Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,971 posts
  • 233 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by wizard1
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6548 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6547 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8317 (resized).jpeg
    9D1D118F-4B17-4E26-A3E4-F3031D7BCF8F (resized).jpeg
    pins (resized).png
    IMG_20210329_213847 (resized).jpg
    553B7374-1E3F-467F-8388-1FCD953EE318 (resized).jpeg
    2A285160-CF0C-4F98-AC03-E1E82BBD1EDE (resized).jpeg
    9C5A04D6-A4A8-4E45-BD6C-82F5383C4A04 (resized).jpeg
    1D2E567F-B7D7-48FF-A43A-AADE4E7CDF5D (resized).jpeg
    9639A97F-CA02-46CF-9DDD-A8277C6A35F1 (resized).jpeg
    FE4D13CB-BEF6-49CB-9D58-09A871BD63B0 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20210320_150907 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150900 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150850 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150829 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 60.
    #2751 3 years ago

Thanks for posting the Tron pages!

#2752 3 years ago

Funny - my last name is with an accent - Verhé but I usually don't submit the accent as most websites can't handle it well.
    Seems I made the correct decision, as they messed up mr Bougenière

#2753 3 years ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Oh yeah, lots of backers’ names at the back of the book (so even if you opted for a refund, you are still immortalised inside the book).

Anybody else think it was unusual to alphabetize by first name rather than last name?

#2754 3 years ago
    Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

Anybody else think it was unusual to alphabetize by first name rather than last name?

at this point, did that truly surprise you?

#2755 3 years ago

Man I’m really losing patience I haven’t gotten anything

#2756 3 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

at this point, did that truly surprise you?

Not really I suppose, but it did take me an extra 30 seconds to find my name because of it!

#2757 3 years ago
    Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

They didn't even normalize the capitalization, so there were a lot of steps missed.

#2758 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

They didn't even normalize the capitalization, so there were a lot of steps missed.

It was a copy & paste job

#2759 3 years ago
    Quoted from Off2War:

Sorry if this has been asked previously, but is the book available for purchase for non backers?

In their interview on The SAPS, they said that there were books available because some people cancelled their orders. I was unaware of the Kickstarter project before that interview, and the book sounded intriguing to me, so I contacted them through their website and ordered one. Received it a couple of weeks ago.

#2760 3 years ago
    Quoted from mkk629:

In their interview on The SAPS, they said that there were books available because some people cancelled their orders. I was unaware of the Kickstarter project before that interview, and the book sounded intriguing to me, so I contacted them through their website and ordered one. Received it a couple of weeks ago.

Well, that's good. Now maybe the P-Flockers will send out the first refund to someone. 60 days has long ago come and gone--90 days hits this week.

#2761 3 years ago

Evidently the money from selling one book might have gone to Joe, Dameon, or a lucky intern. This just in from the P-Flockers in response to my latest "where's my refund?" update request:

"You will receive an email notification when your refund has been processed. I do not have an ETA at this time but we are working on it".

Best,
    Emma

#2762 3 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

Evidently the money from selling one book might have gone to Joe, Dameon, or a lucky intern. This just in from the P-Flockers in response to my latest "where's my refund?" update request:
    "You will receive an email notification when your refund has been processed. I do not have an ETA at this time but we are working on it".
    Best,
    Emma

Wow, that really sounds questionable. Clearly the money isn’t there so where’s it going to come from? What’s going to change in the near future and what do they need to work on?

#2763 3 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Wow, that really sounds questionable. Clearly the money isn’t there so where’s it going to come from? What’s going to change in the near future and what do they need to work on?

Next round of stimulus checks from the government??

#2764 3 years ago

Yeah still waiting on my stuff... several books. No notification yet. MEH. How long can it possibly take to ship 500 packages?

#2765 3 years ago
    Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Yeah still waiting on my stuff... several books. No notification yet. MEH. How long can it possibly take to ship 500 packages?

how long could it possible take them to put out a book originally promised by may 2017?

#2766 3 years ago

Are they shipping alphabetically by first name?

#2767 3 years ago

As my old gym coach used to say: "Alright, line up alphabetically shortest to tallest!" Must be something like that.

