Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,971 posts
  • 233 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 85 days ago by wizard1
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6548 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6547 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8317 (resized).jpeg
    9D1D118F-4B17-4E26-A3E4-F3031D7BCF8F (resized).jpeg
    pins (resized).png
    IMG_20210329_213847 (resized).jpg
    553B7374-1E3F-467F-8388-1FCD953EE318 (resized).jpeg
    2A285160-CF0C-4F98-AC03-E1E82BBD1EDE (resized).jpeg
    9C5A04D6-A4A8-4E45-BD6C-82F5383C4A04 (resized).jpeg
    1D2E567F-B7D7-48FF-A43A-AADE4E7CDF5D (resized).jpeg
    9639A97F-CA02-46CF-9DDD-A8277C6A35F1 (resized).jpeg
    FE4D13CB-BEF6-49CB-9D58-09A871BD63B0 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20210320_150907 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150900 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150850 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150829 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 60.
    #2901 3 years ago
    Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

Hello everyone. I'd love to get my hands on this book. Do you know if this is generally available?

No, but the people who are waiting for a refund can sell you their book.
    A friend still has his spot available, pm me if you're interested and I will ask.

I successfully have requested to cancel my refund request and ship it to someone in the usa.
    Glad to be out if this and to recoup something after all this time..

#2902 3 years ago

Wow! Didn‘t know that he made a camera! Interesting.

#2903 3 years ago
    Quoted from The_Blues:

Wow! Didn‘t know that he made a camera! Interesting.

Look at posts 1310 & 1311 from 2+ years ago in this thread....

#2904 3 years ago
    Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

Hello everyone. I'd love to get my hands on this book. Do you know if this is generally available?

I would interested in selling my spot for what I paid - postage was just too much to Australia so I am in limbo land at the moment.

I could reach out to them and see how it can be done

#2905 3 years ago
    Quoted from aeneas:

No, but the people who are waiting for a refund can sell you their book.
    A friend still has his spot available, pm me if you're interested and I will ask.
    I successfully have requested to cancel my refund request and ship it to someone in the usa.
    Glad to be out if this and to recoup something after all this time..

Quoted from swinks:

I would interested in selling my spot for what I paid - postage was just too much to Australia so I am in limbo land at the moment.
    I could reach out to them and see how it can be done

Great idea guys. Best chance of getting a refund and a book Imo.

#2906 3 years ago

Well.... I'm in two frames of mind at the moment .
    I received my book / package today .
    I'm one of those people (suckers) who went for the SLASH package .
    I'm stoked that I finally received something for my money .

BUT...

My SLASH package came with the sweatshirt / hoodie and NOT the Dickies jacket as other Slash package backers have received !!

I got the email about not being able to get the Dickies jackets ( LIES !! ) but when people who backed the Slash level were getting them I thought I might of got one anyway .

Going to send them an email and let them know what I think but I'm not expecting anything other than excuses and lies from this bunch of arseclowns .

#2907 3 years ago

Oh wow! Slash package with Sweatshirt?! Geez, each and every day they explore new ways how to suck even more!

#2908 3 years ago
    Quoted from MIL:

BUT...
    My SLASH package came with the sweatshirt / hoodie and NOT the Dickies jacket as other Slash package backers have received !!
    I got the email about not being able to get the Dickies jackets ( LIES !! ) but when people who backed the Slash level were getting them I thought I might of got one anyway .
    Going to send them an email and let them know what I think but I'm not expecting anything other than excuses and lies from this bunch of arseclowns .

Wow, that's TERRIBLE. Max level and you didn't get the jacket like other Slash-level supporters did. Crazy. Another new low.

#2909 3 years ago
    Quoted from MIL:

BUT...

That really sucks Macca.....after all that bullshit.

#2910 3 years ago

Do you think we‘re ever gonna get the Yeti-posters or are they just gonna sweep it under the rug?

#2911 3 years ago
    Quoted from The_Blues:

Do you think we‘re ever gonna get the Yeti-posters or are they just gonna sweep it under the rug?

