Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,971 posts
  • 233 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by wizard1
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6548 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6547 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8317 (resized).jpeg
    9D1D118F-4B17-4E26-A3E4-F3031D7BCF8F (resized).jpeg
    pins (resized).png
    IMG_20210329_213847 (resized).jpg
    553B7374-1E3F-467F-8388-1FCD953EE318 (resized).jpeg
    2A285160-CF0C-4F98-AC03-E1E82BBD1EDE (resized).jpeg
    9C5A04D6-A4A8-4E45-BD6C-82F5383C4A04 (resized).jpeg
    1D2E567F-B7D7-48FF-A43A-AADE4E7CDF5D (resized).jpeg
    9639A97F-CA02-46CF-9DDD-A8277C6A35F1 (resized).jpeg
    FE4D13CB-BEF6-49CB-9D58-09A871BD63B0 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20210320_150907 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150900 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150850 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150829 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 60.
    #251 7 years ago
    Quoted from JoeDP:

If you have a manufacturer that you believe will do a good job for less money feel free to share.

Pinball Magazine

#252 7 years ago

Something new and cool is coming

#253 7 years ago

Signed Slash Package added!

#254 7 years ago

And by the way, we are listening.

This time before we added the 25 Slash books, we lowered the number of LE books from other reward levels, so the number of LE books is the same.

#255 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I mean, I guess it depends on how small the printer is, then. 1000 is absolutely miniscule for any printing operation of size.

Truth.

#257 7 years ago

yeah, we know... Posting it very 4 hours is plenty, lol.

#258 7 years ago

$6,063 left!

#259 7 years ago

I guess these kickstarters do pick up at the end...cool

#260 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

I guess these kickstarters do pick up at the end...cool

You in? If so at what level?

#261 7 years ago

Yes I am in at $125

#262 7 years ago

I might increase it to $225 was hoping that the ZY artwork would be shown first though

#263 7 years ago

Oh fine, in for $125 while there was a couple left. Why not.

#264 7 years ago

If you pledge $110 for Pro Book, you get two?

id like to get two Pro books. Thanks

#265 7 years ago
    Quoted from ZenTron:

I would think you just would pledge $55 twice.

#266 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

I would think you just would pledge $55 twice.

Yeah I don't know how you go about this...I was trying to figure it out but could not.

#267 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Yeah I don't know how you go about this...I was trying to figure it out but could not.

From past kickstarts you have to create two accounts or the creator of that project needs to add a level. Could be wrong. I am sure Joe can jump in here, maybe they get funded and add an option to buy another one.

#268 7 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

From past kickstarts you have to create two accounts or the creator of that project needs to add a level. Could be wrong. I am sure Joe can jump in here, maybe they get funded and add an option to buy another one.

This makes the most sense. Thanks!

#269 7 years ago

That's usually what happens, you can choose from a number of add-on's after it closes.

#270 7 years ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Oh fine, in for $125 while there was a couple left. Why not.

I jumped in last night at the $125 level. I thought the LE book with the autographs was just too cool to pass up... not to mention helping out on getting this book to become a reality also.

#271 7 years ago

Yep kickstarters almost always see a surge right at the end. People kick it down the road to "see if it'll get funded" and then start jumping in.

#272 7 years ago
    Quoted from ZenTron:

Hey yes if you pledge more than the amount of the kickstarter pledge level you choose the extra money becomes a "credit" you can apply at the time of distribution.

We are using the company / service BackerKit, which has a robust post Kickstarter shopping cart system in which you can add rewards before anything is shipped.

As like I said, if you have extra money in your pledge over the amount of the reward level you chose you will be able to associate that money to the available rewards like extra books!

Yeah just yesterday they said it would take 5 days to make it to $44K, and now we are at $45K, less than 24 hours later!

They just don't know what we have planned, and that Slash is on our side

Quoted from ronlisa:

I jumped in last night at the $125 level. I thought the LE book with the autographs was just too cool to pass up... not to mention helping out on getting this book to become a reality also.

Thank you all for your support with this project! I can't wait to make it an amazing product everyone will love!

BTW some cool exciting things happening tomorrow too so look out for your update email!

#273 7 years ago

hoping for some great developments

#274 7 years ago

BackerKit is a great service too, neat to hear you'll be using them.

#275 7 years ago
    Quoted from Strohz:

Why is Lyman Sheets not highlighted in any of the promos or autographing the books? His programming is one of the main reasons for Stern's success in my book, so I find it very curious he's not prominently featured. Did he just opt not to participate, or how were the featured employees for the book's history chosen?

I have to agree as well, that Lyman needs to be in this book in a big way, including signing the LE versions. His name associated with a game is as heavily weighted as the actual designer. Stern seems to understand this as well now seeing how prominently he is being promoted for Batman66.