#2768 3 years ago

Refunds will be taken care with the launch of, "Stern, the next 30+ years". Most pages will be blank, like a coffee table note pad with a nice cover. The up side is it should make it to print quicker.

#2769 3 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Are they shipping alphabetically by first name?

Not unless they are shipping one book per month, because the person listed alphabetically above me texted me a picture of his book January 6th showing me that our names are next to each other.

I haven’t received anything yet.

1 week later
    #2770 3 years ago

Still no Slash-Package. Luckily I only paid $620 for it. Otherwise I would be pretty bummed out.

#2771 3 years ago

Gone quiet again in here. Run out of money again?

#2772 3 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Gone quiet again in here. Run out of money again?

Government stimulus checks they were counting on for postage are delayed.

#2773 3 years ago

I reminded them of payment, now officially over 90 days and still nothing apart from a message you will be notified when a refund is sent but no response when asked when

funny how everyone is mentioned in the back of the book including those that want a refund...

as others have stated I have supported many really good kickstarter projects with only 2 being crap and dodgy - funny enough both were pinball related.

#2774 3 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

funny how everyone is mentioned in the back of the book including those that want a refund...

the books were already printed before the refund option was even offered up. kind of crappy that those that paid the most are now waiting the longest (dickie jackets out of stock) and even more so for the insane postage for everyone, especially those residing outside of the united states

#2775 3 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

the books were already printed before the refund option was even offered up. kind of crappy that those that paid the most are now waiting the longest (dickie jackets out of stock) and even more so for the insane postage for everyone, especially those residing outside of the united states

the insane postage is the only reason I am out plus not really impressed by the scrap book photo placement

#2776 3 years ago

My book is still in its shipping box, unopened. I lost interest in it a long time ago.

#2777 3 years ago

I will probably just take the boxes to goodwill unopened. Also lost interest long ago.......

#2778 3 years ago
    Quoted from Backyardace:

My book is still in its shipping box, unopened. I lost interest in it a long time ago.

I flipped through it for 2 minutes, put it on my shelf and I'm not sure when I'll look at it again.

#2779 3 years ago

Refunds are now 90 days out from the November 17th deadline. I assume I know the answer, but did anyone get one yet?

#2780 3 years ago

They haven’t even shipped all the pledges... refunds are miles away, I‘m afraid.

#2781 3 years ago

I didn't even have to pay extra for the Blu-Ray copy of "Insert Coin" Kickstarter. Shipped via Media Mail. So yeah they scammed us with "wE cAn'T sHiP mEdIa MaiL".

Screenshot_20210219-065640.jpgScreenshot_20210219-065640.jpg
    #2782 3 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

I didn't even have to pay extra for the Blu-Ray copy of "Insert Coin" Kickstarter. Shipped via Media Mail. So yeah they scammed us with "wE cAn'T sHiP mEdIa MaiL".
    [quoted image]

Input the package weight/dimensions into the USPS web site for a quote when you receive the book, then post the results of the quote versus what you paid. Depending on what service they are using to ship, they may be paying even less than the USPS retail rate listed.

#2783 3 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I flipped through it for 2 minutes, put it on my shelf and I'm not sure when I'll look at it again.

Ok, I decided if that's how I feel I WILL bring the book to my local league whenever it resumes and let everyone flip through it with their pizza fingers.

#2784 3 years ago

I will buy a book copy, if it shows up on Amazon for $25 (shipped), or if someone here what to pass it on.

Thanks for the review link.
    It turned out what was directly projected 4 years ago, but people at least received something.
    It has a lineage literature history of its own even if a severe disappointment.
    I just call it the "Stern pinball scrapbook" (Reader's Digest Version).
    The CD they gleaned information from might be a bit more valuable than the book.

#2785 3 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

[quoted image]

So they shipped "we can't do it" media mail after all, for $4 per package with tracking. How much did they shipping overcharges did they pocket making this swap?

#2786 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Input the package weight/dimensions into the USPS web site for a quote when you receive the book, then post the results of the quote versus what you paid. Depending on what service they are using to ship, they may be paying even less than the USPS retail rate listed.

