC, TSPP, FGY, Spidey, Tron, TF, X-Men all have combos...I think Elvis does.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Except for hitting the ramps back and forth, which gives you a (i think) double points, so it's kind of a combo. You're right that no other combo opportunities exist in IM.

3 months later
    #23 7 years ago

Was playing RBION tonight and hell even that has awardable Combos (which are TOUGH with that layout, phew!)!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-combos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.