Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,971 posts
  • 233 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 86 days ago by wizard1
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6548 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6547 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8317 (resized).jpeg
    9D1D118F-4B17-4E26-A3E4-F3031D7BCF8F (resized).jpeg
    pins (resized).png
    IMG_20210329_213847 (resized).jpg
    553B7374-1E3F-467F-8388-1FCD953EE318 (resized).jpeg
    2A285160-CF0C-4F98-AC03-E1E82BBD1EDE (resized).jpeg
    9C5A04D6-A4A8-4E45-BD6C-82F5383C4A04 (resized).jpeg
    1D2E567F-B7D7-48FF-A43A-AADE4E7CDF5D (resized).jpeg
    9639A97F-CA02-46CF-9DDD-A8277C6A35F1 (resized).jpeg
    FE4D13CB-BEF6-49CB-9D58-09A871BD63B0 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20210320_150907 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150900 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150850 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150829 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2 Link to Kickstarter project. Posted by ForceFlow (7 years ago)

Post #74 Feedback on Stern editorial control. Posted by JoeDP (7 years ago)

Post #109 Talk about editorial choices. Posted by JoeDP (7 years ago)

Post #120 Confirmation that Batman 66 will be in the book. Posted by JoeDP (7 years ago)

Post #123 Poster(s) shipping arrangements clarified. Posted by JoeDP (7 years ago)

Post #130 Project update announced. Posted by JoeDP (7 years ago)

Post #502 Backer update Posted by Matesamo (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bc_gambit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#93 7 years ago

This looks interesting enough to me from a historical perspective, not sure if I will back or not. But lots of days to make that decision.

I am more put off by the pro/premium/LE variants... It makes sense in a kickstarter format I guess but when this sort of model has even moved to coffee table books it seems like the end is night.

Coming 4Q 2017.... home, pro, premium, LE, Super LE, and SUPER DUPER TRIPLE SECRET LE's. Only 20K each, comes with EPIC(tm) bragging rights!

Sorry, that rant is directed more towards the industry in general, this book looks sweet

7 months later
    #526 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Thete is a risk the project will not be fulfilled and you will lose 100% of your money. We knew that going in. They have zero obligation to renegotiate. If anyone gave money to this project that they couldn't afford then shame on them.
    For almost everyone this is less than $125. I'm blown away by the outrage and sense of entitlement in this thread. There are people in this thread that are hoping it will fail. Just amazing.

Its just amazing how much acceptance there is of an unknown group taking in $50K plus then reappearing AFTER the original shipping date saying "trust us, 5 more months, we'll have this, don't worry..."

Where have I seen that story before?

It is not hoping it will fail, just how many times do you have to see this play out before you take your blinders off? At this point the onus is on them to show they are actually getting stuff done.

They don't owe ME anything, but they owe their backers the darn book, not excuses. It's not complicated.

#532 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

You wrote: "the backers of this project should have been asked if they were okay with a 5 month delay". You don't think that's entitlement?

Its just common sense it should have been communicated prior to, you know, missing the initial publishing date completely (if that is what happened).

I may just be a keyboard commando, but I am an interested potential buyer if they can make something worth buying. Crazy that

6 months later
    #812 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

It's not even that. People are just pissed that he came in here to ask for money. If you had a question, it was answered. THEN after he got the money, he doesn't come back HERE and give a quick update.

Yeah, that's just common sense for that to rub people the wrong way. Add the radio silence to that and its really a recipe for a toxic mess.

I have backed some kickstarters and yes delays happen but this is just textbook jackassery

11 months later
    #1239 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Mine came today!![quoted image]

Mine as well! The box was actually bigger than I pictured, but the little figures were smaller

I hope the kids and I get a chance to play it tonight.

#1250 5 years ago

Wow, even I am surprised a bit by this. I shouldn't be I guess, but I am. If I took in any kind of cash without delivering a product I am pretty sure I wouldn't be posting stuff like that on social media...

2 months later
    #1449 5 years ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

So, is this book going to be trapped in the world of the Ghostbusters release or will we see art from Iron Maiden, Deadpool and The Munsters?

Does it really matter when the cutoff is if:
    - the book never comes out?
    - IF it does come out, it is a clown show piece of crap?

Would including The Munsters really matter at that point?

#1453 5 years ago

The Christmas ornament was the only thing they managed to ship (it was paper).

Super RARE Limited Edition!

They didn't manage to even ship them to all the backers (similar to Stern's spotty Tshirt distribution in the past... )

1 year later
    #2160 3 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Oh yeh, I think it was the jacket and stuff. Hate to think what would have made shipping to Oz.
    Edit: only $195 usd shipping - that’s $278 Aud. Nice.[quoted image]

Wow!

1 month later
    #2565 3 years ago

No pics of the inside? Dirty pool old man

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bc_gambit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-coffee-table-book-kickstarter?tu=bc_gambit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.