Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,971 posts
  • 233 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 86 days ago by wizard1
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6548 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6547 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8317 (resized).jpeg
    9D1D118F-4B17-4E26-A3E4-F3031D7BCF8F (resized).jpeg
    pins (resized).png
    IMG_20210329_213847 (resized).jpg
    553B7374-1E3F-467F-8388-1FCD953EE318 (resized).jpeg
    2A285160-CF0C-4F98-AC03-E1E82BBD1EDE (resized).jpeg
    9C5A04D6-A4A8-4E45-BD6C-82F5383C4A04 (resized).jpeg
    1D2E567F-B7D7-48FF-A43A-AADE4E7CDF5D (resized).jpeg
    9639A97F-CA02-46CF-9DDD-A8277C6A35F1 (resized).jpeg
    FE4D13CB-BEF6-49CB-9D58-09A871BD63B0 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20210320_150907 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150900 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150850 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210320_150829 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

29 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 2,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 60.
    #2401 3 years ago

My take on all this...Joe can go Paperfluck himself.

#2402 3 years ago

Hope he finds a mass distributor

#2403 3 years ago

SHIP MY SHIT! I PAID. I PAID SHIPPING. SHIP MY SHIT.

#2404 3 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

SHIP MY SHIT! I PAID. I PAID SHIPPING. SHIP MY SHIT.

Yeh, WTF are they doing waisting time on Podcasts?!?!?!?

Oh, yeh, pre-promotion for the next round of printing.

#2405 3 years ago

I thought I read on the kickstarter somewhere that stated they made 500 books.

I don't think Stern will use them based on how long it took to develop a book. They really should of kept the idea of the see through pages to open up a game at least for the Batman anniversary game.

#2406 3 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

5) The scope of the book sounds considerable and sounds of high quality.

The one and only "color correction" example they put up says otherwise. It was grade school-level photo work and did not bode well for the other pictures that needed work. The page samples look like game flyers. I don't expect them to admit their layout skills suck, but this interview was basically image repair, it sounds like.

#2407 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

The one and only "color correction" example they put up says otherwise. It was grade school-level photo work and did not bode well for the other pictures that needed work. The page samples look like game flyers. I don't expect them to admit their layout skills suck, but this interview was basically image repair, it sounds like.

Oh yeah I remember that now. That was a while ago. Yeah I just hope it comes out good.

#2408 3 years ago

Swinks is correct, Joe told his backers the P-Fluckers had printed 500 books. Hard to believe that Joe isn't being 100% up-front about something--I'm shocked.

#2409 3 years ago

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities, out of the 500 books about 56 were reserved for company people, Stern people, Slash, etc... and only 444 are actually for sale.

They will absolutely make another run of this book. (If they start now they might be able to get it ready for the 35th anniversary)

#2410 3 years ago

It would be easy for them to make an affordable trade paperback version. I expect that would be the next iteration.

#2411 3 years ago

If they are doing a interview and want to save image they need to state that they made 500 and "x" amount are for whoever - be honest and really the 444 stated are for the backers that made this all possible.

I don't trust them and have to agree with PinMonk the page layout is disappointing.

Hopefully the people still on board for the books are happy with them.

#2412 3 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities, out of the 500 books about 56 were reserved for company people, Stern people, Slash, etc... and only 444 are actually for sale.
    They will absolutely make another run of this book. (If they start now they might be able to get it ready for the 35th anniversary)

Trying to guess what the P-Fluckers real intentions are is like trying to guess what's really in that hot dog. I'd rather go with the hot dog...

#2413 3 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

It would be easy for them to make an affordable trade paperback version. I expect that would be the next iteration.

I asked them early on to make a digital version available for purchase on something like Kindle and they said no. They left money on the table back then, and if they did offer it now I wouldn't buy it out of principle.

#2414 3 years ago

I am considering buying a 400-page hard-cover coffee table book and having it shipping from England to Texas. Cost: 6 GBP.
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2415 3 years ago
    Quoted from marcus0202:

I am considering buying a 400-page hard-cover coffee table book and having it shipping from England to Texas. Cost: 6 GBP.
    [quoted image]

Obviously a scam as everyone now knows that it costs at least $110 to ship that.

