Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,971 posts
  • 233 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 64 days ago by wizard1
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6548 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6547 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8317 (resized).jpeg
    9D1D118F-4B17-4E26-A3E4-F3031D7BCF8F (resized).jpeg
    pins (resized).png
    IMG_20210329_213847 (resized).jpg
    553B7374-1E3F-467F-8388-1FCD953EE318 (resized).jpeg
    2A285160-CF0C-4F98-AC03-E1E82BBD1EDE (resized).jpeg
    9C5A04D6-A4A8-4E45-BD6C-82F5383C4A04 (resized).jpeg
    1D2E567F-B7D7-48FF-A43A-AADE4E7CDF5D (resized).jpeg
    9639A97F-CA02-46CF-9DDD-A8277C6A35F1 (resized).jpeg
    FE4D13CB-BEF6-49CB-9D58-09A871BD63B0 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20210320_150907 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150900 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150850 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150829 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 60.
    #2601 3 years ago

You can play a game with every page counting how many redundant pictures were used. How many Rolling Stones lips did they need to include? Every page has multiple cabinet photos of the same cabinet. It just reeks of a lack of polish, which is infuriating with how long it took. Oh well.

#2602 3 years ago

I'm waiting for them to hit the Pinside marketplace.

#2603 3 years ago

I ordered the Drop Target Omnibus book from the US. Let’s see if that arrives before this one does.

#2604 3 years ago

Anyone know where these are shipping from? I have a weird pre shipment and I have not gotten any info about my shipment.

BC1A860F-421F-4E09-A019-6E2F0DE39934 (resized).pngBC1A860F-421F-4E09-A019-6E2F0DE39934 (resized).png
    #2605 3 years ago
    Quoted from waymon:

Anyone know where these are shipping from? I have a weird pre shipment and I have not gotten any info about my shipment. [quoted image]

DeJoy's barely functional version of the USPS has taken to not scanning packages and just throwing them on trucks - they've admitted this started last Summer, supposedly to save time (hint:it doesn't). So it's possible this is already enroute to you and just wasn't scanned at the post office where it was dropped off.

#2606 3 years ago

Google maps says he's mailing these from a field LOL

Quoted from waymon:

Anyone know where these are shipping from? I have a weird pre shipment and I have not gotten any info about my shipment. [quoted image]

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #2607 3 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Seems legit.

#2608 3 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

ugh. After all this wait, and all their delays so they could make it better, this is what we got.
    Each of those pages contains pictures that are very similar to each other. Like very similar cabinet and playfield photos of the same machine, essentially duplicates. You could have omitted them and made for more space and made it look cleaner and not like picture vomit.

I think I would have been ok with buying it for retail as a book, for a retail price, and not wait 4 years for it. It is a shame though that being the case of it taking 4 years and the premium everyone paid for it, this is what they ended up getting.

I think the signs of what was to come, if it ever did. Were there all along.
    But at least you eventually got something.

Screenshot_20201230_210554_com.android.chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201230_210554_com.android.chrome (resized).jpg
    #2609 3 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

That isn't where it was shipped. It could be an old photo (likely) that Google has and other stuff that I won't put on Pinside. Rent is not cheap in Los Angeles!

#2610 3 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

That isn't where it was shipped. It could be an old photo (likely) that Google has and other stuff that I won't put on Pinside. Rent is not cheap in Los Angeles!

The pic of the empty lot is of the address on the label which is in Louisiana, not California. Metairie is a suburb of New Orleans....

#2611 3 years ago

Got my book today. Kinda mad because it is damaged. Of corse!!

22231883-2B5E-48F1-8D0C-79BFD4AB933F (resized).jpeg22231883-2B5E-48F1-8D0C-79BFD4AB933F (resized).jpeg246AAA00-7866-4993-8EB8-BBB7D1D0FA57 (resized).jpeg246AAA00-7866-4993-8EB8-BBB7D1D0FA57 (resized).jpeg7425B213-341F-42CB-9587-BC16852AA58A (resized).jpeg7425B213-341F-42CB-9587-BC16852AA58A (resized).jpeg
    #2612 3 years ago

mine arrived safe and sound on saturday (1/2)

#2613 3 years ago
    Quoted from waymon:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, I can't believe that could happen with the "Premium Shipping Service" (and correlating price) being so thoughtfully provided by the P-flockers. One can only guess how much damage might be done using the much cheaper Media Mail (wait a minute...the same goofs do the handling and delivery--so chances are equal)!

I'd want an undamaged book, but good luck getting these scrubs to do anything for you.

#2614 3 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

Wow, I can't believe that could happen with the "Premium Shipping Service" (and correlating price) being so thoughtfully provided by the P-flockers. One can only guess how much damage might be done using the much cheaper Media Mail (wait a minute...the same goofs do the handling and delivery--so chances are equal)!
    I'd want an undamaged book, but good luck getting these guys to do anything for you.

