Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,971 posts
  • 233 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by wizard1
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6548 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6547 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8317 (resized).jpeg
    9D1D118F-4B17-4E26-A3E4-F3031D7BCF8F (resized).jpeg
    pins (resized).png
    IMG_20210329_213847 (resized).jpg
    553B7374-1E3F-467F-8388-1FCD953EE318 (resized).jpeg
    2A285160-CF0C-4F98-AC03-E1E82BBD1EDE (resized).jpeg
    9C5A04D6-A4A8-4E45-BD6C-82F5383C4A04 (resized).jpeg
    1D2E567F-B7D7-48FF-A43A-AADE4E7CDF5D (resized).jpeg
    9639A97F-CA02-46CF-9DDD-A8277C6A35F1 (resized).jpeg
    FE4D13CB-BEF6-49CB-9D58-09A871BD63B0 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20210320_150907 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150900 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150850 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150829 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2 Link to Kickstarter project. Posted by ForceFlow (7 years ago)

Post #74 Feedback on Stern editorial control. Posted by JoeDP (7 years ago)

Post #109 Talk about editorial choices. Posted by JoeDP (7 years ago)

Post #120 Confirmation that Batman 66 will be in the book. Posted by JoeDP (7 years ago)

Post #123 Poster(s) shipping arrangements clarified. Posted by JoeDP (7 years ago)

Post #130 Project update announced. Posted by JoeDP (7 years ago)

Post #502 Backer update Posted by Matesamo (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider puck.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 7 years ago

All hate aside...

Looks like it's going to be a great behind the scenes look at pinball manufacturing and design at Stern. Jumping in for the ride.

1 week later
    #152 7 years ago
    Quoted from JoeDP:

I think that is fair. We have added the rolled option for the poster, for people who have backed one of the reward levels with a Zombie Yeti Print. Since that will be rolled and tubed, we can roll and tube the poster too.

When I got the kickstarter update eMail about increasing the LE's I was so out. Having never backed out of a kickstarter pledge I was not impressed. Decided to check this thread before pulling my pledge and this offer pulls me back in. It's a small token, but appreciated. Love ZY art and will continue to support anything with his name on it.

1 month later
    #241 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

1000 books isn't going to help any American printer much at all

incorrect... source : worked for over a decade in the print industry

#255 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I mean, I guess it depends on how small the printer is, then. 1000 is absolutely miniscule for any printing operation of size.

Truth.

#258 7 years ago

$6,063 left!

#260 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

I guess these kickstarters do pick up at the end...cool

You in? If so at what level?

#267 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Yeah I don't know how you go about this...I was trying to figure it out but could not.

From past kickstarts you have to create two accounts or the creator of that project needs to add a level. Could be wrong. I am sure Joe can jump in here, maybe they get funded and add an option to buy another one.

#278 7 years ago

Also, might be a good story to follow Joe Kaminkow and his return to Stern/Pinball. Please forgive me I know NOTHING about the guy, just that he designed my kick ass Robocop and he is now helping with Batman 66.

#282 7 years ago

$1,800 away. Let's do this!

#309 7 years ago

Joe can you clarify

eMail just sent..
    "As a Kickstarter backer you will be helping us decide what design goes on both the Jacket and the T-shirt! We will be working with artists popular in the pinball community to create covers and designs for these rewards!"

Vs

Kickstarter Page
    "Zombie Yeti artwork"

I am guessing that this was just done to appeal to a broader audience that doesn't know who ZY is, but would love clarification.

#382 7 years ago

Can't wait to see how this book and the LE Jacket turns out!

Jumping in today to send congratulations to the entire team that is going to work on this. The hard work starts today and all the best in the next few months.

3 weeks later
    #402 7 years ago

Right like maybe some zombie yeti sketches

#417 7 years ago

Ditto. That said, not overly concerned at all.

#418 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinmaniac:

I got mine but it was after Christmas. Didn't get the invite to the forum.

There is a backer post on the kickstarter page. Hit the link register.

2 weeks later
    #423 7 years ago

Just got mine yesterday! Thanks!
    If the envelope and paper/printing used for the ornament is any indication of this book we are in for quite an amazing product. I was pleasantly surprised by what you put together as a free thank you.

#429 7 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Small world. Zack, your author, did a piece recently on my arcade:

Book launch party at Frolic's? I'd fly out for that.

2 weeks later
    #430 7 years ago

Hey Joe,

Forum overrun by spam....

1 week later
    #432 7 years ago

A little quiet in here ...

#434 7 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

I was thinking the same thing, but the last time I mentioned the quiet I got lit up some...so now I'm just waiting to see what happens and hoping for good things.

• No kickstarter update for a month (I am ok with that, kinda normal)
    • Forum overrun by spam. This happens, but should have been fixed quickly or the forms axed.
    • No updates on pinside or to PMs after months of daily / hourly updates.

None of this on it's own is concerning but all together it is.

#436 7 years ago

Project is still alive. Got word back. Thanks Joe.

#438 7 years ago
    Quoted from GotAQuestion:

I never doubted the project was alive. All of those are par for the course for Kickstarter. Even all 3 at once. The forums should definitely be made more robust though. Need a strong spam filter and if I had to guess a couple of moderators. I'm a heavy forum user in general and only spent about 10 seconds there before bouncing and never returning.