#276 7 years ago

JoeDP, thanks.. I increased pledge from $55 to $110. One book for me and one book as a gift to my dad..

I wanted to add, besides the content of the book being a selling point, JoeDP i think your doing a great job with the promotion and handling of the project.

#277 7 years ago

I would also hope that they include Keith P. Johnson who did some awesome programming and game design. Did a lot for Stern and was very influential with games such as TSPP and LOTR in the early 2000's.

#278 7 years ago

Also, might be a good story to follow Joe Kaminkow and his return to Stern/Pinball. Please forgive me I know NOTHING about the guy, just that he designed my kick ass Robocop and he is now helping with Batman 66.

#279 7 years ago

I really wanted this to be included in the book. I remember as a kid having a set of encyclopedia's and one of them had the peel away layers pages for the human body. It was really cool to see the nerves and muscles and bones and organs all on different layers. No way will they get another 50k in time, but I would pay extra for my copy to get those pages

--------------------------------

Stretch Goal #2: See how it’s made!

$100,000 - Did you know a modern Stern pinball machine has over 3,000 individual parts!?! Ever wonder how they go about packing so many great features and fun into a single title's playfield? At this funding level we will take you inside a pinball machine, adding translucent overlapping pages to reveal how a playfield is populated, layer by layer!

#280 7 years ago

Kickstarter update...

You've seen the artwork on the new Batman 66 game right?

It is absolutely amazing right?

Well, I have great news! The talented artist behind that game's artwork, Christopher Franchi, is coming on board to do one of the covers for our book!

We got a chance to speak on the phone and he told me about how he got involved with the Batman 66 machine.
    Christopher has been an original Batman fan since he was a kid, and a pinball fan for over 10 years, but he had never worked on a pinball machine.

One day just about 6 months ago Christopher received a Facebook friend request from Greg Freres. He was not familiar with at the name at the time, but noticed Greg's profile said he worked for Stern Pinball. Christopher accepted the request and less than 2 minutes later received a message asking whether he'd like to sign an NDA. Christopher's response was an emphatic "Hell yes!".
    While working on the Batman 66 game Christopher also had his normal day job, so he would work on Batman 66 at night, and basically didn't sleep for 4 months.

Well Christopher, your months of hard work were worth it! That is a great looking machine and we are thrilled to have you working on a cover with us!

Learn more about Christopher's art here: https://www.facebook.com/Metaluna-5-Media-169657579716029/about/
    We are so close to our goal! Please share this post and the project with everyone you know!
    And as always thank you all for your support! Joe and Dameon, the Paperflock Team!

If for some reason you are unfamiliar with his work on Batman 66 here is some examples of his incredible work!

Chistopher Franchi Art (resized).jpgChistopher Franchi Art (resized).jpg

#281 7 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I really wanted this to be included in the book. I remember as a kid having a set of encyclopedia's and one of them had the peel away layers pages for the human body. It was really cool to see the nerves and muscles and bones and organs all on different layers. No way will they get another 50k in time, but I would pay extra for my copy to get those pages
    --------------------------------
    Stretch Goal #2: See how it’s made!
    $100,000 - Did you know a modern Stern pinball machine has over 3,000 individual parts!?! Ever wonder how they go about packing so many great features and fun into a single title's playfield? At this funding level we will take you inside a pinball machine, adding translucent overlapping pages to reveal how a playfield is populated, layer by layer!

Yes I was hoping these could be done....I think it would be the coolest thing...but I highly doubt this pledging will double Christmas miracle?

#282 7 years ago

$1,800 away. Let's do this!

#283 7 years ago

Amazing how this picked up so quickly at the end. I was skeptical it would make it a couple of weeks ago.

#284 7 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Amazing how this picked up so quickly at the end. I was skeptical it would make it a couple of weeks ago.

Pretty normal with most kickstarter/indiegogo projects. Many people "hang back" to see how it goes and if the promoter is smart and has done their homework, as is obvious in this case, they come up with all sorts of extra incentives to buy in as the project evolves.

Remember that the longer a project is live more people find out about it. When it's released often it can take weeks or months for those who might be interested in the project to actually be made aware of it.

Add to that the "OMG - I might miss out" factor and you see much more activity towards the end of nearly all of these crowdfunding excercises.

Pick a few projects you like and just watch how the funding goes. It's interesting to watch.

Pinside only represents a very small proportion of people who are interested in pinball and related items such as this book.

#285 7 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

Pretty normal with most kickstarter/indiegogo projects. Many people "hang back" to see how it goes and if the promoter is smart and has done their homework, as is obvious in this case, they come up with all sorts of extra incentives to buy in as the project evolves.

Exactly I think there is an emotional / psychological pain in investing or backing a project that fails.
    So many people, rather than risking that pain, will click the little "Remind Me" star and if the project seems like it could make it, they will back it in the last few days.