I'd bet they didn't think to hold back replacement books in case something is damaged or lost. I am owed several books and I'm quite worried about them arriving damaged.

#2615 3 years ago
    Quoted from waymon:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Weren’t they supposed to be bubble wrapped also?

#2616 3 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

They were. My book came perfect. That box he showed looked like it was run over by a mail truck.

#2617 3 years ago
    Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

I'd bet they didn't think to hold back replacement books in case something is damaged or lost.

I think they said they did hold back some replacements during the SAPS interview.

#2618 3 years ago

These all seem single books at this time? No other packages?

#2619 3 years ago

Dameon is working up to the more complicated "Premium Shipping" packages...

#2620 3 years ago

Now that some of you have finally got your books, what do you guys think? I would have thought more of you would be putting up your thoughts and opinions by now.

#2621 3 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

It was but bubbles only protect things so much!

#2622 3 years ago
    Quoted from waymon:

It was but bubbles only protect things so much!

Yeh, that's a serious whack to go through the card and the bubbles. Looks like the actual cover is dented also, not just the sleeve?

#2623 3 years ago
    Quoted from waymon:

I'd be contacting them straight away ( if you haven't already ) . The "premium" that was charged for shipping should've been enough to include some sort of insurance for cases like this . If not then what they charged should easily cover the cost of sending out a replacement and surely enough people cancelled that they should have quite a few spares . Maybe even offer to send the damaged book back once you get a replacement as a good will gesture ( and to show them how much it REALLY costs to mail a book ! ) .

#2624 3 years ago
    Quoted from MIL:

I'd be contacting them straight away ( if you haven't already ) . The "premium" that was charged for shipping should've been enough to include some sort of insurance for cases like this . If not then what they charged should easily cover the cost of sending out a replacement and surely enough people cancelled that they should have quite a few spares . Maybe even offer to send the damaged book back once you get a replacement as a good will gesture ( and to show them how much it REALLY costs to mail a book ! ) .

I have reached out. Just waiting for a response.

#2625 3 years ago

Every book I ordered in the last 2 months, including the books from Germany, all arrived before my Stern book.

20210105_155418 (resized).jpg20210105_155418 (resized).jpg

Anyone in Canada received a shipping notification?

#2626 3 years ago
    Quoted from Micky:

Now that some of you have finally got your books, what do you guys think? I would have thought more of you would be putting up your thoughts and opinions by now.

I am not too deep into it yet but i am enjoying it. learned a few things i didn't know about the formation of Stern and some of the behind the scene stuff. So far no complaints, but i am not crazy critical of these kind of books... just enjoy learning more about my pinball, console games and arcade machines.

#2627 3 years ago

Dameon made my label 5 days ago but hasn’t shipped it. Sigh.

#2628 3 years ago

Any international backers received shipping confirmations? How bloody slow can these guys be - are they boxing and shipping 2 per day?!

#2629 3 years ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Any international backers received shipping confirmations? How bloody slow can these guys be - are they boxing and shipping 2 per day?!

Considering they’re having issues with US orders going out, I wouldn’t count on any of us getting them anytime soon.

#2630 3 years ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

No

#2631 3 years ago

Nothing here either, but Joe already wrote a comment that the Slash-Packages will be shipped last.

#2632 3 years ago

Got my Book, Poster, and T shirt today-

6D9B9B93-F3B4-4342-936F-B54E5042965F (resized).jpeg6D9B9B93-F3B4-4342-936F-B54E5042965F (resized).jpeg
    #2633 3 years ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

Got my Book, Poster, and T shirt today-
    [quoted image]

Someone on FB said that the shirts were pretty nice quality. I haven’t gotten any shipping notifications yet. My snapmaker 2.0 and my books are no shows in 2020.

#2634 3 years ago

Someone on FB said that the shirts were pretty nice quality. I like some of what I have seen of the books.

I haven’t gotten any shipping notifications yet. My snapmaker 2.0 and my books are no shows in 2020.

#2635 3 years ago

Someone on FB said that the shirts were pretty nice quality. I haven’t gotten any shipping notifications yet. My snapmaker 2.0 and my books are no shows in 2020.

I never got a shipping notification, it just showed up today, was pretty surprised. And yes, t-shirt is pretty good quality.

#2636 3 years ago

Glad to hear these are finally getting shipped. I got an email today verifying my shipping address so I assume it will be on its way soon.

#2637 3 years ago
    Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

Glad to hear these are finally getting shipped. I got an email today verifying my shipping address so I assume it will be on its way soon.

Same

#2638 3 years ago
    F38899FA-C7BA-4C8E-B108-E51B42334045 (resized).jpegF38899FA-C7BA-4C8E-B108-E51B42334045 (resized).jpeg
    #2639 3 years ago

Just got the book and shirt today. Yes, it definitely took longer to produce than the original timeline and yes there were a couple of times when I legit thought it would never see the light of day but in the end I'm glad I backed it and glad I own the book. I think overall it was very nicely done and I'm pleasantly pleased.

#2640 3 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

They were. My book came perfect. That box he showed looked like it was run over by a mail truck.

No no... they just have a thing where if they are bored at lunch (which happens allot) they play kickball with a few random packages.

Its all in good fun for the soon to be out of business USPS.

#2641 3 years ago

Just got an eMail:

„Hello!

Thank you so much for the support of our project, Keeping the Ball Alive. As one of our higher tier backers, we are incredibly grateful to you for bringing this book to life.

As you’re aware, we are currently in the final, fulfillment stage of our journey. I’m writing to let you know that the custom Dickies jacket in your pledge is currently backordered from the supplier and expected to arrive in mid- to late February. Your package will ship complete when it does, and you will receive a tracking number at that time.

Thank you for your patience!“

Oh well...

#2642 3 years ago

Sorry to hear @the_blues, that sucks big time

#2643 3 years ago
    Quoted from The_Blues:

Just got an eMail:
    „Hello!
    Thank you so much for the support of our project, Keeping the Ball Alive. As one of our higher tier backers, we are incredibly grateful to you for bringing this book to life.
    As you’re aware, we are currently in the final, fulfillment stage of our journey. I’m writing to let you know that the custom Dickies jacket in your pledge is currently backordered from the supplier and expected to arrive in mid- to late February. Your package will ship complete when it does, and you will receive a tracking number at that time.
    Thank you for your patience!“
    Oh well...

I got that email too. What I don’t understand is I had to pay 2x for shipping cause it will come in 2 boxes. Why not ship our book (box 1) now and send box 2 when the jacket is ready?

#2644 3 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

I got that email too. What I don’t understand is I had to pay 2x for shipping cause it will come in 2 boxes. Why not ship our book (box 1) now and send box 2 when the jacket is ready?

That would be too logical.

#2645 3 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

My thoughts exactly. I paid $125.35 shipping and have to wait two more months... weeeeeee!

#2646 3 years ago

Hey folks just so you are aware, your book may have been shipped without you knowing. If you got an e-mail saying that you got a digital wallpaper, click on the link to get it. In the upper right hand corner click on "view confirmation". In the upper left hand corner you may see a USPS tracking for your pledge.

The wallpaper is the book pages itself in 1920x1200, 1920x1080, 5K resolution. There is also MACOSX versions and mobile variants. To me the photos are just washed out. We are talking full on overhead lamps they were using just washing out all the details, contrast settings turned up, reflections (may have the glass on as well), to cropping images distorting them. Space Jam I'm using as an example as poor page layout. They couldn't fit the overhead shot onto the page so they cropped it and squished it. We don't even get a pf shot of Harley. It's a complete mess!

Folks who have received this book tell me I'm wrong please!

KTBA_Wallpaper_13.jpgKTBA_Wallpaper_13.jpgKTBA_Wallpaper_18.jpgKTBA_Wallpaper_18.jpg

#2647 3 years ago

What did they do to Data East Star Trek??? They cropped the DMD out and pasted it there.
    KTBA_Wallpaper_06.jpgKTBA_Wallpaper_06.jpg

#2648 3 years ago

ugh. Hate to have seen the state of it before they said they were going to make it better.

#2649 3 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

Hey folks just so you are aware, your book may have been shipped without you knowing. If you got an e-mail saying that you got a digital wallpaper, click on the link to get it. In the upper right hand corner click on "view confirmation". In the upper left hand corner you may see a USPS tracking for your pledge.
    The wallpaper is the book pages itself in 1920x1200, 1920x1080, 5K resolution. There is also MACOSX versions and mobile variants. To me the photos are just washed out. We are talking full on overhead lamps they were using just washing out all the details, contrast settings turned up, reflections (may have the glass on as well), to cropping images distorting them. Space Jam I'm using as an example as poor page layout. They couldn't fit the overhead shot onto the page so they cropped it and squished it. We don't even get a pf shot of Harley. It's a complete mess!
    Folks who have received this book tell me I'm wrong please!

Looks fine to me...? I guess I'm not super picky though. I was just looking for a cool book about the last 30 years of Stern and so far this seems to have delivered that. If you were expecting pictures of every machine photographed under perfect conditions you'll probably be disappointed (not that it's wrong for you to have been looking for that). I'd also probably reserve judgement until you have the book in your hands. For example, there is definitely a full playfield shot of Harley, the game just has a 2 page spread of which you showed just page 1.

#2650 3 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

I don't have "View confirmation" on my page so that isn't true in 100% of the cases. I wish they would have their stuff together...

There are 2,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 60.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-coffee-table-book-kickstarter/page/53?hl=waymon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.