Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,971 posts
  • 233 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by wizard1
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6548 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6547 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8317 (resized).jpeg
    9D1D118F-4B17-4E26-A3E4-F3031D7BCF8F (resized).jpeg
    pins (resized).png
    IMG_20210329_213847 (resized).jpg
    553B7374-1E3F-467F-8388-1FCD953EE318 (resized).jpeg
    2A285160-CF0C-4F98-AC03-E1E82BBD1EDE (resized).jpeg
    9C5A04D6-A4A8-4E45-BD6C-82F5383C4A04 (resized).jpeg
    1D2E567F-B7D7-48FF-A43A-AADE4E7CDF5D (resized).jpeg
    9639A97F-CA02-46CF-9DDD-A8277C6A35F1 (resized).jpeg
    FE4D13CB-BEF6-49CB-9D58-09A871BD63B0 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20210320_150907 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150900 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150850 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150829 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 60.
    #2951 2 years ago
    Quoted from Micky:

Why was it only a partial refund?

They took off 10% for Kickstarter & Paypal fees: "We will be issuing a refund for 90% of your pledge value. Kickstarter keeps 5% and PayPal takes 5%, so we only ever saw 90% of the money in the first place." Considering I thought I wouldn't see anything back, I can live with that whether I believe the reasoning or not.

#2952 2 years ago
    Quoted from MIL:

Finally got my ZY print today . I was hoping that they would have gone with the original artwork of the GB Marshmallow man but it's still a nice print all the same .
    Glad to hear that some people are finally getting their refunds . Hopefully they pay up to everyone that requested a refund .

Same here! Was surprised that I got the Zombie Yeti poster today and - credit where credit‘s due - they shipped it in a sturdy tube and it was protected by wrapping tissue. Sweet!

#2953 2 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Did you get the pins Macca?

Umm . I think my avatar has you confusing me for Macca there Cooked . I'm Scott from up Newy way .

4 months later
    #2954 2 years ago

If anybody is interested in selling their copy of the book, do let me know, thank you!

#2955 2 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

If anybody is interested in selling their copy of the book, do let me know, thank you!

Not being sarcastic but have you tried reaching out to Paperflock? Several people backed out so they may have some to sale. Just a suggestion!

If they do, shipping may kill the deal though!

#2956 2 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Good luck with your search; it's a good book, well worth owning. As long as you didn't have to wait 5 years and spend 250 dollars anyway. Don't think I could part with mine.

#2957 2 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Not being sarcastic but have you tried reaching out to Paperflock? Several people backed out so they may have some to sale. Just a suggestion!
    If they do, shipping may kill the deal though!

I did! Turns out that they had written back five months ago and had missed the email... I tried reaching out again, but I'm interpreting their silence now as well-deserved, hollow laughter.

Yeah, I figured it was a long shot, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Good times!

2 years later
    #2958 6 months ago

I don't mean to resurrect what I know has been a rough experience for a lot of the backers of this kickstarter, but I wanted to ask if anyone who currently owns this book would be willing to sell it and for what price? I understand that the book is not well rated, however, I am more interested in owning it as a piece of pinball history (albeit a black eye of one).

#2959 6 months ago

Sheesh! I forgot all about this book!

#2960 6 months ago

I'd still love to run into joe from paperflock and pin him down for answers on how something so easy because such a sh*tshow.

#2961 6 months ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I'd still love to run into joe from paperflock and pin him down for answers on how something so easy because such a sh*tshow.

Speaking of pins…..these “pins” came with the book. I still have no idea wtf you are supposed to do with them.

IMG_8317 (resized).jpegIMG_8317 (resized).jpeg
    #2962 6 months ago

Maybe a cool item for bootleg collectors, as there's zero chance GnR, the Who, etc. approved those.

#2963 6 months ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Speaking of pins…..these “pins” came with the book. I still have no idea wtf you are supposed to do with them.
    [quoted image]

I just put mine up in the basement as like a wall decoration, i thought they were pretty cool.

#2964 6 months ago
    Quoted from PMoney:

I don't mean to resurrect what I know has been a rough experience for a lot of the backers of this kickstarter, but I wanted to ask if anyone who currently owns this book would be willing to sell it and for what price? I understand that the book is not well rated, however, I am more interested in owning it as a piece of pinball history (albeit a black eye of one).

Baggage aside, I really like the book. It’s got a lot good info about Stern’s early days, and some nice behind-the-scenes photos that I’d never seen before. Overall, it was a pleasure to read. Particularly since I bought it from a backer and so I didn’t have to wait years for it.

So that’s a long way of me saying that you can’t have mine, but I do think it’s worth owning. So good luck in your hunt!

#2965 6 months ago
    Quoted from PMoney:

I bought two and would part with one for what I paid plus actual shipping to you…not sure what that is but I’ll look.

OK, I paid $125 for the Limited Edition package I’ll cover shipping if you are interested. Has the LE cover, signatures, poster and never worn shirt (3xl but it’s rather small for a 3xl)

IMG_6547 (resized).jpegIMG_6547 (resized).jpegIMG_6548 (resized).jpegIMG_6548 (resized).jpeg
    #2966 6 months ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

[quoted image]

I collect pins and think those are cool, wish I would have got those sent to me.

#2967 6 months ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

I collect pins and think those are cool, wish I would have got those sent to me.

I get the collecting but what are you meant to do with pins? Are they meant to go on a bag or…..?

#2968 6 months ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

I bought two and would part with one for what I paid plus actual shipping to you…not sure what that is but I’ll look.
    OK, I paid $125 for the Limited Edition package I’ll cover shipping if you are interested. Has the LE cover, signatures, poster and never worn shirt (3xl but it’s rather small for a 3xl)[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for reaching out. Another member reached out to me and I agreed to buy it from him.

#2969 6 months ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

I get the collecting but what are you meant to do with pins? Are they meant to go on a bag or…..?

My kids do put pins on their school backpacks or display in their rooms on a cork board. Smaller ones people tend to wear on hats.

#2970 6 months ago

I have a “like new” copy of the book ill sell and ship via USPS priority. If interested, send me a PM. Thanks

3 months later
    #2971 3 months ago

If anybody has an copy for sale, I‘ll be in

Thanks in advance

There are 2,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 60.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-coffee-table-book-kickstarter/page/60 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.