There is just a Blu-Ray film inside and not a heavy book, t-shirt, and poster. So it won't be the same. Still what I'm trying to prove is that you can ship something via Media Mail with Kickstarter and it will arrive within 2 weeks.

Quoted from PinMonk:

So they shipped "we can't do it" media mail after all, for $4 per package with tracking. How much did they shipping overcharges did they pocket making this swap?

No read what I posted. This is for another Kickstarter.

#2787 3 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

No read what I posted. This is for another Kickstarter.

Ah, that's what I get for skimming. But I shipped a book heavier than the pinball one media mail coast to coast for about that same price WITH tracking and it was delivered in 11 days AT CHRISTMAS, the worst time for Media Mail. So them saying they can't do it is a total lie, at least for US customers.

#2788 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Ah, that's what I get for skimming. But I shipped a book heavier than the pinball one media mail coast to coast for about that same price WITH tracking and it was delivered in 11 days AT CHRISTMAS, the worst time for Media Mail. So them saying they can't do it is a total lie, at least for US customers.

They never said they COULDN'T use media mail, they said they didn't WANT to use media mail. The paper flock guys said that they thought the books were less likely to be lost using Priority Shipping.

That was a judgement call that I don't necessarily agree with. You can get tracking and insurance for Media Mail, so it's a fairly safe method, just slow.

What would have been great is if the paper flock guys gave their backers the option to choose one method or the other. I ship a lot on ebay and if I'm shipping a 4 pound book, the difference between MM and priority can easily be 10 or 20 dollars.

#2789 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

They never said they COULDN'T use media mail, they said they didn't WANT to use media mail. The paper flock guys said that they thought the books were less likely to be lost using Priority Shipping.

I believe their stated main reason for not using it was that you couldn't get tracking for media mail, which was a total lie.

#2790 3 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Ok, I decided if that's how I feel I WILL bring the book to my local league whenever it resumes and let everyone flip through it with their pizza fingers.

You could just bring some archivist's gloves, and turn the pages with sterilized tweezers?

I'm kind of curious to get a look at this thing someday. Still nothing on the promised refund.

#2791 3 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisBardon:

...Still nothing on the promised refund.

One thing you can take to the bank, when Joe DP promises something--it is set in stone...

#2792 3 years ago

Anyone else met with kind of angry and mean responses from Paperflock "customer service"?

#2793 3 years ago

So has everyone got their books yet?

#2794 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

That was a judgement call that I don't necessarily agree with. You can get tracking and insurance for Media Mail, so it's a fairly safe method, just slow.
    What would have been great is if the paper flock guys gave their backers the option to choose one method or the other. I ship a lot on ebay and if I'm shipping a 4 pound book, the difference between MM and priority can easily be 10 or 20 dollars.

Yeah my bad they didn't say they couldn't. I would reach out to Christian Line or Franchi. It seems like they are the only people able to reach out to these idiots. Media Mail offers free tracking and for this package it only took a week. Didn't have to pay extra either and this project is also way overdue but it went through film festivals, etc.

#2795 3 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

So has everyone got their books yet?

Nope, Slash-packages are still missing the jacket, hence nothing shipped at all.

#2796 3 years ago
    Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Anyone else met with kind of angry and mean responses from Paperflock "customer service"?

I just asked again where our refunds were, and suggested if they had no intentions of issuing them to admit it. I was told there was no timetable, but they would remove me from the refund list if I'd like. I'm thinking this counts as a semi-angry response...

#2797 3 years ago

Like time tables means anything to these guys lol

#2798 3 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

I just asked again where our refunds were, and suggested if they had no intentions of issuing them to admit it. I was told there was no timetable, but they would remove me from the refund list if I'd like. I'm thinking this counts as a semi-angry response...

Arrogant pr*cks.

#2799 3 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

but they would remove me from the refund list if I'd like.

Does that mean they will ship you the book instead? Might be worth it to sell and recoup some of the money

#2800 3 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

If it’s any comfort, this anonymous pinsider is furious on your behalf. What a bunch of jackasses. Unbelievable the arrogance of those guys.

There are 2,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 60.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-coffee-table-book-kickstarter/page/56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.