Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,971 posts
  • 233 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 64 days ago by wizard1
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6548 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6547 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8317 (resized).jpeg
    9D1D118F-4B17-4E26-A3E4-F3031D7BCF8F (resized).jpeg
    pins (resized).png
    IMG_20210329_213847 (resized).jpg
    553B7374-1E3F-467F-8388-1FCD953EE318 (resized).jpeg
    2A285160-CF0C-4F98-AC03-E1E82BBD1EDE (resized).jpeg
    9C5A04D6-A4A8-4E45-BD6C-82F5383C4A04 (resized).jpeg
    1D2E567F-B7D7-48FF-A43A-AADE4E7CDF5D (resized).jpeg
    9639A97F-CA02-46CF-9DDD-A8277C6A35F1 (resized).jpeg
    FE4D13CB-BEF6-49CB-9D58-09A871BD63B0 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20210320_150907 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150900 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150850 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150829 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2 Link to Kickstarter project. Posted by ForceFlow (7 years ago)

Post #74 Feedback on Stern editorial control. Posted by JoeDP (7 years ago)

Post #109 Talk about editorial choices. Posted by JoeDP (7 years ago)

Post #120 Confirmation that Batman 66 will be in the book. Posted by JoeDP (7 years ago)

Post #123 Poster(s) shipping arrangements clarified. Posted by JoeDP (7 years ago)

Post #130 Project update announced. Posted by JoeDP (7 years ago)

Post #502 Backer update Posted by Matesamo (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WJxxxx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#805 6 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

there is only one major message board for pinball

Really, is that what you think?

5 months later
    #957 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

No one (Noone) wants it anymore

I'm not no one

5 months later
    #1214 5 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

Well something exists for backers aside from the paper ornament I still have, lol. I forgot to actually say this because it was so minor but now I in hindsight I find it hilarious. So when I asked Gomez and Gary about the book I had to jog their memory about THAT book and they were like "oh, OH, OH, yeah". I mean yeah it's funny and sad.[quoted image]

Derek, you missed blocking out your name on the penultimate FB post.

6 months later
    #1595 4 years ago
    Quoted from KLR2014:

90% of backers said "Keep working"!

I think they actually meant START working

1 year later
    #2010 3 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

THANK YOU! I love when a post shows evidence to support their conclusion.

Best not head over to the Covid thread then

2 weeks later
    #2017 3 years ago
    Quoted from desiArnez:

I ask this here since there are apparently 40 pages already discussing this Avenue.

I would suggest reading the 40 pages - they don't exactly cast Kickstarter projects in a positive light.

#2049 3 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I wonder how many of them will end up on ebay?

I wonder how many of them will actually be delivered. Until I've got my book in my hand I've got no confidence it will happen.

1 month later
    #2107 3 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

On the up side Joe did claim that our books are now valued at 90 bucks, so we all got a bargain. Yo Joe, most of that alleged increased "value" is due to 4 years of inflation and/or increased costs--the rest is your inflated opinion of your work (well, the interns work).

I'm happy to sell my (non-existant ?) book back to Joe for $90. I won't even charge him shipping, he can just not send it to me in the first place.

#2151 3 years ago

My email to Paperflock

"Here is my response:

I have 2 questions.

Could you please provide the quote you received for shipping which can possibly justify you charging $85 for a book originally estimated at costing just $13? 

Even with inflation and doubling of weight that cost is simply ludicrous. 

I regularly ship to my sister in the US, and receive parcels from her. NEVER has a cost even approached what you are proposing, for parcels weighing more - and larger.

My previous job was shipping aircraft parts around the world priority, we only charged our customers, airlines, £25 per parcel for next day delivery anywhere in the world!

2nd question, when are you intending on shipping these? I ask this specifically because you state that we can change our address between now and when you are ready to ship.

You've already said you are ready to ship immediately. 

What is going on?

For a project which has been so poorly managed from start to finish, and taken over 4 years to reach a point when you are asking for more double the original I find the sheer gall to charge $85 

I await your response before progressing further"

#2177 3 years ago

Got an automated response saying that they're closed on the 3rd, due to the election, they'll respond on their return on the 4th. This came through on the 6th.

Maybe the delay is that joe has been tasked with ballot counting, that would explain 2 f@%k ups.

#2178 3 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

where is he shipping from?

maybe someone near him could pick it all up and we pay that person to pack and ship - refuse to give Joe any more money.

If someone was able/willing to buy the whole stock off Paperflock and deal with addons, distribution additional books etc at realistic prices it would be an opportunity to make a profit.