Speaking of scams--anyone actually get their hands on a book yet?

#2416 3 years ago

I have not seen any updates on the ZY print, t-shirts, or Jackets that were supposed to be included for higher end backers. What's with that?

#2417 3 years ago

If I don’t get a shipping notice by end of next week I am reversing charges on my credit card.

#2418 3 years ago
    Quoted from paul_8788:

If I don’t get a shipping notice by end of next week I am reversing charges on my credit card.

What tools.

My credit card was charged nov 10. So we're 16 days later (so far) and nothing happened.

#2419 3 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

Speaking of scams--anyone actually get their hands on a book yet?

We need a pool without water board to place bets on who finally gets their hands on one of these first.

#2420 3 years ago

Wonder if the shipping money is being used to fund the refunds until PaperFuck can get the books on Amazon or something... it just seems weird they had funds after all this time with vacations, interns, etc to process any refunds...

#2421 3 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Wonder if the shipping money is being used to fund the refunds until PaperFuck can get the books on Amazon or something... it just seems weird they had funds after all this time with vacations, interns, etc to process any refunds...

I doubt it, I haven't seen anything and they told us 60-90 days for a refund so that is 2-3 months away. They will probably use higher postage prices or amazon sales to cover refunds or just not pay us...

#2422 3 years ago

Pretty sure at this point my Secret Santa recipient will get his package before Paperflock sends me my book.

#2423 3 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Yeah, seems very ponzi-scheme-ish.

#2424 3 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

Pretty sure at this point my Secret Santa recipient will get his package before Paperflock sends me my book.

Recycled from last year.

1f3a404b1be656536b7cc230c61f49339ad93514 (resized).png1f3a404b1be656536b7cc230c61f49339ad93514 (resized).png
    #2425 3 years ago

Did you guys hear the podcast interview? They said that this will not be printed again in this form. After this is over they will most likely sell the intellectual property of the book and if that new owner chooses to republish, its up to them. So it is my opinion that this means If some big publisher buys this book from them, they can Re-publish the book and sell it on Amazon. So if you buy a future amazon version and have amazon prime the shipping will be Free from amazon. WTF!???

#2426 3 years ago
    Quoted from phalcon_2600:

Did you guys hear the podcast interview? They said that this will not be printed again in this form. After this is over they will most likely sell the intellectual property of the book and if that new owner chooses to republish, its up to them. So it is my opinion that this means If some big publisher buys this book from them, they can Re-publish the book and sell it on Amazon. So if you buy a future amazon version and have amazon prime the shipping will be Free from amazon. WTF!???

They will probably get there book before we do at this rate.

#2427 3 years ago

I am pretty mad and angry at myself that I trusted these guys with almost $650... Screw that!

#2428 3 years ago
    Quoted from The_Blues:

I am pretty mad and angry at myself that I trusted these guys with almost $650... Screw that!

I am sorry to hear that and hope everyone gets what they ordered.

#2429 3 years ago
    Quoted from phalcon_2600:

Maybe Stern will buy it? Wouldn’t think the market for the IP would be that big.

#2430 3 years ago

Hell, if I buy it you'll have books in 3 weeks! My new one just came out!

Deadly Spawn Cover 8.5x11140 st (resized).jpgDeadly Spawn Cover 8.5x11140 st (resized).jpg
    #2431 3 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Maybe Stern will buy it? Wouldn’t think the market for the IP would be that big.

Agreed. How much would rights for a book such as this one even be? Surely Stern would have some sort of say in any transaction as well.

#2432 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Agreed. How much would rights for a book such as this one even be? Surely Stern would have some sort of say in any transaction as well.

8867AFA2-C30A-4B69-9218-AEB8F40D5E0E (resized).jpeg8867AFA2-C30A-4B69-9218-AEB8F40D5E0E (resized).jpeg
    #2433 3 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Hell, if I buy it you'll have books in 3 weeks! My new one just came out!
    [quoted image]

I coincidentally just saw the trailer for that movie 2 weeks ago

#2434 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think Stern would be the only "real" potential customer of this. No publisher would pay out big dollars.

But isn't "paperflock" the publisher? But then they don't want to publish it.

#2436 3 years ago

They were the designers / publishers but then did not use there own printing facilities / person to print.

I really think they should just do travel books given the holidays Joe does...

#2437 3 years ago

BRIGHT LIGHTS! FRESH FASHION!

#2438 3 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

They were the designers / publishers but then did not use there own printing facilities / person to print.
    I really think they should just do travel books given the holidays Joe does...

I did a little bit of reading to see how they positioned themselves at the start of this. This quote cracked me up:

Fans will get a chance to become part of the books production through PaperFlock’s unique crowd collaboration process. Content will be crafted with input from the projects forum on PaperFlock.com. This gives dedicated fans a real sense of ownership in the project. As incentive unique collectible limited edition rewards await financial backers on Kickstarter.

Their kickstarter also said a run of 1000 books, but now they're saying "500 and we're out of here".

#2439 3 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I did a little bit of reading to see how they positioned themselves at the start of this. This quote cracked me up:

Their kickstarter also said a run of 1000 books, but now they're saying "500 and we're out of here".

I'd do a chargeback for the shipping fee you recently paid them. Then request a refund. Probably won't get it but it can't hurt to try.

#2440 3 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

and in the interview 444 books - lies....

I was keen at the beginning of the kickstarter and then he almost begged me to support and sadly I went against my gut feeling (something I did not feel was right) and supported them...

#2441 3 years ago

Has anyone gotten their books yet? I'm excited to get mine... just so few books in the pinball community, and no modern books. Wondering what people think of theirs that have gotten them already.

#2442 3 years ago
    Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Has anyone gotten their books yet? I'm excited to get mine... just so few books in the pinball community, and no modern books. Wondering what people think of theirs that have gotten them already.

nothing yet

#2443 3 years ago

What a FUCKING joke. Just ship the fucker

#2444 3 years ago

Won't ship for another week or so (according to them) - so take that as you wish. If these get received before Xmas, I'll be stunned! Roll on 2021 :-/

#2445 3 years ago

I've ordered a handful of books recently, let's see what arrives first!

It's been what, 2 weeks since I paid for shipping on the Stern books?
    I also ordered 2 books on old German arcade machines, shipped from Germany, and they might arrive first!
    And I just ordered More Automatic Pleasures (a book on slot machine articles) today.

I have these books waiting for me to pick up South of the border once the pandemic slows down and the borders reopen:
    American Saloons, Pre-Prohibition Photographs
    Put Another Nickel In
    Super Nintendo Library Guide Book (the giant Pat Contri tome!!! A super awesome kickstarter)
    Arcade One by Richard M. Bueschel

my library is going to be bursting.

#2446 3 years ago

Delays, lack of information, reneging on promises, disappeared from Pinside after their project funded. Not to worry, as there were more ridiculous delays and outright lies to come. To top all that off it is absolutely beyond belief that the PaperChumps have charged an outrageous amount for shipping and have not yet managed to ship anything weeks later (just all part of their "premium service"). If they had shipped via USPS media rate (comes with tracking) everyone would have had their books by now at a fraction of the cost. Nice work PaperFlucks--looking forward to your next project...

#2447 3 years ago

Just received an arcade book from the U.K., only a week in transit. Book was $34 which included shipping! Shipping is not hard. Joe is a real piece of work.

015FC532-AA46-4B69-AF88-1C890E2C3A23 (resized).jpeg015FC532-AA46-4B69-AF88-1C890E2C3A23 (resized).jpeg
    #2448 3 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Joe is a real piece of work.

I personally would’ve gone with piece of shit instead. Cause that’s what he is. Fucker padded shipping, and still hasn’t shipped a fucking thing. Yep, I definitely would’ve went with piece of shit.

#2449 3 years ago

30 years (resized).JPG30 years (resized).JPG
    #2450 3 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Just received an arcade book from the U.K., only a week in transit. Book was $34 which included shipping! Shipping is not hard. Joe is a real piece of work.
    [quoted image]

Ooooo looks cool, what is the book like? Is it an art book, or more of a historical book?

There are 2,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 60.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-coffee-table-book-kickstarter/page/49?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.