Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,971 posts
  • 233 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by wizard1
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6548 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6547 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8317 (resized).jpeg
    9D1D118F-4B17-4E26-A3E4-F3031D7BCF8F (resized).jpeg
    pins (resized).png
    IMG_20210329_213847 (resized).jpg
    553B7374-1E3F-467F-8388-1FCD953EE318 (resized).jpeg
    2A285160-CF0C-4F98-AC03-E1E82BBD1EDE (resized).jpeg
    9C5A04D6-A4A8-4E45-BD6C-82F5383C4A04 (resized).jpeg
    1D2E567F-B7D7-48FF-A43A-AADE4E7CDF5D (resized).jpeg
    9639A97F-CA02-46CF-9DDD-A8277C6A35F1 (resized).jpeg
    FE4D13CB-BEF6-49CB-9D58-09A871BD63B0 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20210320_150907 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150900 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150850 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150829 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2 Link to Kickstarter project. Posted by ForceFlow (7 years ago)

Post #74 Feedback on Stern editorial control. Posted by JoeDP (7 years ago)

Post #109 Talk about editorial choices. Posted by JoeDP (7 years ago)

Post #120 Confirmation that Batman 66 will be in the book. Posted by JoeDP (7 years ago)

Post #123 Poster(s) shipping arrangements clarified. Posted by JoeDP (7 years ago)

Post #130 Project update announced. Posted by JoeDP (7 years ago)

Post #502 Backer update Posted by Matesamo (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nowakster.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#296 7 years ago

Amen pinsanity.

#335 7 years ago
    Quoted from JoeDP:

Listen I'm not saying everything in the pinball world is rosy and perfect or that we as a community can't push Stern to focus on the things the community is interested in, I'm just saying coming at them swinging is probably not the best way to get what you want.

I hear you, you are right, Stern, by themselves, did not save pinball. The operators, collectors, and players were right there with them doing it together. That's what we should focus on. And B/W can have credit too, they made some great machines, but they also chose not to keep doing it. I don't know the whole story, but it seems to me if they wanted to push through the hard times, that is a choice they could have made. And it is a choice that Stern made, and we should be grateful to them for that. There were probably much more profitable avenues they could have taken. Making pinball machines is tough!
    That's all I'm saying, let's be on the same team, working with Stern, and whoever else is making pins to make the industry better.
    Infighting is not sexy, does not help draw people to the hobby / sport, and doesn't build any bridges.
    You want to see change in something, get involved. See what you have to offer.
    Start a league in your area. Find something positive for the industry as a whole and approach it from that perspective.
    Anyway, that's my two cents, and what I am choosing to do.

Awesome! You're my hero for the frank and honest statement.

2 years later
    #1602 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

All the people saying it's "never going to happen they just stole our money", they're quiet now. That's a good thing.

I guess only 10% of the people wanting the book now are the largest critics on pinside?

8 months later
    #1842 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dan1733:

I have waited so long for this book that my address has changed. Twice. I have no confidence that, if this book really ever exists, that I will even get the copy I paid for.

I actually reached out to them to let them know I moved. They replied there will be a survey that goes out to allow me to update my address for shipping. So... hopefully... we will be seeing that before the end of the decade.

10 months later
    #2442 3 years ago
    Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Has anyone gotten their books yet? I'm excited to get mine... just so few books in the pinball community, and no modern books. Wondering what people think of theirs that have gotten them already.

nothing yet

1 month later
    #2650 3 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

Hey folks just so you are aware, your book may have been shipped without you knowing. If you got an e-mail saying that you got a digital wallpaper, click on the link to get it. In the upper right hand corner click on "view confirmation". In the upper left hand corner you may see a USPS tracking for your pledge.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I don't have "View confirmation" on my page so that isn't true in 100% of the cases. I wish they would have their stuff together...

#2653 3 years ago
    Quoted from jhoward1082:

I'm guessing maybe they are shipping things out in order of what package you picked? It seems like they shipped all of the book only orders first maybe and are now shipping the book + shirt orders. The bigger the package you got probably puts you closer to the end of the shipping line.

I think it's a crime for the people they charged more money for having to use more boxes to ship while forcing them to wait to send both boxes out at the same time. I feel for the other person who was informed of the delay in their merch.

2 weeks later
    #2735 3 years ago

The book isn't perfect and my tier remains partially filled but it's a book my friends would love to look through.

#2738 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spelunk71:

Does anyone know if/when the original Zombie Yeti print will be sent for those who ordered it? I got my book, poster, and T-shirt, but no print.

I asked paperflock and the response I got was "The Zombie Yeti poster is shipping separately in a poster tube. The posters are currently with the artist awaiting signatures, but we do not have an ETA at this time."

1 month later
    #2809 3 years ago

on the flip-side, i've had quite the professional responses from them regarding an incomplete fulfilment. Lets only hope they choose the high ground.

2 weeks later
    #2862 3 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Has anyone gotten the ZombieYeti print yet? Just wondering what that would end up being (likely the same as the jacket back)?

I reached out to them and this is what I heard...

The Zombie Yeti poster is shipping separately in a poster tube. The posters are currently with the artist awaiting signatures, but we do not have an ETA at this time.

Best,
    Emma

#2864 3 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

Best, Emma never has an ETA for anything.

Well I do trust her until Jeremy tells us he knows nothing of the posters to sign. Maybe i'm a fool. I think the book is fun to show friends and is something I didn't have before so I'm generally happy with it.

3 weeks later
    #2911 3 years ago
    Quoted from The_Blues:

Do you think we‘re ever gonna get the Yeti-posters or are they just gonna sweep it under the rug?

They claimed that it's in Jeremey's hands to be signed.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nowakster.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-coffee-table-book-kickstarter?tu=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.