They claimed that it's in Jeremey's hands to be signed.

#2912 3 years ago

Ironically- they really owe you the jacket more than the book. The backer awards are not dependent on the project’s completion

#2913 3 years ago

I am waiting for a refund and then reached out to them about 10 days ago to see if I can send the book to someone in the US - silence, nothing, jerks

#2914 3 years ago

Yeah, I‘m afraid they are officially done with this.

#2915 3 years ago

Finally got mine. Everything everyone else has said is true.

Some hi-lights for me so far:

FE4D13CB-BEF6-49CB-9D58-09A871BD63B0 (resized).jpegFE4D13CB-BEF6-49CB-9D58-09A871BD63B0 (resized).jpeg

1D2E567F-B7D7-48FF-A43A-AADE4E7CDF5D (resized).jpeg1D2E567F-B7D7-48FF-A43A-AADE4E7CDF5D (resized).jpeg9639A97F-CA02-46CF-9DDD-A8277C6A35F1 (resized).jpeg9639A97F-CA02-46CF-9DDD-A8277C6A35F1 (resized).jpeg9C5A04D6-A4A8-4E45-BD6C-82F5383C4A04 (resized).jpeg9C5A04D6-A4A8-4E45-BD6C-82F5383C4A04 (resized).jpeg
    #2916 3 years ago

Have to say, the best part of the book are the factory photos from p.47 - p.103. Really good photos. I feel like that should have been the book - just a bunch of good photos.

#2917 3 years ago

And this chestnut possibly the best quote in the book:

2A285160-CF0C-4F98-AC03-E1E82BBD1EDE (resized).jpeg2A285160-CF0C-4F98-AC03-E1E82BBD1EDE (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #2918 3 years ago

I received my Zombie Yeti poster today. It’s a very cool poster

#2919 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

I received my Zombie Yeti poster today. It’s a very cool poster

Pics ??

Is it the Mr. Stay Puft design ?

#2920 2 years ago

as soon as I receive my poster, I think I'm going to try and sell everything.

if anyone is interested in "buying me out", I purchased the $325 zombie yeti LE bundle w/ the poster and the shitty swapped out hoodie instead of the dickies jacket (size: XL). everything is still sealed in the usps priority mail box that it arrived in.

also included is a set of the 4 enamel pins that I was placated with to keep from cancelling my order.

#2921 2 years ago

553B7374-1E3F-467F-8388-1FCD953EE318 (resized).jpeg553B7374-1E3F-467F-8388-1FCD953EE318 (resized).jpeg

#2922 2 years ago

I received my poster today as well. unfortunately, mine was crushed by usps
    this kickstarter continues to find ways to kick me when I'm down

ps
    wasn't the poster supposed to be something exclusively commissioned for this project? this looks like 4 pcs that jeremy previously did that they just grouped together.

anybody up for inviting joe to play paintball so that all us backers can take out our frustration on just how poorly this project was run and executed?

edit:
    yep, 2 of the pcs. are artwork previously created for 2 pinball shows in 2019
    https://zombieyeti.bigcartel.com/product/limited-edition-pinball-art-print-set

the viking is also an older piece from 2014
    http://trampt.com/original-art/113676/screw-barbarian-gicl-e-digital-print-zombie-yeti

#2923 2 years ago

Well, I just finished reading my copy the other day, and then lent it to my Dad. I was pleasantly surprised with it.

Based on everyone's critical comments, I expected it to be unreadable. I was actually very happy with it. Sure it wasn't a perfect book, but I enjoyed it a lot. I loved the DE/Stern history, and I loved the candid/relaxed pictures of Gary and the gang. The spelling and grammar errors were very minor and mostly went unnoticed. And it's fun to have the complete DE/SEGA/STERN pinball list. While yes, it would have have been nice if the full credits for each game were included, I can easily look that up on IPDB or Pinside, so it's not a huge deal to me. I did think the photo montage of the Stern factory went on a bit too long. Lastly, I enjoyed gleaning little tidbits from the stories and pictures, such as the fact that apparently Joe Kaminkow wears a toupee. So that's something new I learned.