There have been numerous APA (American Psychological Association) studies recently that emotional / psychological pain is as real as physical injury.

"As researchers have dug deeper into the roots of rejection, they’ve found surprising evidence that the pain of being excluded is not so different from the pain of physical injury." - APA article on social rejection 2012

#286 7 years ago

Also in case you didn't see it we are sending out die cut glossy printed Xmas ornaments to our backers for the holiday!

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 12.31.51 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-11-29 at 12.31.51 AM (resized).png

#287 7 years ago

Oh that's amazing!

#288 7 years ago

Just found out about this and went to the site to watch the video. Looks great I thought!

Read the descriptions of each book and thought depending on cost ill go for a LE book, read the pledge levels and saw LE book for $125 and thought why not. Its a bit pricey but its Christmas!

Go to click it and they are sold out? what? Am I missing something here, they have not even been made yet?

Read more and realise there are limited numbers for each level, and the next one that has the LE book is $225!

Such a shame......

#289 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cursed:

Just found out about this and went to the site to watch the video. Looks great I thought!
    Read the descriptions of each book and thought depending on cost ill go for a LE book, read the pledge levels and saw LE book for $125 and thought why not. Its a bit pricey but its Christmas!
    Go to click it and they are sold out? what? Am I missing something here, they have not even been made yet?
    Read more and realise there are limited numbers for each level, and the next one that has the LE book is $225!
    Such a shame......

The early bird catches the worm BUT the second mouse gets the cheese!

#290 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cursed:

Just found out about this and went

Such a shame......

They already increased the number of LEs at that level. It made one person so upset that he cancelled his order. I guess he wasn't making enough of a chance to profit on his purchase.

#291 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cursed:

Sorry about that.

We are trying hard to balance people's desire for the limited books to be limited and people getting what they want.
    If you have not been able to find a level that suits you please PM me.

Thanks, Joe

#292 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cursed:

Such a shame......

Damn Michael , wish I had known you were after the $125 LE level . I was in at that level but changed my pledge to a different level . It was sold out but after changing mine it then became 1 available . Could've given you a heads-up to get my spot .

#293 7 years ago
    Quoted from JoeDP:

Sorry about that.
    We are trying hard to balance people's desire for the limited books to be limited and people getting what they want.
    Thanks, Joe

Just wondering how the LE books ( across all LE levels ) are going to work Joe ?

I mean , if the target is reached and this goes ahead and at that time you have say 100 LE books pledged (eg. 75 from $125 level , 10 from $225 level etc. , etc. ) . Is the printing a one-off type thing and the 100 LE books are all that will be printed .. ever !

#294 7 years ago
    Quoted from JoeDP:

Sorry about that.
    Thanks, Joe

Then simply sell two levels of books and stop the "limited" charade

#295 7 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

Remember that the longer a project is live more people find out about it. When it's released often it can take weeks or months for those who might be interested in the project to actually be made aware of it.
    Add to that the "OMG - I might miss out" factor and you see much more activity towards the end of nearly all of these crowdfunding excercises.
    Pick a few projects you like and just watch how the funding goes. It's interesting to watch.
    Pinside only represents a very small proportion of people who are interested in pinball and related items such as this book.

Sounds like you have been involved in a few Kickstarter projects in the past.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Then simply sell two levels of books and stop the "limited" charade

Please let the man conduct his marketing strategy as he sees fit. We all have access to the same information as you do and are free to direct our money where we choose.

#296 7 years ago

Amen pinsanity.

#297 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cursed:

Such a shame......

I think it is a safe bet that if you bought one for $225 that you could sale the ZY print for the $100 to break even or even possibly more.

#298 7 years ago
    Quoted from MIL:

Just wondering how the LE books ( across all LE levels ) are going to work Joe ?
    I mean , if the target is reached and this goes ahead and at that time you have say 100 LE books pledged (eg. 75 from $125 level , 10 from $225 level etc. , etc. ) . Is the printing a one-off type thing and the 100 LE books are all that will be printed .. ever !

Hey Scott, I answered this in our pm too, but I think we will end up printing all of the limited books, but I don't believe they will go up for sale. But yes all of the printing we are planning to do for these editions of the books are a one time thing, at least the way we are currently intending to do the printing.

#299 7 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

The early bird catches the worm BUT the second mouse gets the cheese!

Yes, I am definitely late to this party I guess. Just assumed the LE was a reference to a higher end version (as it is a book!) not literally a limited edition.

Quoted from MIL:

Damn Michael , wish I had known you were after the $125 LE level . I was in at that level but changed my pledge to a different level . It was sold out but after changing mine it then became 1 available . Could've given you a heads-up to get my spot .

Thanks Scott, honestly mate did not know myself till today! Haha. What level did you go for? Feel free to PM if you would prefer.

There are 2,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 60.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-coffee-table-book-kickstarter/page/6?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.