Admittedly I might be spending to much time in the JPop thread.

But I did get to give a location B66 a try today. Way more fun then I expected. Sucked me right in. Great job Stern!

IMG_8379 (resized).JPGIMG_8379 (resized).JPG

#440 7 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I loved the nixie tube displays in the bat computer for the match sequence
    I found the catwoman ramp and the right orbit (ball lock) both a bear to hit for some reason, but had no problems hitting any other shot

Same here.. must be by design. Would make the game fun to own.

1 month later
    #448 7 years ago

May is fast approaching. I was looking forward to seeing some ZY Jacket and art by now.

1 week later
    #451 7 years ago
    Quoted from Micky:

Have any of you guys who have contributed to this heard any news at all?

Nothing. Message the team on kickstarter they got back to me last time there was a delay

3 weeks later
    #462 6 years ago

It's all shipping in May (so the site says) so maybe the update is... well here it is folks fill out your backer surveys. My guess is they are focused on BIG updates and they should instead do more little ones. IMO

#472 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Gotcha, I would just suggest something here.

Yea, the forum project wasn't managed well.

Levi, let me know where to send the $50, you'll take Canadian right? It'll be 1/1 signed by you right?. Should be able to see that for $120 in no time.

#474 6 years ago

On a positive note, looking forward to what Zombie Yeti comes up with for the Jacket art. Fingers crossed I can get it for ReplayFX!

1 week later
    #487 6 years ago

May 31st no update....printed this and posted it above my computer. 08b694ebc97d1d6cdcd82de7a329a274 (resized).jpg08b694ebc97d1d6cdcd82de7a329a274 (resized).jpg

#489 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

that's a really nice daily affirmation mr. smalley

ROTFL

#490 6 years ago

Another day gone ...

#497 6 years ago

The paper flock team has been really good when I reach out. Today was no exception, they have assured me that an update is coming early next week. Happy happy joy joy
    I have no idea what said update entails but it will be good to have some communication!

#500 6 years ago

Stern book ... you guys are spending to much time in the alien thread

4 weeks later
    #548 6 years ago

My guess would be Spring 2018 before it ships. They are so far behind and are not motivated to do the smallest of updates. They also are done taking our money TagerLaw so don't expect a reply here, but they are good about returning eMail I have found. I would imagine by know we would have seen some art from Zombie Yeti. Paperflock if you are reading this, part of the fun is following along on the journey. Ups and downs. So post more, and shorter, updates. Please.

#550 6 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

The longer it takes, the more project money is burned, so no idea why people think this being delayed will result in a better product.

Agreed, I don't subscribe to the idea that delays = better product.

Quoted from tacshose:

Kickstarter needs a way to slowly release funds as specific milestones are met. This give them all the money at once thing is dumb, hence the countless crowd sourced failures.

Slow release of funds is a good idea, it would prevent some projects from going, but would put the fire under projects like this to move. The other side of the problem is that it's a pre-order system even if Kickstarter maintains that it isn't.

2 weeks later
    #560 6 years ago

The lack of updates is unforgivable. The delay for Kickstarter is 100% normal. Looking at everything I have backed in the last two years not a single thing was on time. Thanks J_M for reaching out. Let us know whats up.

#565 6 years ago

Did Joe get back to you?

#574 6 years ago

Radio silence

#576 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Call Stern and start bitching at them. Guilt by association. They endorsed it by having the pop up banner at eXpO and the pay to attend party.

My hope is that the silence is a good thing, but then reality kicked in.

#577 6 years ago
    #579 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

nope. no reply

Nothing on my end.

#580 6 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

Uh, oh. First radio silence, now puck's last post came out silent...

Attempted to quote with photo. Photo didn't show so I removed the post. Nothing to see here. Can we change the title of the thread?

1 month later
    #604 6 years ago

Taking bets on what day the next update will land...pick your bet. One per person. Bonus points if you pick the book shipping date. You can pick any date between now and 2024.
    September 17
    September 18
    September 19
    September 20
    September 21
    September 22

Oct..
    Nov..

I'll send the update winner a rad pinball prize...

#607 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

2024? You are going to need to extend that.

To be clear, I just said update, not book shipping. But you made me laugh so I'll include some Canadian maple syrup in the prize pack now.

#611 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

This update brought to you by the letters n and o.

Are you in on the book?

1 week later
    #622 6 years ago

One day left...

#634 6 years ago

Page for JoeDP please come in JoeDP

#638 6 years ago

Aug 1/17

#668 6 years ago

one (resized).pngone (resized).png

#doh lol

Got excited for a second there...

two (resized).pngtwo (resized).png

1 week later
    #681 6 years ago

Weekly bump. Currently this thread is longer then the Stern Book. Maybe we should write the book.

#697 6 years ago

Stern talk on https://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip maybe we get something.

#699 6 years ago

"You can blame Stern for the delay, it's in progress. They are waiting on our comments. Should be out next quarter. In-time for our 32nd I guess. *audible laugh*"

Or at least thats what I caught. Thanks to whoever asked. We owe you a beer.

1 month later
    #726 6 years ago

lets say that we take Stern on the word that PF is waiting for Stern to approve copy

they could still give the option to ship or give updates on
    Digital Wallpaper Pack (how hard is this really.....)
    T-shirt
    18x24 Poster
    24 x 36 Exclusive Zombie Yeti zombieyeti Print
    Custom Dickies Jacket
    Enamel Pin
    Quarter Dispenser
    I trust that JoeDP and Stern are keeping an eye on this thread, but are not talking for whatever reason. (Busy making pinballs I would assume or finishing up other kickstarters)

2 weeks later
    #757 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

At least Gary Stern mentioned it was on his desk and that he was the hold up. Would have been worse if Stern had said they haven't heard from Paperflock in a year.

I missed that, when did that happen?

#759 6 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

Actually it was Dave Peterson who said something like that at the Stern seminar during Expo. You can check the audio on Pinball News.

Correct, just didn’t know if Gary commented or not. Wanted to make sure I didn’t miss something. Thanks J

1 week later
    #804 6 years ago
    Quoted from JoeDP:

If people have real concerns or are interested in participating in the creation of the book I am here, we are starting a forum on our site very soon, and anyone can message me here or email me at: [email protected]

1 month later
    #873 6 years ago

JoeDP Welcome back! Glad we have some communication and transparency. All the best in the home stretch.

I am also curious about the zombieyeti art and curious if you'll be using the zombieyeti pre-done Stern wizard as illustrated in the kickstarter. Looking forward to more news as it comes out.

#874 6 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

you still haven't really given anyone even a "veiled" explanation why this book is so far behind schedule. had it met its original projected date, the whole john trudeau thing wouldn't have even been an issue

They drastically underestimated how much time it would take. I think he states that pretty clearly, without taking full personal responsibility. This is normal for Kickstarters. The only Kickstarter projects I have ever backed that were on-time are from Studio Neat. Otherwise I am still waiting for a list of projects to ship, but I have weekly or monthly updates from them and a sneak peak about how the "sausage" is made. That's part of what you pay for. Going dark was a bad move and IMO think JoeDP is trying to make good on the past mistakes. (no matter who is to blame for the muzzel)

------

Personally I am just happy we have some communication. I backed to bring the project to life and be part of the ride.

2 weeks later
    #883 6 years ago

Any update @joedp?

1 month later
    #911 6 years ago

Bump JoeDP you fall off again?

1 month later
    #940 5 years ago

Huge!

Thanks for the update, a big risk imo saying 8 weeks. That’s promising a lot unless he is working on it full time.

Any update on all the other backer rewards? Or is that post book work?

1 week later
    #964 5 years ago

Post removed, over it.

1 month later
    #1000 5 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

He didn't say that last part but you could tell he is probably frustrated by it too.
    The people at Stern are also incredibly good people. The type of people you can have a beer with and play pinball.

Thanks for the update!

1 month later
    #1055 5 years ago

MrBally PinMonk you two in on this book?

#1057 5 years ago

JoeDP what’s up?

#1059 5 years ago

3BE8AAAA-124B-4F64-8629-A54421B5C97E (resized).jpeg3BE8AAAA-124B-4F64-8629-A54421B5C97E (resized).jpeg

#1060 5 years ago

Is it too soon to start selling our spots?

#1068 5 years ago

Wait Pulp Fiction Pin?!??

#1070 5 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

I wish. Just another rumor - probably a bit more credibility than the now busted MBr code update rumor.

Well I like that rumour.

#1071 5 years ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

My coffee table is still waiting............

New thread title? Anyone want to share what the new title should be?

#1075 5 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Books are hard.

We might have a winner.

———

If you are in on this book, can you go nudge them on the kickstarter page. I can’t imagine that Pinside will get much traction.

#1090 5 years ago

Well that was fun. See you all again in two months.

#1092 5 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

Good news: Pinball Magazine No. 5 has been sent to the printer. It's the biggest issue so far, exceeding the 260 pages of issue 3, so it's definitely more like a book
    More good news: no pre-order

Looking forward to it.

#1100 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

What happens first?
    A) Stern pinball book gets made
    or...
    B) Imamaculate Baywatch sells

B

#1101 5 years ago

What is everyone going to do with the book if and when they get it?

#1102 5 years ago

----

2 weeks later
    #1119 5 years ago

Got a book about pinball. Signed for no extra charge!!! Looking forward to reading this over the next few days! Thanks unigroove

2026E53E-FA61-4CD5-A921-6437561FD6D8 (resized).jpeg2026E53E-FA61-4CD5-A921-6437561FD6D8 (resized).jpeg
    4 months later
    #1376 5 years ago

I’ll take how can we justify a trip to Vegas for 100 Alex.

#1379 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

the best part will be all those photos of these routed games with broken plastics, blown out playfields and cabinet graffiti

That explains the 30min per image....

1 month later
    #1452 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Does anyone want to purchase one of my preorder spots? Comes complete with an unopened Christmas ornament!

$?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider puck.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-coffee-table-book-kickstarter?tu=puck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.