I bought my copy from a European who didn't want to pay for the crazy shipping, so I didn't have any Kickstarter baggage, or a years-long wait to color my opinion. I think most pinball fans would enjoy this book quite a bit. I'm glad I was able to get a copy.

BTW, I was all-in for my copy about $100 including shipping. Paperflock emailed saying that as a late buyer, I could buy one of their spare copies for $200 + $23 shipping! These guys are fleecing at every chance they get! I'm so glad I bought another backer's copy instead. Good book, bad price.

IMG_20210329_213847 (resized).jpgIMG_20210329_213847 (resized).jpg
    #2924 2 years ago

I sold my LE book for $500
    I feel better now

#2925 2 years ago

My poster showed up and was crushed in the box, nice job packing, at least it’s over finally.

#2926 2 years ago

I’m using mine as a topper

#2927 2 years ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

I’m using mine as a topper

I'm using my T-shirt as a pinball glass cleaning rag .

#2928 2 years ago
    Quoted from JoeinNJ:

My poster showed up and was crushed in the box, nice job packing, at least it’s over finally.

Wait... they shipped it in a box and not in a tube?! Really??? Wow! They truly live up to their amazingly low standards!

#2929 2 years ago
    Quoted from JoeinNJ:

If (ha!) the papercocks don’t make it right, try writing to ZY directly. He’s a good guy. I’ll bet he’ll send you another if there are extras. Maybe offer to cover the shipping cost.

#2930 2 years ago
    Quoted from MIL:

I'm using my T-shirt as a pinball glass cleaning rag .

Lol. Mines in my cats bed.

#2931 2 years ago

Just catching up here. Not surprised at all the further BS this project has bestowed upon the community. I feel bad for all those who firstly had the rug pulled out from under them, and even more so now that they wrapped people in the same rug and then beat them with a tire iron.

I got the bare bones version of the book delivered around Xmas (with all that added/unrealistic International shipping to Canada). I cracked the spine to start reading it, felt ill, then taken advantage of, then extremely angry. I immediately closed it and filed it away on my shelf--I couldn't bring myself to even look at it after four plus years of Paperflock nonsense. It sits there to this day, unread.

I feel dirty even giving the book a place on my shelf beside Roger Sharpe's Pinball and Jeff Lawton's Bally bingo book.

#2932 2 years ago

a pinsider who had better success with communication with Paperflock was able to transfer my book to them yesterday - I was promptly paid by this pinsider and I am now out of this show.

They are after another book only if anyone is still waiting for a repayment that wants to get out. Send me a PM and I will connect you to them.

#2933 2 years ago
    Quoted from The_Blues:

Wait... they shipped it in a box and not in a tube?! Really??? Wow! They truly live up to their amazingly low standards!

The poster was shipped in one of those triangle boxes with bubble wrap around it. Not a big deal, I’ll just move onto better things.

Between JPop(Zidware) and these guys I’m exhausted of preorders. If someone builds a product that they believe in so much,then they need to put there own money up and reap the rewards later when it sells. You know, the old fashion way....

#2934 2 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

a pinsider who had better success with communication with Paperflock was able to transfer my book to them yesterday - I was promptly paid by this pinsider and I am now out of this show.
    They are after another book only if anyone is still waiting for a repayment that wants to get out. Send me a PM and I will connect you to them.

Glad to hear you got your money back. Sadly, we will never get the time we wasted on this back. This was like a bad movie that you regret watching all the way till the end.

#2935 2 years ago
    Quoted from spiroagnew:

Just catching up here. Not surprised at all the further BS this project has bestowed upon the community. I feel bad for all those who firstly had the rug pulled out from under them, and even more so now that they wrapped people in the same rug and then beat them with a tire iron.
    I got the bare bones version of the book delivered around Xmas (with all that added/unrealistic International shipping to Canada). I cracked the spine to start reading it, felt ill, then taken advantage of, then extremely angry. I immediately closed it and filed it away on my shelf--I couldn't bring myself to even look at it after four plus years of Paperflock nonsense. It sits there to this day, unread.
    I feel dirty even giving the book a place on my shelf beside Roger Sharpe's Pinball and Jeff Lawton's Bally bingo book.

