3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,723 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by fanuminski
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 142 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4de350223ec5f4a65dd744a81143315d13f5eff7 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20191014-082851 (resized).jpg
    F96F5F7F-E004-4227-97CE-4C7FC90BA3B8 (resized).jpeg
    Ice-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpg
    12935AB1-8341-4A23-BD65-969BDE0F8CF6 (resized).jpeg
    D372D606-6750-4D00-9EC0-F4EFA1BFF7A1 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    9C2AD636-36BD-4D6A-A874-8EA866DB79F6 (resized).png
    D3567EF1-8AFB-4A38-94A3-2A6E299AA4DD (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    FC0E6D9B-1F86-4FAA-9DDE-17B8013B8A43 (resized).png
    9CD930D6-29B8-415E-B261-DBC753850765 (resized).png
    5FC4F29B-70D3-4D2D-9761-77E664C547CD (resized).png
    jpopstapler (resized).jpg
    4314337112e6281868e685e7622c8d74_original (resized).png
    98c6d895b5574ecd7a2c342566a9a8f2_original (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #2 Link to Kickstarter project. Posted by ForceFlow (3 years ago)

Post #74 Feedback on Stern editorial control. Posted by JoeDP (2 years ago)

Post #109 Talk about editorial choices. Posted by JoeDP (2 years ago)

Post #120 Confirmation that Batman 66 will be in the book. Posted by JoeDP (2 years ago)

Post #123 Poster(s) shipping arrangements clarified. Posted by JoeDP (2 years ago)

Post #130 Project update announced. Posted by JoeDP (2 years ago)

Post #785 December update from publisher - and promise of further updates Posted by Matesamo (1 year ago)

Post #913 JoeDP says copy for book has been approved Posted by JoeDP (1 year ago)

Post #1005 Update from Kickstarter page on book project Posted by KLR2014 (1 year ago)

Post #1337 Well written complaint to Stern. Posted by j_m_ (9 months ago)

Post #1482 March 12 backer update Posted by cooked71 (7 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spelunk71.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#755 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinmaniac:

Sterns PR/Marketing team what a joke. I'm still waiting on my free t-shirt that I was supposed to get with my new Stern purchase, or even a response to the email asking for an update. It is utterly amazing that Stern is as successful as they are with their completely unprofessional marketing.

Ha. I gave up on the T-shirt after three emails with no response. If the book and swag show up while I still have hair, I’ll let it go. Vegas odds are 50-50.

1 month later
    #838 1 year ago

I would have appreciated more frequent updates, but am glad you are back and that things are looking good with the book. The quality of the product is the most important thing for me. If the book is outstanding (and I am hopeful it will be!) the wait will have been worth it.

#875 1 year ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

will be very sad if they attempt to scrub out his contributions from the book. I dont care what ends up happening, the man still made a contribution to the pinball hobby/Stern and it part of the story.

I agree. Also note that Trudeau has pleaded not guilty and is presumed innocent under the U.S. legal system. I’m under no illusions, though. Obviously, things look bad. Ideally, the book would acknowledge Trudeau’s contributions but address the pending charges to the extent possible at the time of publication. While uncomfortable, this is also part of the Stern story in that the situation may have resulted in changed perceptions to Trudeau’s games and design changes to pending games in Trudeau’s absence. A discussion of the situation’s impact on morale among his former colleagues would also be interesting. If Stern has editorial control, I’m guessing they will not want any of that in there, but honesty and full disclosure would make for a better book IMO.

7 months later
    #1151 1 year ago

Given that Stern actively promoted this self-serving project, they must have some liability here—moral if not legal. At the very least, they owe it to backers to turn the screws on Joe and team, share current status updates if Joe won’t do so, and provide us something of equal value if the project goes belly up.

#1154 1 year ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

You think a large business like Stern cares about moral obligations? I got a chuckle

Yeah, guess not. But they may care about negative PR that could affect the bottom line.

3 weeks later
    #1202 11 months ago

Maybe Stern could at least get us the Zombie Yeti print for those that went in on that tier. ZY is a good dude, is employed by Stern, and should not be subject to Joe’s mismanagement of the book part of the project.

1 month later
    #1237 10 months ago

I’m guessing the money is long gone. Either Stern makes it happen or we’re toast. Given the embarrassment they should be feeling at pushing this self-serving, failed project, Stern should just bite the bullet and finish it. Maybe some tough love from a certain podcaster who shall not be named would help get it done. If not, can any litigators out there weigh in on other potentially more persuasive tactics?

2 months later
    #1459 7 months ago
    Quoted from vireland:

Not enough money in it for the lawyers.

If we have to resort to public shaming, Stern’s TPF seminar in about a month could be a good opportunity.

2 months later
    #1501 5 months ago

I hear you, but what a fucking embarrassment for Stern. They pushed and hyped this project that was supposed to celebrate the success of the company. Presumably, Stern’s best customers and biggest fans put up the cash to fund this pile of crap. If they don’t make this right by hiring competent people to finish the project, it would speak volumes about Stern’s integrity as a company. I may still reluctantly buy their games if they are the best option, but would definitely root for the competition if this ends badly.

#1533 5 months ago

I think Joe had good intentions in the beginning, but laziness, incompetence, and probably some hot interns have taken their toll. Making books is hard.

4 months later
    #1710 34 days ago

More bullshit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    € 159.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    FlipperLED
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Lighting - Led
    3D MODS
    $ 69.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    € 279.00
    € 8.40
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Great American Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 29.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.50
    $ 115.00
    Boards
    AMCO
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spelunk71.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside