Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,971 posts
  • 233 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by wizard1
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6548 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6547 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8317 (resized).jpeg
    9D1D118F-4B17-4E26-A3E4-F3031D7BCF8F (resized).jpeg
    pins (resized).png
    IMG_20210329_213847 (resized).jpg
    553B7374-1E3F-467F-8388-1FCD953EE318 (resized).jpeg
    2A285160-CF0C-4F98-AC03-E1E82BBD1EDE (resized).jpeg
    9C5A04D6-A4A8-4E45-BD6C-82F5383C4A04 (resized).jpeg
    1D2E567F-B7D7-48FF-A43A-AADE4E7CDF5D (resized).jpeg
    9639A97F-CA02-46CF-9DDD-A8277C6A35F1 (resized).jpeg
    FE4D13CB-BEF6-49CB-9D58-09A871BD63B0 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20210320_150907 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150900 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150850 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150829 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2 Link to Kickstarter project. Posted by ForceFlow (7 years ago)

Post #74 Feedback on Stern editorial control. Posted by JoeDP (7 years ago)

Post #109 Talk about editorial choices. Posted by JoeDP (7 years ago)

Post #120 Confirmation that Batman 66 will be in the book. Posted by JoeDP (7 years ago)

Post #123 Poster(s) shipping arrangements clarified. Posted by JoeDP (7 years ago)

Post #130 Project update announced. Posted by JoeDP (7 years ago)

Post #502 Backer update Posted by Matesamo (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spiroagnew.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#111 7 years ago

I'm in. The whole idea kind of rubbed me the wrong way at first (especially the Pro-Prem-LE versions of the book), but I've warmed up to the ideas presented...I'm a sucker for coffee table books.

If there is, in fact, a hard focus on Stern's history, I'm sure it would be tempting to focus on their recent boom, however, I hope the book explores, in depth, their beginnings at the dawn of the Solid State era. Dig deep into the history. Talk to the people who were there--the artists, the programmers, the salespeople--and not just current Stern employees pumping the company line. Such people aren't hard to find, and in most cases, are more than willing to share their memories. Bring new information to seasoned pinheads, as well as schooling those who know little about pinball business.

10 months later
    #615 6 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I predict no update till November 3 when they announce their latest delay.

I'll say October 31. All tricks. No treats.

#616 6 years ago

They do have the best excuse, and they've used it already: "It's delayed because we wanted to include photos and information about ((insert title of Stern's newest release here)) in the book!"

I'll bet the next update includes a heavy reference to Star Wars. A smoke and mirrors excuse to hide the fact that they are dragging their feet on the entire project or there are larger production issues at play?

7 months later
    #935 5 years ago

Good lord almighty...at this point I think we'd all be happy if you just completely scrapped the copy and the endless revisions and just released "BIG BOOK O' STERN PINBALL PICTURES". Every caption could be "Here's Some Pinball Stuff", just so you wouldn't have to trouble yourself with "copy revisions" of telling us what's in the picture.

I could care less if Star Wars or Iron Maiden is in the book--you need to draw the line somewhere. Maybe you can do a sequel covering the years following the 30th anniversary--just wait and see how successful you'll be getting ANOTHER book funded from this crowd.

Please just get this done for Pete's sake.

#949 5 years ago

At ZERO pages so far, I think this project qualifies for mention in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-thinnest-books-in-the-pinball-library

2 years later
    #2931 3 years ago

Just catching up here. Not surprised at all the further BS this project has bestowed upon the community. I feel bad for all those who firstly had the rug pulled out from under them, and even more so now that they wrapped people in the same rug and then beat them with a tire iron.

I got the bare bones version of the book delivered around Xmas (with all that added/unrealistic International shipping to Canada). I cracked the spine to start reading it, felt ill, then taken advantage of, then extremely angry. I immediately closed it and filed it away on my shelf--I couldn't bring myself to even look at it after four plus years of Paperflock nonsense. It sits there to this day, unread.

I feel dirty even giving the book a place on my shelf beside Roger Sharpe's Pinball and Jeff Lawton's Bally bingo book.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spiroagnew.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-coffee-table-book-kickstarter?tu=spiroagnew and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.