Consider selling it to someone else, if you can't bear to read it. It's a good read and a lot of people would love a copy who can't get one. I'm grateful to have my copy.

#2936 2 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

PM sent. If anyone else is interested in the LE book + ZY print, I'm pretty sure I'll never get my refund, so if anyone wants the spot and is interested in dealing with Paperflock, send over a PM.

Added over 3 years ago:

Edit-book is sold.

#2937 2 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisBardon:

PM sent. If anyone else is interested in the LE book + ZY print, I'm pretty sure I'll never get my refund, so if anyone wants the spot and is interested in dealing with Paperflock, send over a PM.

I sent your details to the pinsider that got my book as he was after one more

#2938 2 years ago

I've done my share of P-Flocker bashing--but credit where credit is due. I once again asked for a refund and this time I was credited 50 bucks thru PayPal.

#2939 2 years ago

I got some pins with my book, but they’re huge. I thought pins were meant to go on a shirt or jacket or something. What am I supposed to do with these?

#2940 2 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

I got some pins with my book, but they’re huge. I thought pins were meant to go on a shirt or jacket or something. What am I supposed to do with these?

We needs pics before we can answer the question.

#2941 2 years ago

Like these?

pins (resized).pngpins (resized).png
    #2942 2 years ago
    Quoted from Backyardace:

We needs pics before we can answer the question.

Quoted from pins4u:

Like these?
    [quoted image]

On the back are 2 pins with plastic covers like what you get on pins for jackets. But these are huge. Maybe for backpacks?

9D1D118F-4B17-4E26-A3E4-F3031D7BCF8F (resized).jpeg9D1D118F-4B17-4E26-A3E4-F3031D7BCF8F (resized).jpeg
    #2943 2 years ago

Or you could perhaps use them for a Prince Albert.

#2944 2 years ago

for sale:
    collector's bundle. zombie yeti (autographed edition of book). t-shirt (XL). hoodie (XL) [not a dickies jacket as was promised ]. pin set. poster in a sturdy poster tube. $325. I will cover shipping within the lower 48

everything is factory sealed.

#2945 2 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Or you could perhaps use them for a Prince Albert.

That would really hurt.....

#2946 2 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

just posted this to stern's facebook page (anyone taking bets that the post gets removed and I get blocked?
    [quoted image]

I wasn't following this thread but I got my jacket and I only backed the $350 but if I hadn't got my jacket I'd be pissed too.

1 week later
    #2947 2 years ago

I just wanted to chime in and say I actually received my partial refund from Emma today, as I asked for a refund last November rather than pay $100 to ship a book & t-shirt. As the months went by I didn't think it was ever going to happen, but after some back and forth recently it actually did so I wanted to give them credit and some hope to anyone else still waiting.

#2948 2 years ago
    Quoted from Strohz:

I just wanted to chime in and say I actually received my partial refund from Emma today, as I asked for a refund last November rather than pay $100 to ship a book & t-shirt. As the months went by I didn't think it was ever going to happen, but after some back and forth recently it actually did so I wanted to give them credit and some hope to anyone else still waiting.

Why was it only a partial refund?

#2949 2 years ago

Finally got my ZY print today . I was hoping that they would have gone with the original artwork of the GB Marshmallow man but it's still a nice print all the same .
    Glad to hear that some people are finally getting their refunds . Hopefully they pay up to everyone that requested a refund .

#2950 2 years ago
    Quoted from MIL:

Finally got my ZY print today . I was hoping that they would have gone with the original artwork of the GB Marshmallow man but it's still a nice print all the same .
    Glad to hear that some people are finally getting their refunds . Hopefully they pay up to everyone that requested a refund .

Did you get the pins Macca?

There are 2,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 60.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-coffee-table-book-kickstarter/page/59?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.