Would be nice if Stern stepped in and took over now, as no doubt these will end up on the Stern store soon enough.

#2268 3 years ago

Why use USPS when so expensive, it's not as if there are other carriers out there.
    How the hell can a book be classed as fragile.. if it's properly packaged you could use it as a bloody brick.

How is the suggestion to ship it to someone in the US going to help. US backers are also complaining about the cost.

The problem is clearly USPS, in the same way the Royal Mail is in the UK.

For the love of all that is holy - Use a commercial carrier (Hermes, FedEx, DHL, UPS, etc, etc ), and pack and prepare it yourself.

Justify the "couple of dollars" you are taking as a handling fee.

I also thinks that this opens the door for a legitimate refund.
    I budgeted for a book at $55 with carriage up to $20 - $75 total.
    The fact that it is now $55 + $85 - $140 total would have counted me out immediately.
    T

20201110_095903 (resized).jpg20201110_095903 (resized).jpg
    #2318 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

You can't just quote media mail though.
    Look at the majority of the people complaining about $80-$100+ shipping costs... they didn't just order the book.
    Plus media mail is domestic only...

I did just order the book, $55, then get a $85 postage charge. The book ALONE is $85 postage.

#2320 3 years ago

Don't you think it odd that an arbitrary date has been set for refunds and payments, 17th Nov?
    My guess is they plan on shipping out shortly after and want peoples money before anyone actually receives it and sees what a turd it is, then start asking for refunds as well.

They can get f#$ED if they think I'm making a decision either way, until someone actually has the book in their hand to see what it is like.

Anyone asking for refunds should be asking for at least 3yrs interest on their pledge, they cant claim to have paid up front for the printing that long ago so the money must have been sat in an account accruing interest, unless it was p1$$ed away on holidays and interns

#2321 3 years ago

I'd much rather wait until they put it on Amazon for $90 and buy it that way. Free shipping and a smaller percentage goes to the fůckwits

1 month later
    #2585 3 years ago

Has anyone overseas had a tracking email yet, or are we going to wait until 2021?

2 weeks later
    #2662 3 years ago

Still no news on them being sent to Europe, although a friend had his shipped to the US and then shipped onward to him in the UK.
    That has arrived cheaper than PF were charging, plus before PF have even started shipping to Europe.

Would love to know wtf they are doing.

#2671 3 years ago

Mine has just arrived, unannounced, in the UK.
    I've been asked to write a review for Pinball News, which may or may not end up getting published, dependant on how well Martin can edit my fury!

If it's published I'll post a link, if not I'll post the full diatribe here

#2678 3 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

Wow...nice article, thanks for the review. As suspected, this is not close to being the "greatest pinball book ever written"...

Not even close.

I'm so glad that Stern changed their minds regarding the original Spiderman villain, and instead opted for the Marvel villains.

We are not WORHTY

20210112_232247 (resized).jpg20210112_232247 (resized).jpg20210112_232522 (resized).jpg20210112_232522 (resized).jpg

16104945192437333062274618330793 (resized).jpg16104945192437333062274618330793 (resized).jpg
    #2680 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

So was the NASCAR missing from the cover (they got the Dale Jr reskin on there) just another mistake?
    Anyone with the book verify that George Takei is spelled wrong on top left of the page with his picture playing pinball? It looked like "Taki" but the resolution was low, so...

As for spelling mistakes 'Taki' is on pg 20, by then the spelling or grammatical mistakes must be into 3 figures!

16104949880127857894151822333101 (resized).jpg16104949880127857894151822333101 (resized).jpg

#2695 3 years ago

My new favourite quote found on the opening credits page under "Very special thanks"

"Matt Pawlak for taking time while in quarintine (sic ) to help proof read every single page of this book!
    Jody West for her incredible attention to detail and eye for proof reading to make every page pixel perfect!"

It's the gift that keeps giving.

#2715 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Well I received 1 of 2 of my copies today. I ordered the LE version. It arrived in great shape and I just opened it up and thumbed through it a bit. My first impressions is that this book is awesome! I don’t know much about book layouts but I do own quite a few pinball books and this is definitely one of the best pinball coffee books I have ever seen at first glance. With the book in hand the picture pages don’t feel to cluttered to me, I like the page layouts. The paper quality is excellent too. Overall I am glad this was completed and I now have my copy. It definitely was an adventure being a part of this Kickstarter as it was the first one I have ever supported.

Are you Joe, or Dameon?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WJxxxx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-coffee-table-book-kickstarter?tu=WJxxxx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.